What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Global Warming & Climate Change Myths

Gernals

There's fuel sources everywhere and plenty of ways that humans can harness them. Look at who's running the government and it's plain why we're still burning coal and oil.

How much energy did Kilauea release in it's eruptions? Combine volcanic energy with the constant winds and surf and you've got all the energy you need. Yet Hawaiians spend billions each year to haul oil to their islands and burn it. I've heard plans for Hawaii to go 100% renewable by 2045 but we'll see.

Look at how much food we throw away. And how much heat a compost pile makes. Hell they even have machines that use humans as batteries. Oh wait that was the Matrix but you get my point. There's energy everywhere on earth. It's what form you choose to build the infrastructure around and harness. The problem is the resistance from the status quo if we switch to bacteria or earth produced energy.

Of course a source like fermentation is going to produce C02. The difference is the stuff that gets fermented would be part of the earth's cycle of life as opposed to plants and animals that were sequestered under the earth millions of years ago.

They'll say it'll be cost prohibitive to switch but that's at the start. Switching 20 years from now will cost hundreds of times more. And waiting until we have to will cost more then we can pay.

When i was in college i heard from an article writing xxxxxx that 80 billion lbs of food is thrown away. 40% of the US food supply is wasted.

Last edited by a moderator:

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
At this point the people are so addicted to fossil fuels, the oil companies could start focussing a lot of their R&D on renewable fuels, and it wouldn't change a lot.

Renewable fuels like Peanut Oil & Scotch Broom extract are very interesting. But if everybody forced themselves to stop consuming fossil fuels, they would find themselves very cold or very hot, very hungry, and very thirsty.

American society is built very thoroughly on low-cost energy, which most of the time, renewables are not.

The tables have turned. Solar is now cheaper.