What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

PNW Trip and Job Search, California to Oregon

mack 10

Veteran
Good luck, now get your nose down and do some mooching about.
Hope you find what your looking for,

In fact i would love to do something similar.

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Good luck man, keep us posted. I think you're pretty much going to be living the dream of at least half the people on this board. :yes:

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
good luck ..theres a lot of competition from people already here...don't expect much but don't be discouraged either...either way the scenery is awesome and the weather nice.have fun..yeehaw

If all else fails all you have to do is stand on the side of the road like a hitchhiker with a pair of fiskars in your hand.

Any major grow town. Stand by the freeway onramp. Beware of tweakers: anyone who looks like the living dead; zombie

Last edited:

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
go big,, get a pair of them scissors they use for ribbon cutting ceremonies...think big....yeehaw

I've definitely met quite a few guys from SA that come up and do what you are planning to do then go back home with 10 grand and good memories.

With the way my season is going I'm probably going to have to do the trim-hitch-hiker thing this year myself to get back on my feet after being screwed over so hard by local ordinances. Good luck. Where there is a will there is a way.

oc_grower

I might be able to employ your expertise. Should have some decent outdoor crops coming in at that time, as well as some indoor.

Firepusher

REALPOTency,
Si viene por Oregon, por favor habla conmigo cuando piensa que llega. Tengo lugar y en unos meses arreglare un grow de rec si recibira un license. Si no recibo, ya tengo lugar en Portland con familia y amigos que pueden ayudarse.

Ciao

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
having been all over both and living in ca... I can say have fun but theres 1000s just like you...nor cal and Oregon are beautifull....so cal has the best weather....yeehaw...Oregon is way cheaper to live so consider southern Oregon....I make a yearly trip up the sierras and into Oregon ,than the coast route back to so cal....

Abja Roots

ABF(Always Be Flowering) - Founder
Veteran
Parece que vas a tener un viaje muy interestante. Mandame un mensaje cuando estas de viaje. Yo estare entre el norte de california y Oregon. Es bien posible conocer lo que esta pasando y conseguir trabajo si lo estas buscando. Te puedo dar recomendaciones de cuales eventos valen la pena y cuales no.

De que parte eres?

ogdizzle

Yo we have a beautiful setup on Coastal Oregon in Hebo, with a morganic permaculture style garden for food. Greenhouses, outdoirs and indoors. We work very hard be warned but we eat well and smoke even better. What we can offer to teach just a short list, composting, making active aerrated teas, preparing beds an soils, permaculture design (we really go for hand cratfed), crop rotation, companion planting, soil health, organic pest and disease control...etc. Message if you are in Portland, we're all from around different parts of the world on the farm, we love to meet a range of folks.

mfdoo0mm

Yo we have a beautiful setup on Coastal Oregon in Hebo, with a morganic permaculture style garden for food. Greenhouses, outdoirs and indoors. We work very hard be warned but we eat well and smoke even better. What we can offer to teach just a short list, composting, making active aerrated teas, preparing beds an soils, permaculture design (we really go for hand cratfed), crop rotation, companion planting, soil health, organic pest and disease control...etc. Message if you are in Portland, we're all from around different parts of the world on the farm, we love to meet a range of folks.

I WOULD LOVE TO JUST TO A WALKTHROUGH

:D

That sounds amazing thats like my dream. I would pay to do an extended workshop if I ever had the time which I probably wont. I dont even know where to start here on my property here with all that...in time...

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
why not make and sell led units...hell I would buy one if they weren't so overpriced.....yeehaw

Last edited:

St. Phatty

my not make and sell led units...hell I would buy one if they weren't so overpriced.....yeehaw

I use $2 Walmart soft white LED bulbs to keep plants on 'standby veg' when there's not enough room under the 150 MH.

As the weather gets warmer, I'll be turning off all the HID's and doing only $2 LED bulbs. Like 10 of them, to keep a few clones going.

We'll see how that goes - will the plants say - what was that word again ...