What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Snype’s Various Guides For New Growers!

greenhaireskimo

Question Snype

Question Snype

snype
i'vs looked at your info but im still a little lost i have c-99 flowering and has been for about three weeks now but no buds are forming. I have white hairs forming at the ends of branches. i have been told that most buds start forming after two week but as i've said i've got white hairs one set of white hairs have turned red ..... but other then that one set of red hairs on the branches all the rest are white . Is this the stage right before it starts to bud can add pics if u need to see
p.s. idk if its a male or female

greenhaireskimo

Dreaded thank you

Dreaded thank you

Thank you i thought it was female but i wasnt sure so could you tell me how long after the white hairs form before the plant starts buding do you have any ideas ??

dreaded

every plant is different... as long as you know you have a female.... patience my friend....
pics are always good...

greenhaireskimo

i'm a month in the flowering stage with c99 plant and i still dnt have any buds forming thats 30 day when they say the flowering stage is 50 to 60 day on a c99 so when do the buds start to form

fatsack79

Post a pic or three up greenhaireskimo... Include ur details like ur nute/food regime/schedule, the kinda light u use and r u on 12/12, what kind of medium are u using etc etc etc... I'm absolutely sure if you're detailed and honest about ur grow, u will find ur answers here... -F.S

packerfan79

Veteran
Hey snype, long time lurker. I'm very impressed with your skills. I'm running gh 6 and 9. I'm in coco, I know you are a rdwc guy but I was hoping you could help me with some questions about gh. I ran 6 and 9 with 2ml per gallon of koolblooms .I started this with my last round, I got amazing quality and .9 grams per watt, which is huge for me. My question is when would you suggest I drop my micro?I've read that you want to start dropping the micro around week 5, seems a little early. I kept micro till a week before harvest. Should I cut the micro completely or partially

Completly awesome thread

Completly awesome thread

Brilliant thread for the fledgling horticulturist.
Just finishing putting the sheebang together, need to study the nutes and start to monitor the ph of my water, looking to find the elusive consistant patterns of spring temperatures and water knowledge, should i be looking for a maximum veg time, im reading shorter veg, longer flower (not that im anywhere near that stage as yet)?
With regards water quality, should it be R.O. water, Distilled water or just P.H. treated tap water? I live in a very hard water area so im opting for hard water nutes.
Any input welcomed and thanx in advance.
Georgyporgy

Snype

Veteran
Hey snype, long time lurker. I'm very impressed with your skills. I'm running gh 6 and 9. I'm in coco, I know you are a rdwc guy but I was hoping you could help me with some questions about gh. I ran 6 and 9 with 2ml per gallon of koolblooms .I started this with my last round, I got amazing quality and .9 grams per watt, which is huge for me. My question is when would you suggest I drop my micro?I've read that you want to start dropping the micro around week 5, seems a little early. I kept micro till a week before harvest. Should I cut the micro completely or partially

Sorry it took me a while to respond. I cut out the Kool Bloom and run 1 part Micro to 1.5 Bloom in Veg and 1 part Micro to 2 parts Bloom in Flower. So 6/9 falls in the 1 to 1.5 part category and with your added Kool Bloom, it goes similar to the 1 to 2 part.

As far as when to cut out the Micro, it depends on so many factors. You will have a better idea of looking at your plants. Strain, pot size, amount of light and many other environmental factors are going to determine when to cut out the Micro. It could be a week before flower to weeks before flower deepening on too many variables to consider.

Brilliant thread for the fledgling horticulturist.
Just finishing putting the sheebang together, need to study the nutes and start to monitor the ph of my water, looking to find the elusive consistant patterns of spring temperatures and water knowledge, should i be looking for a maximum veg time, im reading shorter veg, longer flower (not that im anywhere near that stage as yet)?
With regards water quality, should it be R.O. water, Distilled water or just P.H. treated tap water? I live in a very hard water area so im opting for hard water nutes.
Any input welcomed and thanx in advance.
Georgyporgy

I don't use RO water. If your tap water is past 200 PPM, I'd use a mix of RO to tap to bring the PPM down to reasonable levels. Maybe 100 PPM if possible. Your other questions are too vague to answer without giving proper details.

Goldberry

Thanks for compiling this, Snype. You do your kingdom a great service and should be knighted. I'm not sure who's in charge of that around here. *screams for guards* Reward this human! No, not arrest... reward.

Fo reals, thank you muchly. I'll have to spend some time submerging my brain in a number of these threads.

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
i miss this nutjob - wonderful knowledge & resources he left behind
thanks @gypsynirvana fer leaving his posts up