What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Nepal Jam

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
Yes it is. From female seeds. I'd guess ES is good gainst mold too. Anyways, I'm sure it'll be good.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Grandad said:
Hi there. I have Nep Jam on the go along with some other strains.

I've read elsewhere that NJ doesn't take too much nutes. I'm giving everything a good feed tomorrow- anyone got experience of bio bizz/ guano ferts and Nep Jam?

Also- i will be crossing this with various types. do you think this would mix well with Early Pearl (i.e. improve suitability for northern latitudes)?

Good day Grandad,

Nepalese Jam is not a sensible N plant. Other ace strains like Orient Express, Panama love real high N levels, Nepalese Jam needs less N but would be hard to overfeed her with 'normal' feeding.

Bio bizz products are indeed lovely organic fertilizers, NPK levels are not very strong so it's hard to overfeed working with them (at least, if your soil/guano mix is not very very strong). Bio Bizz fertilizers make your plants produce lovely taste and great terpene quality.

New Nepalese Jam you are growing is a backcrossed nepalese line and should react quite uniform when outcrossed to other inbred lines.

I hope it helps. dubi

Bacchus

Throbbing Member
Veteran
Love the look of these plants so far. Thick stems, long internodes, 2x stretch. How long will the NepJams take to flower?

I

Iron_Lion

Dubi, I've got to ask, is there anything special that NJ likes in its environment? I've got a few NJs at 28 days old and theyre barely 5-6cms tall. I just cant get these things to grow, are they extremmely sensitive to pH or nutrients? i've got lots of light, good soil and good temps, I just cant figure it out. My pH might have been slightly out of whack but I cant imagine that alone would slow growth up this much. I really wanted to throw them into 12/12 at 30 days but it looks like they will be vegging to 5-6 weeks minimum.

Grandad

Hi Iron Lion. I found the Nep Jam more sensitive than most to PH.

The PH of my water here is high (around 7.5) - it always has been but I only discovered this recently when problems manifesting in my Neps forced me to address it. These problems only manifested slightly at later stages with other varieties, if at all.

With Nep Jam I got crinkled bronze patches spreading up from the bottom. At least it forced me to sort the problem! I got ph down and monitor my PH carefully and they've been fast growers since then.

I

Iron_Lion

Grandad said:
Hi Iron Lion. I found the Nep Jam more sensitive than most to PH.

The PH of my water here is high (around 7.5) - it always has been but I only discovered this recently when problems manifesting in my Neps forced me to address it. These problems only manifested slightly at later stages with other varieties, if at all.

With Nep Jam I got crinkled bronze patches spreading up from the bottom. At least it forced me to sort the problem! I got ph down and monitor my PH carefully and they've been fast growers since then.

What pH do you run? I think my meter was slightly out of whack so my plants were getting water with approx 6.8, growth is very slow. Im going to try lowering my pH to a legitimate 6.5 in hopes that things improve. I am very excited to smoke this strain thats why im a little bummed I'll have to veg a little longer.

Grandad

I bring the PH of my water down to aound 6.8 (I use an acquarium water testing kit- havent got around to getting a phg stick yet). This should be ok AFIK- maybe Dubi has some info here.

Actually the leaves on my Nep Jam have just started cupping upwards slightly for some reason (the lights are off right now so I cant get a pic- will add one later)- as I said these seem very sensitive to their environment- compared to the other varieties I have on the go.

As has been stated already they shoot up when flowered so don't grow them too big before switching!

here's a photo of my nep jam male (on the left), along with an orient express male (on the right) taken a few weeks ago.

Last edited:
I

Iron_Lion

Grandad said:
I bring the PH of my water down to aound 6.8 (I use an acquarium water testing kit- havent got around to getting a phg stick yet). This should be ok AFIK- maybe Dubi has some info here.

Actually the leaves on my Nep Jam have just started cupping upwards slightly for some reason (the lights are off right now so I cant get a pic- will add one later)- as I said these seem very sensitive to their environment- compared to the other varieties I have on the go.

As has been stated already they shoot up when flowered so don't grow them too big before switching!

here's a photo of my nep jam male (on the left), along with an orient express male (on the right) taken a few weeks ago.

Nice plants, how old are they? size lights?

Grandad

they were maybe 4.5/ 5 weeks old when this was taken, started under 250 w light. Got any pics of yours?

I

Iron_Lion

Grandad said:
they were maybe 4.5/ 5 weeks old when this was taken, started under 250 w light. Got any pics of yours?

My digital camera is broken, mine arent much to look at. Mine were started under a 100W HPS and now theyre under my 250W HPS. Im gonna hit them with some pure blend pro grow tonite, hoping to see some growth :wallbash: Your plants are light years ahead of mine at 4 weeks.

Last edited:

Grandad

Heres a female flowered at the same heigth as the one above.

She's 2.5 weeks into 12/12 and still stretching.

The top is taking shape nicely

Here's the leaf curl- this started only on one of the lower sets of leaves after I gave it a half dose of bio bizz grow and some high P guano. I'll be very careful what I feed this from now on.

I

Iron_Lion

I think I pin pointed my problem, I re-calibrated my meter and gave them a true 6.5 feeding and I noticed considerable growth over night. man I feel like such a dumb@ss, all this time I've been waiting and waiting. Grandad, nice pics, is it safe to say that the NJ's will do atleast a 3x stretch? I'd be happy with 18" tall fully matured plants so if I can just get them to 6" :jump:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Iron_Lion said:
Dubi, I've got to ask, is there anything special that NJ likes in its environment? I've got a few NJs at 28 days old and theyre barely 5-6cms tall. I just cant get these things to grow, are they extremmely sensitive to pH or nutrients? i've got lots of light, good soil and good temps, I just cant figure it out. My pH might have been slightly out of whack but I cant imagine that alone would slow growth up this much. I really wanted to throw them into 12/12 at 30 days but it looks like they will be vegging to 5-6 weeks minimum.

Hello Iron Lion and Grandad,

New backcrossed Nepalese Jam version is quite uniform but less vigorous than other ace commercial hybrids. Let them veg from seed til they reach maturity and good size. It can probably take 4-6 weeks depending on ambient and growing variables.

Calibrate PH around 6.5-6.8 but not higher than 7, it is best range for cannabis growing organicaly in soil. The more stable PH inside correct range, the more nutrients will be able to absorve.

M

medical_shed

Here's my nepjam at around 9 weeks flowering. She still has a couple of weeks to go.

This pheno burned with bio-bizz grow at 1m per litre, next run it will get no grow til it asks for it. This one can also stink your street out :rasta:

Here are some air buds from the more nepali pheno that I think could be the honey pheno mentioned earlier.

This one could take 1m per litre without burning but only just. This sensitivity could be partly down to mycorhizal fungi though.

This is some damn strong weed. :rasta:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
medical_shed said:

Lovely work medical shed! I lover her explosive flowering! :rasta:
Congrats for green hand!

Im glad to hear you are enjoying first smoking tests :smile:

Last edited:
I

Iron_Lion

Med Shed those are some beautiful dried buds, those pics make me really happy that I chose NepJam. Dubi, as always thanks very much for the reply.

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
Mmmmmm, I was thinking of getting either Nep Jam or the Highland Nep from Reef... Be nice to do some crosses from his IBL....

tan

medical_shed said:
Here's my nepjam at around 9 weeks flowering. She still has a couple of weeks to go.

Hi Medical_shed, did you start them with 12/12 from seed?

And Dubi, do you think it would be a good idea to flower them an extra month if I skip veg? because yeild is not important to me...

I'm flowering equatorial sativas at the moment and would love to put some Nepjams in the growroom which is already at 12/12.

thanks in advance,

I

Iron_Lion

Im having trouble deciding what size pots to finish my NJ's in. I put them into 12/12 at 6 weeks and 4" tall theyre in 6" pots until I determine sex. Its hard for me to estimate the amount theyre going to stretch, I dont know if I'd be better off to transplant them into 1gal buckets or 2gallon. I know more soil = more buds but I dont what to go over board with the size pots for the size plants. Anyone have any opinions?

Latest posts

Latest posts