Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Worldwide Cannabis Guide > IS THIS FAKE PURPLE WEED?

Thread Title Search
Click to Upgrade your account
IS THIS FAKE PURPLE WEED? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-28-2017, 01:09 AM #1
Rjay

Rjay is on a distinguished road
IS THIS FAKE PURPLE WEED?

This is my first post ever on the forum, I've been searching around for a while for some answers but can't seem to find any. I recently came across some purple bud, purple do-si-do it was pitched as, not from the usual source but seemed very solid. Look, smell, taste - passed the usual tests.

However, I started to reading online about purple and lots of people saying there is fake purple around. One post suggested taking a bud and holding it between a wet paper towel - I did this and it did indeed leave a purple / pinky mark on the paper. Of course this made me panic and think it must be dyed, however, one poster suggested that Anthocyanin - the compound that causes bud to go purple - would indeed rub off on wet paper.

I'm just wondering if anyone can confirm this test using some true purple? See if the same thing happens or if I really have just picked something up that's been dyed.

The strangest thing is - I wasn't charged more for it, the one hit I had seemed to work as expected, it looks and smells great - just this strange colouring on the towel.

Anyone with knowledge or access to true purple strain able to help me?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image1.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	429994 Click image for larger version

Name:	image2.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	52.4 KB
ID:	429995 Click image for larger version

Name:	image3.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	64.3 KB
ID:	429996
Rjay is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-28-2017, 03:00 AM #2
Leaf Eater

Leaf Eater has a spectacular aura aboutLeaf Eater has a spectacular aura aboutLeaf Eater has a spectacular aura aboutLeaf Eater has a spectacular aura about
I would be sceptical too. Look at the trichs and it they are purple the color may be from the oil. I have seen purple rosin pressed out and it was purple.But i dont think you would see it on paper but maybe. could it be koolaid? I hear people are doing that now.It will be interesting to see what others have to say on this subject
Leaf Eater is offline Quote

Old 09-28-2017, 03:07 AM #3
Spaventa

Spaventa is a name known to allSpaventa is a name known to allSpaventa is a name known to allSpaventa is a name known to allSpaventa is a name known to allSpaventa is a name known to allSpaventa is a name known to allSpaventa is a name known to allSpaventa is a name known to allSpaventa is a name known to allSpaventa is a name known to all
the purple don't come off.

Last edited by Spaventa; 09-28-2017 at 03:35 AM..
Spaventa is offline Quote

Old 09-28-2017, 03:38 AM #4
Rjay

Thanks guys - I've read about the Koolaid trick also - what's strange is the other stuff I picked up at the same time off this guy seems perfect and even this purple one with close inspection seems totally in order - the trichs are white and there's lots of them, smell seems sickly sweet, a bit like Girl Scout Cookies and the purple permeates all the way through the buds, there's still red hairs, lots of green - it seems legit in every way except this strange colouring on the paper.

@spaventa - Be great if you have something else to repeat the test with, thanks.
Rjay is offline Quote

Old 09-28-2017, 03:40 AM #5
Rjay

@spaventa - sorry, posted that just as you must have posted your pic. Did you give the little nug a good squeeze? I really had to wet the nug and push a lot for it to come out - but seems like I will be calling this guy back.
Rjay is offline Quote

Old 09-28-2017, 03:52 AM #6
Spaventa

Spaventa is a name known to allSpaventa is a name known to allSpaventa is a name known to allSpaventa is a name known to allSpaventa is a name known to allSpaventa is a name known to allSpaventa is a name known to allSpaventa is a name known to allSpaventa is a name known to allSpaventa is a name known to allSpaventa is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rjay View Post
@spaventa - sorry, posted that just as you must have posted your pic. Did you give the little nug a good squeeze? I really had to wet the nug and push a lot for it to come out - but seems like I will be calling this guy back.
yep thats what i did, squeezed it between paper.

I just did another test. I used hot water and rubbed it as well as squeezing and nothing comes out.

this was her in life
Spaventa is offline Quote

6 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-28-2017, 03:57 AM #7
Rjay

@spaventa Looks beautiful - so strange, because of than this, everything else seemed fine, it got me baked when I tried it the first time - I would expect this sort of thing to have been applied to really shitty weed and for the seller to ask for more if they were trying to scam.

Guess the next question would be - how would you get it to look so good, so real, purple in all the right places?
Rjay is offline Quote

Old 09-28-2017, 05:53 AM #8
Rjay

Spoken to my guy and he says I'm bugging out - fairly adamant that this is normal for purple bud. Anyone else add to the conversation? On another forum, where I originally saw the idea of doing the paper towel test, someone replied and said it is entirely possible for purple bud to do this.

Just want to get some good opinion before I push this guy harder to replace the stuff.
Rjay is offline Quote

Old 09-28-2017, 06:03 AM #9
weedaholic721

weedaholic721 is just really niceweedaholic721 is just really niceweedaholic721 is just really niceweedaholic721 is just really niceweedaholic721 is just really niceweedaholic721 is just really niceweedaholic721 is just really niceweedaholic721 is just really niceweedaholic721 is just really nice
RJay it looks some decent bud, if you smoke cannabis regularly, you would be able to tell any adulteration pretty quickly. Purple in buds can range from many hues naturally and that bud you have looks decent.
weedaholic721 is offline Quote

Old 09-28-2017, 06:06 AM #10
Rjay

@weedaholic For me - everything else seems totally fine with it - just want to know if that leakage of colour on the paper towel is something common.
Rjay is offline Quote