What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

the questions about CMEP-OL oil less explosion proof recovery pump

prune

Veteran
1680 for 32 units. 60 day lead time. Then $2500 for shipping/importing. Not the biggest money maker as far as selling equipment goes.

And for all the people who think that is still killing it, $3200 retail would be well below standard business markup.

snake11

Everyone I know successfully returned their tainted pane and blend for a full refund. They even mailed one guy a tank of isobutane for free as he could not mail back the blend. They have been taking care of the customers the best they legally can.

I've distilled 7 of their 50# n butane tanks and the shit is super clean. I have lots of friends that report the same.

I'd go to ecogreen personally because I drive up there, pay cash, use an alias, and maybe get a deal on multiple pumps as they already hooked me up with the pallet price on tanks when I bought way less than a pallet. They've done nothing but hook me up and have been extremely fair to me and everyone I know.

There are plenty of people that did not get taken care of. Lots of oil lost too. Ecogreen continued to sell the tainted gas after they knew of the problem. If you want to give your money to someone like that because it's easiest that's fine. Id rather see jcoltrane get the business for gas. He's an active member of our community.

Last edited:

Sunfire

Veteran
There are plenty of people that did not get taken care of. Lots of oil lost too. Ecogreen continued to sell the tainted gas after they knew of the problem. If you want to give your money to someone like that because it's easiest that's fine. Id rather see jcoltrane get the business for gas. He's an active member of our community.

I completely agree, I would shop locally. Jc can't ship out thougu, hydrosun was working on doing that but I havnt seen him on the forums in a while.

Most people that didn't get taken care of had larger orders and we're too far away as you can't legally ship them back as a private individual.

Your right they did keep selling the gas after WE knew it was tainted but after they found out they stopped selling it and I know it was being cleaned with mol. Sieve and used with inside circles.

It's not just an easy option for me, their ntane is extremely clean, why does everyone keep missing this point? It's extremely higher quality that canned crap. Idc if I have to make a deal with the devil to get better product, but I'm saying they are no more evil than any other typical business in the states.

This fucked society we live in is based off of capitalism. So yeah, if i can pay cash for two pumps, get a good discount, and remain anonymous, I'm all for it!

Sunfire

Veteran
And for all the people who think that is still killing it, $3200 retail would be well below standard business markup.

No that sounds about right to me. Typical markup is about 100% which means msrp is usually twice what the sellers cost was for the product.

That's usually with smaller businesses though as the larger ones, especially in the herb industry, do 200% or even more! LIKE advanced nutrients, trimming machines, kief tumblers and things like such.

3.2k retail I think is fair, but that's not really a blow out price but everyone needs to hold fast to that ticket so there's no competition among venders but I bet that will happen soon anyways if all of a sudden there is a huge demand for these pumps.

Now the warranty service is a great idea! Will there be an added cost for that? Too bad your down in LA RHH, the warranty alone would Mae me want to buy from you.

I completely agree, I would shop locally. Jc can't ship out thougu, hydrosun was working on doing that but I havnt seen him on the forums in a while.

Most people that didn't get taken care of had larger orders and we're too far away as you can't legally ship them back as a private individual.

Your right they did keep selling the gas after WE knew it was tainted but after they found out they stopped selling it and I know it was being cleaned with mol. Sieve and used with inside circles.

It's not just an easy option for me, their ntane is extremely clean, why does everyone keep missing this point? It's extremely higher quality that canned crap. Idc if I have to make a deal with the devil to get better product, but I'm saying they are no more evil than any other typical business in the states.

This fucked society we live in is based off of capitalism. So yeah, if i can pay cash for two pumps, get a good discount, and remain anonymous, I'm all for it!

Ecogreen could have contacted everyone who bought bad gas and refunded them without the tanks being shipped back. Customer service could have happened if they wanted it to.

If a buyer had to drive it back to get a refund, the buyer deserved gas money and getting paid for their time. It is situations like this that makes lifetime customers or makes a community ignore you as a vendor.

Glad to hear the butane has been clean.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Jc can't ship out thougu, hydrosun was working on doing that but I havnt seen him on the forums in a while.

My understanding is that Hydrosun got sidetracked with personal business, at least a part of which involves a female. I infer we will hear from him once he's done.

Sunfire

Veteran
Ecogreen could have contacted everyone who bought bad gas and refunded them without the tanks being shipped back. Customer service could have happened if they wanted it to.

If a buyer had to drive it back to get a refund, the buyer deserved gas money and getting paid for their time. It is situations like this that makes lifetime customers or makes a community ignore you as a vendor.

Glad to hear the butane has been clean.

I agree that would have been proper business.

The extraction game is still shaky grounds on the forefront as all these new businesses and products are trying to hop on the wagon. The cmepol will most certainly have more issues to work out and the gas suppliers will have more customer relations to work out as well. This will all be a slow process though as Rome was not built overnight.

As individuals we can only make the best decisions for ourselves. Safety should be the highest priority and drive up anonymous cash sales is my main appeal to ecogreen. As I said I know I may be making deals with the devil, but I've also said I don't think they're any more evil than your typical American capitalist business.

There's a reason I'm waiting on buying a cmepol, I hope it will only get better, as well as another company putting out a similar pump as gw has mentioned in the recovery pump thread. Competition is good for us and maybe ecogreen will have some soon as well?

Sunfire

Veteran
My understanding is that Hydrosun got sidetracked with personal business, at least a part of which involves a female. I infer we will hear from him once he's done.

Lol hopefully for him he won't be "done." I pray he just finds himself with more free time after a few months of being bed ridden hehehhe!

6 months to turn money with 100% markup is normal with most US retail markets. Big box retailers have forced the markups down to around 60% for many product categories. It sounds like your numbers are in line.

Sunfire

Veteran
So ecogreen is in fact selling the pumps for 2800$ sean ordered 160 to be able to pass on a deal to the customers. Apparently there was dispute about the supplier wanting to price fix the product which is illegal in america. The first 60 come in any day and I believe are all already bought but may not hurt to call and ask.

A6 Grower

Veteran
. Apparently there was dispute about the supplier wanting to price fix the product which is illegal in america.

Advanced nutrients pulled their products from my local garden supply center(not a grow store but the oldest garden supply place in town) because they were selling them for cheaper then MSRP and the grow stores were complaining. Advanced nutes wasn't a money maker for them and they didn't care they didn't make much on it they just thought it was overpriced and were passing the savings on to their customers. I tell everyone this story and will never buy anything from that company again. Its shitty anyway lol

Sunfire

Veteran
Omg don't get me started on advanced, that's the most insane case of taking advantage of a niche market ever! I don't buy anything from grow shops anymore except.organic pesticides. Mostly everything is overpriced and equipment you can find for cheaper in other professions.

There is something to say for the smaller shops that can't afford to male larger purchases in order to sell the inventory for cheaper. The rich get richer with capitalism unfortunately.

Latest posts

Latest posts