What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

farmerlions first greenhouse grow

Claude Hopper

Old Skool Rulz
Veteran
Good luck with the greenhouse. I'm envious!

>Yes it's still killing me to know that the ( Destroyer, Oaxacan, Acapulco, Honduras and many others) are screaming to me from the dark side of the room.

I'm battling the same torturous decision: which ones to plant? I just don't have enough room

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
420giveaway
Claude Hopper, I am making a few changes to the lineup. I'm not impressed with the Jiffy Pots at all. I'm replanting about half of the selection. The Oaxacan is in and up. I'll also cut the number of strains down a few to create more space. It is still to cold to have any girls outside. I wish I would have waited a while longer. Waisted some very good genetics being impatient. I still need about 3 full days to finish greenhouse. Peace

gorilla ganja

Claude Hopper, I am making a few changes to the lineup. I'm not impressed with the Jiffy Pots at all. I'm replanting about half of the selection. The Oaxacan is in and up. I'll also cut the number of strains down a few to create more space. It is still to cold to have any girls outside. I wish I would have waited a while longer. Waisted some very good genetics being impatient. I still need about 3 full days to finish greenhouse. Peace

Jiffy pellets are nothing but trouble for cannabis. Killed a lot of seeds last year giving them a chance. Probably to acidic. never again.
I have seen a coco version, but I have haven't tried them yet.

Peace GG

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
420giveaway
Yes gorilla ganja. There is a definate draw back to using them. I wanted to get started a little earlier and I paid a price. I have the top coverings to put on yet. Them I can move the girls outside full-time. I may plant a few more seeds late to see the difference in maturity. Work has been hectic the last few weeks. Hard to get much done when starting a new project like this. Will put some pictures up this weekend. Peace

Claude Hopper

Old Skool Rulz
Veteran
The small Jiffy's are too small and you have to transplant right away to larger pots. I've used the tomato sized Jiffys for years and they work much better.

I do think they may be too acidic, but seeds generally start well in them for me. Here's a batch with roots ready to bury into larger pots;

picture.php

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
420giveaway
Claude Hopper, My germination rates were fine. The genetics provide that. (Thanks Ace & friends). Once up they stretched crazy wild even under a 600 watt HPS and 3 small LED's. Well with 52 hours of overtime this week I didn't get shit done. I had a few hours today to get some stuff ready for tomorrow. Thankfully I get Monday off. I should be able to get the first layer of covering on and the inflation fan installed. If it goes well I will try for the second layer also. I did cull four plants today. I had them outside while I worked. The plants kept blowing over. The ones that couldn't withstand the wind were pulled. I may replant them again, but it will be in an enclosed greenhouse. Ladies forgive me. HAPPY MOTHERS DAY ! You are appreciated, loved and needed. Thank you. I will update with some pictures tomorrow. I hope you all have a great week. Peace

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
420giveaway
Some of the girls.

Some of the girls.

Group photo of new seedlings re-germinated.
Lilly x MaPettit feminized CBD strain.
Zipolite Oaxacan std.

The new line up consists of (Guawi, Kali China x New Malawi Killer, Mikado 99, Orient Express x NepJam, Peyote Purple, Golden Tiger, Destroyer, Purple Mexican, Queen Mother, Zipolite Oaxacan, Acapulco Gold, Lilly x MaPettit CBD, Zamaldelica x Kali China, NepJam x Kali China, Michoacán Cream).
The weather is starting to warm up and be more consistent. All the girls have been re-germinated that were not culled. I have help this weekend to get the roof covers installed. Then I will install utilities, fans, heater and PLANTS !! Wooweed. Peace Sorry I suck at posting. Syd I'm putting up the bat signal. lol

Holeshot22

Nice line up Farmer. It's very exciting growing new strains.!!I have two Greenhouses like yours myself . I don't grow canna in mine mostly. Veges , herbs and cuttings.Good luck mate.!! I'm thinking Kali China x New Killer will be the pick of the bunch.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
420giveaway
Holeshot22, Yes that one does get the blood pumping in anticipation for sure. I could use two more or a much larger one myself. I will have this one crowded to start with for sure. I'm going to double up the plants in 45 gallon grow bags. I have I think three different kind of bags I'm trying. I just looked at them they are root pouch brand just different colors. Brown and gray. I may have a couple questions for you about greenhouse controls as I run into glitches here and there. Thanks for stopping by. Peace

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
420giveaway
Claude Hopper, The Oaxacan is my memory of years gone by. I'm very excited to reunite with her after 35 years of reflection. I hope she and my memory aren't to far apart. The old saying, The older I get the better I used to be. Peace

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
420giveaway
Top liners are on WOOWEED !!!

Top liners are on WOOWEED !!!

https://www.icmag.com/ic/attachment...ntid=412959&stc=1&d=1495334058=1&d=1495334058

Well, I finally have the coverings on. Thanks to a couple buddies that give me a hand today. I will wait a few days to trim edges. I'm sure it will tighten up a little bit in the sunshine. In the morning I will get the fans and vent installed. I also have to trim the plastic on the rollup side. I will build the support for the Hot Dawg propane furnace in the next week or two. I may start filling grow bags with soil if time permits tomorrow. Really getting excited seeing this project coming together. I could also work on the floor sheeting tomorrow. That shouldn't take to long to get insulated. I will try and get the plants transplanted in the larger containers by the end of the coming week. Peace

Attachments

• 2017 GREENHOUSE 001.jpg
    2017 GREENHOUSE 001.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 18
  • 2017 GREENHOUSE 002.jpg
    2017 GREENHOUSE 002.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 19
  • 2017 GREENHOUSE 003.jpg
    2017 GREENHOUSE 003.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 16
  • 2017 GREENHOUSE 004.jpg
    2017 GREENHOUSE 004.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 22

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
420giveaway
Samuel Caldwell, Thanks for stopping by. I have wanted to change setups for a few years now. The more time I have spent with the Ace genetics. The harder it became to run them indoors just under HPS lights. Don't get me wrong it worked well. But I knew I could do a better job for the plants if I could provide a better environment for them. I will also need the greenhouse experience for a much larger State licensed grow facility. I won't spend a dime of investors money unless I can under sale and over deliver. Have a great week Samuel. Peace

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
420giveaway
Ready to fill grow bags.

Ready to fill grow bags.

I finished assembling the roll up side, I installed the evacuation fan and vent. I have 3/4" ceramic tile I will place on top of the insulation sheeting. That will make sweeping the floor much easier. It is a white tile so it should reflect light pretty well to the under side of leaves. As time permits this week I will start mixing soil and filling the grow bags. Still waiting on a few large bags of worm castings. Also 1 gallon of Alaskan Morbloom fish emulsions to be delivered. Have a great week. This coming weekend I will pick up a 250 gallon water tank and get it set up and filled. Peace

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
420giveaway
Thanks ULMV, Well tomorrow I will pick up the water tank and floor tiles. More good news. I was waiting on two seeds to come up. The Kali China x Malawi is up and has joined the party. Holeshot22 you are right. The more I think about the possibilities of these genetics. I hope Ace brings them out fulltime. I wish I had several more packs of them. These are special, but what at Ace isn't? Thanks dubi Peace

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
420giveaway
Deepwaterdude, Thanks. I picked up the 250 gallon water tank today and some more soils. I also moved the tiles into the greenhouse. They weigh about 10 lbs. each. 1'sq x 3/4" thick of polished white stone. They were recovered from a bank many years ago. I only have enough to do about 1/2 the house. They may end up being walk ways or I have hardwood flooring left over from my place I may repurpose as well. That said I will get that done and all grow bags filled this weekend. I will transplant all plants as well this weekend. I hope all of you have a safe Memorial Day. Special thanks to all men and women who have served their countries. God Bless Peace