What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hail Hydra!

Mitsuharu

White Window
Veteran
420giveaway
Maybe there is too much salt from the feeding in the soil which cannot be processed by the plants with only 50w light...

Best way to save your plants is transplanting them into fresh light soil like seed mix.

50w LED flood light, seemed like the right spectrum and bright enough to grow weed so i got it in the true fashion of being cheap like i've always done. ghetto grow forever. 15 bucks. cant beat that.
But you also should check how energy efficient this 50w light is... so the question remains how long it's going to be cheap when you pay more for electricity. ;) You got to have enough lumens for your plants, so do you know how much this light delivers?

PoweredByLove

Most Loved
Maybe there is too much salt from the feeding in the soil which cannot be processed by the plants with only 50w light...

Best way to save your plants is transplanting them into fresh light soil like seed mix.

But you also should check how energy efficient this 50w light is... so the question remains how long it's going to be cheap when you pay more for electricity. ;) You got to have enough lumens for your plants, so do you know how much this light delivers?
It is a 50w LED flood light, like you use in your backyard at night. i believe actual power draw was like 15w i didn't measure i'm just going by what the amazon reviews said. at any rate it wasn't salt build up, it was too much light for a 2x2 tent that is only 3 feet tall.
20221225_130828.jpg

this is the same light in my 4x2 5 foot tall tent growing most of those same plants in the picture you're replying to. LED lights cause plants to grow a little faster than HPS so they were getting deficiencies. a little extra magnesium fixes that up. tell your friends who may be having issues with LED.

71oxhYKEWDL._AC_SX342_.jpg

there are 2 of these and one 40w shoplight in that tent.

goingrey

It is a 50w LED flood light, like you use in your backyard at night. i believe actual power draw was like 15w i didn't measure i'm just going by what the amazon reviews said. at any rate it wasn't salt build up, it was too much light for a 2x2 tent that is only 3 feet tall. View attachment 18831539
this is the same light in my 4x2 5 foot tall tent growing most of those same plants in the picture you're replying to. LED lights cause plants to grow a little faster than HPS so they were getting deficiencies. a little extra magnesium fixes that up. tell your friends who may be having issues with LED.

View attachment 18831540

there are 2 of these and one 40w shoplight in that tent.
Pretty sure 50W is the actual power draw on these. Plants are looking good!

PoweredByLove

Most Loved
Where was i... oh yeah them LED lights killing off my babies with their intense mega beams.

i didn't know at the time what the problem was. so i decided to go back to what i know. so i put my plants back in my bathtub in the second bathroom and threw them under a 40w shoplight like we used to do back in the day.
after a couple days we notice improvement.
20220517_013039.jpg 20220517_014400.jpg
20220517_014502.jpg

a plant. with fried leaves bouncing back.

Attachments

• 20220517_014511.jpg
    20220517_014511.jpg
    858 KB · Views: 22

PoweredByLove

Most Loved
Harvested those plants from the flower tent and put some of my bathtub plants in the tent and put em on 18/6 to get bigger.

20220517_175135.jpg

be me trying to get a decent picture of this almost black purple ass weed.

20220517_180230.jpg

rainy daze highly sativa dominant. gets purple by the end of flower. almost black.

20220518_134845.jpg

this is (NEW AGE HIPSTER WEED) on the left side and on the right is the WhiteBerryKush (Lil Weezy)

20220518_134913.jpg

im sure this is the same as the last picture just rotated 180. WBK left side bagseed (NEW AGE HIPSTER WEED) on the right.
the bagseed which may have been mac1/purplepunch/weddingcake was very frosty. prolly the most frost covered specimen i've grown or at least top 5. but...it's all leaves all the way down. must be based on hashplant or just bad pheno. has a light fruity kind of undefinable smell, decent enough middle of the road high. not too down and not too up. just middle daytime weed. like i said very frosty, but nothing for buds.
this was summer by the end of this grow so i decided to put those LED's in my flower tent and use that because HPS = lots of heat.

stay tuned.

PoweredByLove

Most Loved
been a while. ups, downs, some side to side. cant find my pics right now but i'll be back in less than a year.

20230813_192654.jpg

in the meantime heres one picture...

i didn't say it would be a good one lol

PoweredByLove

Most Loved
im not sure i have those pics any more so moving on...i really shoulda wrote this down while it was happening... gotta remember what happened next cuz according to what i wrote last time i was switching to LED for the summer...but i was sure i grew those plants under the LED ...

View media item 18716521
Still dicking around with adding pictures to my album then putting them here since I just found a lot of my pics only exist in the thread I uploaded them in.

Not sure what plant this is right now but it's under an LED and it's flowering so this is probably one of them.

Last edited:

PoweredByLove

Most Loved
ill come back to that one... i found my pics. back to where i was. i read over the last few pages and i realize i suck at keeping notes... so rainy daze was fog#2xmf1k and the louise which i think i kept thinking might be weezy was really wbk#2xbsk#6. i prolly need to go back a few more to remember what those plants in that tent are but im assuming its what i been growing last ... so let's see in the tub if I'm not mistaken I had 1 clone of rainy, 2 sweet 16 beta seeds, and in the tent I had 2 chi town and another rainy and something else.
View media item 18714593Plants in the tub names subject to change as I remember. Looking like trash from being burned or starved or something under the led.

View media item 18714595
View media item 18714594My raggedy rainy daze clone. Ugly but it gets the job done.

View media item 18714599In the flower tent I think I had some seeds from a Gelato bag and rainy in the corner.

View media item 18714598This one I liked

View media item 18714600
View media item 18714601This is pics from sweet 16 beta #2 too dominant in kush type. I didn't keep it.

PoweredByLove

Most Loved
ok so i dont remember how much longer this is...lets pretend its a week.

View media item 18716739whole shot of tent. the rainy daze and the other plants are harvested.

View media item 18716740bagseed from what im sure was supposed to be gelato 33

View media item 18716741I think this is my sweet16beta#1 pink pistils
View media item 18716742chitown #1
View media item 18716743new age hipster bagseed.
its summer and its hot now so im sure i switched to LED for my led test grow. i believe i had finally figured out why the plants were burning up in the small tent and i was ready to rock those LED's.

PoweredByLove

Most Loved
this editor kinda sucks. i added a bunch of pictures and wrote some text....accidentally touched one of the pictures and went to my gallery. hit back and now evertything i just put in there is all gone.

le sigh...

View media item 18716756
View media item 18716757
View media item 18716760
View media item 18716761gelato bagseed. the one i popped first. got 3 more that may or may not have been from the same set of seeds. but at any rate by the time i harvested this one i was sick of that mint julep smell and taste. ended up ditching all of those.

View media item 18716762wbk offspring of some kind. not sure which cross. enough kush plants for a while. not a bad line but im looking for some sativas right now and im looking for the blueberry leaning plants from those crosses not the kush part.

View media item 18716763
View media item 18716764 chitownf1 #1 not sure which seed i dropped so im not really doing much working with this one. but all my friends like it and it smells like sour and chemical smells ammonia/ bleach. but this pheno is kinda leafy when done. maybe i could train better. all the plants in the tent kinda suffering dont have time to look after em like i should and its almost summer at this point i think. hot and overfed.

Last edited:

PoweredByLove

Most Loved