What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Getting the ball rolling

S

spliphy

Amsterdam's coffeeshops provide an excellent venue for a vacation. At this time, I would not even consider going to Colorado as it sounds rather restrictive from what i have heard.

Anyway, as many others, i have enjoyed vacationing in the Nederlands with its shops many times. One reason I have always told myself was to sample various varieties to determine whether to grow them for myself when I get home. This has not really worked out for me very well since I tend to get bored fast with anything but a good Haze. Hazes just work for me and my symptoms. So I will list coffeeshops that have consistently stocked good Hazes for others who have the same predilection as mine.

1. Katsu. Consistent offerings of superior Hazes. Starting back in the late '90's with their Nevil's, Katsu usually stocks at least one quality Haze.

2. City Hall. This shop is next door to the original Greenhouse Coffeeshop just off of Damstraat. Over the last few years they have had 5 Hazes on offer all for 11e. The Mango was really good here 6 months ago. The NL5 x Haze was a miss though for me.

3. Paradox. As with many shops they have carried a SSH for a long time and it is a good representation of the strain. I usually go for at least a gram whenever I am in town.

It is almost time to return to my favorite city and return with fresh reports of the good, bad, and ugly.:dance013:

S

spliphy

July 2015 report

July 2015 report

Dampkring, for me, offered the best herb this time around. I don't go for the hash for the simple reason that I like to see what I am getting. I am not dissing hash, as some no doubt, can be excellent.

Herb is what I grow and like to compare other folk's versions. I have always liked Haze based strains as they don't knock me out in the middle of the day. Yes, sometimes they can be very trippy, so starting out with a few tokes is a good policy. Some would also say that Sativas and Haze have a learning curve to them and are best enjoyed after some experience with them.

Last edited:
S

spliphy

specifics

specifics

The Nevil's haze from Dampkring was outstanding in both the phenotype's profile and the actual quality of the product. It didn't take much to achieve a blissful state and the high was long-lasting. So, at 14.5e/gram, offered a better value than other and higher priced herb.

The Dr. Grinspoon from Amnesia was good also but I found the batches a bit uneven and the price at 17e, excessive. The samples of NH at Dampkring (multiple purchases all proved consistent).

H.lister06

Help. I'm new to this site and not sure how to post a question correctly. My sister in law has been diagnosed with bone cancer she lives in Copenhagen, her doctor has told her to find medical grade cannabis oil containing THC, Rick Simpson oil. But all my research has led me to dead ends.. I realise it illegal in most countries, does anyone have any information on where I could possible get it for her. Many thanks Desperate...��

heisenberg19

hey im new here
im from Israel.
ive been to amsrerdam 2 months ago and i can confirm that the best coffeeshop is Katsu.
it was next to my hotel, not in the center.
it looks like a local coffeeshop, away from the tourist area.
great environment, relaxing, good music & vibes.
i will definetley will back there again

weedtoker

Veteran
Hello there, I've been in adam only once and found the import hash's more to my liking/more consistent in objective quality, but I'm also very fond of hazes and nice flowers. What's the best place for haze's and nld's in general to this date, in your opinion that were not bounced/overferted/wet/etc? Have to go twice trough AMS next year, so might as well try to find me some nice smoke, with the help of more knowledgeable folks, if possible :biggrin:

cheers

haze*ekiel420

Hey guys.

Sorry if it Sounds like Advertising Bit it was Really just THAT Great..

This thusday 27.3 i was granted Access to a smoke Session from Amsterdam Genetics. Taking Place this Time in the coffeeshop Amsterdam ( the old dampring)

Photos showing the host, Tony the THCOMMELIER
And the tested goods

Himalaya kush
Amnesia g13
24k banana kush
Silverback Block hash

Atmosphere was super nice. We had an area on the First Floor. Bench and Tables Really Cozy.
They had Bongs papers grinders vaporizer. So They took Care of everything concerning Stash and equippement.

They were serving Drinks regullary, Top Service.

For my Taste i liked the himalayan kush the most.
Really Sweet, fruity little hazy ---- good medium Hybrid high

2. The g13 amnesia.. i like the amnesia Good. Definitly Note indica Touch with the g13. Amnesia taste with little herbal touch-- Strong high

3. Silverback Block hash.. super Nice, oily but Not Too sticky. Nice hazy smell and no devastating couch lock..

4. 24k bananana kush.. i dont Really like the kushy strains.. just to much Herb Taste for me, But with some creativity the bananana is there.. Strong high nevertheless..

Tony is a super nice guy. Due to some People Not Coming we was only 5 guys. 1 Left pretty Early After seeing 1 of the englisch guys ripping an insaneeeeee Bong Head.. Maybe he thought he had to do it too...

Tony announced at the beginning thats he will destroy us and that he did.. crazy Massaker ans high spirits..

Communication was excellent.. each Time i had enough, it was perfectly accepted an i was Left out of the round..

So i van recommend this to everyone.. So crazy Good Customer Service i am still stunned.

Great Job Tony
Great Job Amsterdam Genetics

Thank u so much!! Felix

Attachments

• 20180327_151739.jpg
    20180327_151739.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 92
  • 20180327_154924.jpg
    20180327_154924.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 90
  • 20180327_161035.jpg
    20180327_161035.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 87

HeadEG

Not so far for me but way to expensive and mine is better they all say :) and cheaper ;) i mean 18 euro for 1 gr Rolex og! They must make a fortune out of those shops...my buddy took me last month to Adam for my birthday and it was a Great day yeah! One to remember! I Always drop by in Greenplace! I like the kushes from them!
New to me was coffeeshop central. Good nycd for 10 euro’s a gr.! But you cant smoke inside so thats pitty... kadinski was new to me! Chill music! Nice staff and overpriced to the max..! Next up is Barcelona! Beter hold my visa and MasterCard
Close!