What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

pH Meter or Strips?

Rezahannan

Though we all are informed about our limited water resources, sometimes we are not using it properly. Our most important natural resource, water is often overlooked when it comes to recycling and preservation. Doing such types of practices effecting our environment too. The plastic bottles used to package and distribute drinking water are clogging our landfills and crating more waste than the planet is equipped to handle.

brown_thumb

I'm a noob so take what I write with a grain of salt.

As I age and become grumpier and lazier, I'm simplifying. These days, I dislike fiddlesome gadgets. I bought a Ph meter and only used it twice before stowing it in a drawer and buying litmus paper. It seems to be working well enough.

Clean... calibrate... clean... dry... every... time... fiddlesome!!:no:

Or... dip litmus and check color. That's better (for me).:yes:

EDIT: I just noticed this is a very old thread. Sorry...:whiteflag:

MrBungle

Image didnt work... I prefer the pH indiactor drops
ph-test-indicator-lg.jpg

MrBungle

Seems that is a fluid level switch.. it would be good for a res level indicator in an automated system... I don't think it will help you determine the pH of your solution though