What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

GreenSanta's Pollen Chucking Lab

h.h.

Veteran
I appreciate the documentation.
I picked the 4 x 100 watt Vero 29s from Timber. I thought I saw in another post that you were starting to question them or something... I lost the post. Just curious if maybe I should mix in some Cree's.
The instructions are pretty simple, just look for the color coded dots. Mama warned me, maybe I'm blind, maybe they're not there. Looks like they might slide in around the white holder, but which wire where? Thanks.

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
I put the GF x Chem on my last order from BR. I already had a bunch from the BH and Jack lines but I hadn't touched the Chem's really. (Thought I would have more time....)

What would make it a keeper/spectacular for you? Is the effect weird or the flavor off?

G

Gr33nSanta

I put the GF x Chem on my last order from BR. I already had a bunch from the BH and Jack lines but I hadn't touched the Chem's really. (Thought I would have more time....)

What would make it a keeper/spectacular for you? Is the effect weird or the flavor off?
I think out of the 3, 1 stunk, bad like offensive and not pleasant (to me) , 1 had a pleasant smell and good yield and the one I kept was somewhere in between.

I can not remember why, I think I was very busy at the time and mislabeled or meant to rerun #2 and #3 and somehow #2 was gone.

For me what makes a keeper will vary a lot. I am biased towards my own genetics, haha. Unique pleasant smells, resin coverage, effects. The rest I can pretty much work with.

Some plants do not make long term keeper and I only keep in hope of figuring them out or to make seeds with them.

I am growing to love the challenge of figuring out a plant, they are all so different.

I appreciate the documentation.
I picked the 4 x 100 watt Vero 29s from Timber. I thought I saw in another post that you were starting to question them or something... I lost the post. Just curious if maybe I should mix in some Cree's.
The instructions are pretty simple, just look for the color coded dots. Mama warned me, maybe I'm blind, maybe they're not there. Looks like they might slide in around the white holder, but which wire where? Thanks.

I am not sure what post you are talking about, I do not think it was me. I love my Vero 29, I love all my COBs.

I can not tell the difference between the vero and the cree, honestly, I always move plants around and not very good at keeping notes beyond this journal.

Not sure I understand your second question, I do not use the white holders on most of my lights.

Some shitty phone pics, lot of herb came out of that room last night.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/attachment.php?attachmentid=444589&stc=1&d=1517583923

https://www.icmag.com/ic/attachment.php?attachmentid=444590&stc=1&d=1517583923

Here is the Les Fleurs Bleues X THUNK... She's a monster, at day 63, starting to fade but has a long ways to go. It would be nice to take her to day 80..

https://www.icmag.com/ic/attachment.php?attachmentid=444591&stc=1&d=1517583923

https://www.icmag.com/ic/attachment.php?attachmentid=444592&stc=1&d=1517583923

I might not grow her again. I ll see if I can really push her far into flower I want to see if the sweet side of the thunk smell will come out because the one I harvested weeks ago simply has the thunk smell but not in a super good way. Hard to explain.

She 9% THC and 7% CBD but I feel Les Fleurs Bleues has more effects even though thc cbd ratios are reversed.

The yield is there but I do not like to have too many long flowering plants in the garden, them spots are for high THC plants!

h.h.

Veteran
I was referring to this post.
best money for your buds in my opinion, rapidled.com and timbergrowlights.com . Vero29's used to be best bang for your buck, I am not sure anymore, I do not have to stay up to date the lights I bought are good for 10-12 years. Id stay away from ''brand'' names, Id go with the semi DIY companies which are essentially plug and play.
I understand what you were saying now. You have no need to watch the market.
Looking around they may still be the best deal.
I got the wiring figured out and have one set up. I'm very impressed. I thank you again for bringing them to my attention.

G

Gr33nSanta

No Lullaby! Plus I don't plan to order seeds for a long LONG time.

I am making some more too!

So Dark Blue flagged branches are pollinated with the Respect dude

Teal Blue flagged branches pollinated with Strange Brew.

We have Memory Loss, MissJack 1, SpaceBomb and (Les Fleurs Bleues X THUNK) that were pollinated with both.

These are not tutorial vids, simply history in the making HAHA

Making Seeds Part 1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rl8SRK8MhQo&feature=youtu.be

Making Seeds Part 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYW5cCgiev4
I forgot I also pollinated Blue Spoon with the Strange Brew, harvesting some seeds right now, not a lot, but man I am stoked about those, well, not stoked just yet, not until I see what the girls Strange Brew look like, but still super stoked ha!

My Blue Spoon is definitely proving her worthy of my garden, she keeps climbing up the ladder of keepers every round, frosty, FROSTY, STINKY, and a high that resembles drinking too much coffee.

I believe Blue Spoon was Dr.Grinspoon X BlueSage or Blue City Diesel, seeds no longer exist but considering her lineage, I got lucky with her, short flowering time, rarely herms and beautiful bag appeal.

10 dark beautiful seeds is all I could find, will they make history? LOL I am putting them away to dry out like they are the most precious thing in the world today!

G

Gr33nSanta

I want to make a note here in my journal that this is the least spider mites I have had in the garden for about 2 years. I am really starting to figure out them beneficial insects.

One mistake was too many rove beetles, holy shit those were a pain to gently remove from the flowers while trimming. They turned into a pest.

That is because I was over doing it for a while then I noticed how much of a pest they could be as well. They have established themselves and even though I have not introduced any for over 5 weeks now I still see them around. A little bit of them is great, they do fly and so offer good protection for spidermites.

When I get to the point where I can not see them anymore, I would gladly re-intoduce 100 of them but certainly not 100-300 per week!

They slowed my trimming time by 10!

I think for the first time in a long time I ll be able to reduce my order of persimillis next week for at least a week simply because I have a fair amount of plants that will be ready for harvesting 2 to 3 weeks from now.

I found a seed in a drawer, it said on the bag '' (BCD X MissJack) X Dragon Fruit or skylotus, female extremely frosty. I had it in a glass of water for 24 hours and it cracked. Stay tuned for that one.

I have been very busy with life lately, but I am harvesting some fine weed I ll def. post pics with the digital microscope soon but I am still not set up with a good camera.

G

Gr33nSanta

No.

She is my SpaceGrin, space bomb x Dr. Grinspoon, so I think. It s been so long. For sure Spacebomb X Dr.Grinspoon X ? but likely selfed or maybe it is from the original seeds.

I was holding on to her to preserve that Dr. G , I don't think I have any more seeds, it was over 5 years ago that I made the dr.g crosses.

Believe it or not this plant is generally pretty fast like 63 days. There was a couple times she went longer but this room is all coming down on same day so if she doesn't catch up I'll make hash with it all. I can hardly ever move that weed anyway it looks too unusual.

The Dr. G genes are also in my bluespoon and so I think I'm gonna let that silly yielding fast flowering SpaceGrin. ...

The BlueSpoon is fucking insane, she used to hermi once in a while but it hasnt happened in a while. Super stinky and super potent coffee parano type high. She is number 3 on my list of keepers.

Last edited:
G

Gr33nSanta

Day 1 for 3 plants

Les Fleurs Bleues - Me
Blue Spoon - Me
More Cowbell - Bodhi

Probably one of the last More Cowbell I grow, super bag appeal, I am simply not drawn to the black pepper smells, or I have grown it enough anyway.

I do plan to make seeds with my Blue Spoon x (SLK X BH) male, I do not want to lose this line entirely but it's time to move on.

I love that she is super fast.

My super neglected male Elfinstone started growing pistils so I am definitely not going to use that one.

G

Gr33nSanta

Today is day 1 for Barbara and Cuvee #1, both in the same SIP. Both are not looking so hot, in fact, a lot of plants in the veg room are not looking so hot, I thought my plants were getting a little big to be in 1 gallon and so I gave everyone a heavy dose of seaweed and I might have over done. I should never use fertilizer HAHA I do so much better with water only and compost.

Anyway, we'll see if they bounce back.

Also I ll try to upload a few microscopic pics tomorrow, of a few plants I am trimming as they are drying and also seeds I made with them.

Ill be harvesting some special seeds tomorrow. SpaceBomb X Respect and X Strange Brew, also MissJack #1 X Respect and X Strange Brew. So looking forward to all of them.

G

Gr33nSanta

holy shit only 10 seeds for the Spacebomb X Strange Brew, essentially SB X SB, That spacebomb smells so good to me, might be a winner here, but 10 seeds isnt enough for long term storage. Them seeds will be grown this year, all of them.

G

Gr33nSanta

25 seeds for the Spacebomb X Respect, I am sure I will find jewels in here, respect has the potential to be the oiliest plant and spacebomb the best smelling plant with nice resin coverage, I would venture to say this cross will take over my garden. I am sure I will find an absolutely phenomenal female.

Ncali

Veteran
I definitely do not dig the 1 gal pots, G.Santa. They work well for managing the size of the crazy sativas I have right now, but watering is a mess. I'm going back to 3gal minimum for sure!! I think the 1gal with soil are just so at risk of drying out and damaging the microspehere, especially since I don't run autowater contraptions like bluemat or sip. I think I'll invest my time and resources in a watering solutioln soon though. Seems silly to work to get a good microbe group growing then fuck it all up with watering issues hahaha

I enjoy the bodhi grows, have some SSDD & granola funk on deck. How does that guy have everything just turn out fire? Even the stuff that doesn't look like fire at harvest... 2-3mo cure and bam! Instant classic lol. I can understanding not liking something like what you described, happens. I'm throwing $$ on some of his Afghan lines and his terpy gear...

Keep it green GS!

:tiphat:

NC

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
I've ruined a couple plants in the past by going overboard with the seaweed/kelp. Learned my lesson on that one, haha....

Based on the videos I would've guessed more than 10 seeds. What do you think happened? Branch site selection? Tricky pollen?

G

Gr33nSanta

I've ruined a couple plants in the past by going overboard with the seaweed/kelp. Learned my lesson on that one, haha....

Based on the videos I would've guessed more than 10 seeds. What do you think happened? Branch site selection? Tricky pollen?

yeah me too, I might have sprayed water on it right away accidentally. I was really careful not to makes seeds in all the buds so there was actually very little pollen on the q-tips.

I got more beans on the branches pollinated with the respect, about 25 per flowers.

For me it does not matter, Id be happy with one seed.

I like to think of myself as an artist, a painter, I will only make large amounts of seed once I feel I have a finished painting. That could be never, I am fine with that.

Subcool started his company with packs of 10 seeds, nothing wrong with only 10 seeds if they are all fire, in some ways it makes them more special to me. Bluespoon X Strange Brew (20+beans at least) and the SpaceBomb X Strange Brew (10 beans) will yield great phenos, great new colors to brush on my messy looking canvas.

G

Gr33nSanta

I definitely do not dig the 1 gal pots, G.Santa. They work well for managing the size of the crazy sativas I have right now, but watering is a mess. I'm going back to 3gal minimum for sure!! I think the 1gal with soil are just so at risk of drying out and damaging the microspehere, especially since I don't run autowater contraptions like bluemat or sip. I think I'll invest my time and resources in a watering solutioln soon though. Seems silly to work to get a good microbe group growing then fuck it all up with watering issues hahaha

I enjoy the bodhi grows, have some SSDD & granola funk on deck. How does that guy have everything just turn out fire? Even the stuff that doesn't look like fire at harvest... 2-3mo cure and bam! Instant classic lol. I can understanding not liking something like what you described, happens. I'm throwing $$ on some of his Afghan lines and his terpy gear...

Keep it green GS!

:tiphat:

NC
As long as the plants are alive, there is enough moisture for a lot of microbes to survive and repopulate every watering, I wouldnt worry so much about it. Keep your plants alive and the life in the soil will follow, or vice versa !

once a week, when I get the bugs, before I apply them, I take all the 1 gallon pots out of the veg room into a sink and I saturate them.

Then depending on plant size and relative humidity, I might give them a splash of water here and there to tie them over to the next week saturation session or I might do flood and not drain (each shoe tray holds about 10 x 1 gallon pots)

I think I might have been overwatering lately though... but this works, I have been doing it for months.

G

Gr33nSanta

Day 1 for CBC one, Also, I transplanted a bunch of clones to 1 gal pots, most of them will go in the upcoming run in Jackie's room. I think we are looking at 10-14 days from now. I am eager to harvest Jackie's, so many gaps.

I am letting go of ThunkFlow, I will most definitely grow the seeds I made with her but her ratio of CBD THC is close to 1:1, long flowering time, and unusual bag appeal (very hairy) her mother is still queen of the garden so time to let her go but she will live through her progeny.

I harvested a Memory Loss that was moved to the flower room on Dec 11th. I could see a wee baby bit of mold starting in the colas, it won't affect the yield much, she was full of nice medium sized nugs and had faded nicely. Gonna be some good weed I think.

I have a lot of friends that really love Memory Loss, I am not sure if it is biased from the name, maybe they like the name, haha, no seriously it really induce Memory Loss. Good shit, still my #2.

G

Gr33nSanta

So I just chopped the other ThunkFlow, no point waiting super long, since she is high CBD, I know she would test at roughly 7%CBD and 9%THC as is.

I am really thorn to let her go for real, I know I said in my previous post I was letting go of her, but man the yield is really up there and she is loud as fuck.

My partner does like the smell, she says she gets some of the blueberry from the Les Fleurs Bleues, I do not get it at all, I get mostly Thunk. She does not know what the Thunk smelled like.

Anyway, she could very well be the very biggest plant I have ever harvested, or a close second to the Blue Spoon I harvested on Halloween, I feel she is not my girl.

My guess is that she will weigh in at 11-16 ounces. A record for me.

However, IMO, she is no where near as good as Les Fleurs Bleues in the the aromas department.

I have to get over myself, not everything I am going to create is going to be good, I have to be at peace with killing moms that I thought were special but are not.

I ll let her go, but will def grow any seeds I find in her.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Latest posts

Latest posts