What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Henola

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Does anyone have access to seeds for this variety?

It was recently developed in Poland and released a little over a year ago. I'd be very interested in growing it.

dank.Frank

BadTicket

ØG T®ipL3 ØG³
Veteran
Henola.. Sooooo it's Polish Finola or what? The name can't be a coincidence..?

I reckon ye be in need of new ropes and sails for yer pyrate ship thar matey? Arrrrrrrrrrrr!

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The variety produces much more seed for oil production or food than others available on the market currently. It's key properties are not really focused on fiber.

dank.Frank

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
Harvesting of plants was carried out at the stage of full maturity of seeds. During the harvest, seed and straw samples were taken to determine their quality. In addition, it was found that inflorescences of oilseeds in full bloom contain: 0.32% essential oil, 0.013% THC and 0.07% CBD.

konopie-_powównanie.jpg

Comparison of fibrous and oily hemp (right)

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm not really sure what you are contributing, in regards to the topic of the post, no offense intended?

Are those numbers and results from Henola?

dank.Frank

mexcurandero420

Veteran
I'm not really sure what you are contributing, in regards to the topic of the post, no offense intended?

Are those numbers and results from Henola?

dank.Frank

That part is from a text about Henola translated from Polish into English.I will keep an eye on if the seeds somewhere else are available , but from the moment only at the institute who bred the strain.I can take a look if there is an analyse of the fatty acids profile for you if you're interested.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
No UFO they are not. Two completely different cultivars for two very different purposes. Finola is a grown for bast and core fibers. Henola is grown for edible seed. They are very different.

I still have no leads for seeds for this variety. I guess it is too new.

dank.Frank

UFOpilot

The FINOLA oilseed hemp variety is an excellent source of sustainable food and fiber. The exceptional fatty acid profile in Finola® hempseed oil offers a rich source of the two essential fatty acids (EFAs); omega-3 alpha-linolenic acid (ALA 22%) and omega-6 linoleic acid (LA 56%), in addition to significant amounts of gamma linolenic acid (GLA 4%) and stearidonic acid (SDA 2%). We can’t make the EFAs ourselves, so we have to get them from our daily diet. The EFAs are needed to produce many important things in our bodies, including optimal nerve functions throughout the brain and central nervous system. Finola® hempseed oil is an excellent way to obtain our EFAs.

This quote is from the original Finola website.
So Finola is also grown for its seeds.

UFOpilot

The FINOLA oilseed hemp variety is an excellent source of sustainable food and fiber. The exceptional fatty acid profile in Finola® hempseed oil offers a rich source of the two essential fatty acids (EFAs); omega-3 alpha-linolenic acid (ALA 22%) and omega-6 linoleic acid (LA 56%), in addition to significant amounts of gamma linolenic acid (GLA 4%) and stearidonic acid (SDA 2%). We can’t make the EFAs ourselves, so we have to get them from our daily diet. The EFAs are needed to produce many important things in our bodies, including optimal nerve functions throughout the brain and central nervous system. Finola® hempseed oil is an excellent way to obtain our EFAs.

So Finola is also grown for its seed.

mexcurandero420

Veteran

So Finola is also grown for its seed.

Finola was the first European hemp variety for growing seeds as a food source.

PDX Dopesmoker

Finola was the first European hemp variety for growing seeds as a food source.

Thats exactly what one of the Finnish guys who posts here told me when I was asking him about if Finola had any promise as a cannabinoid producer for high latitudes or other short season grows. I was told Finola is grown specifically for pressing hemp seed oil from and that the individual seeds aren't very large.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Henola produces 4x more seed than currently available varieties on the market. It's what makes it an improvement and therefore special. It's a superior variety for seed production, which is why I'm looking for it.

dank.Frank

mexcurandero420

Veteran
Henola produces 4x more seed than currently available varieties on the market. It's what makes it an improvement and therefore special. It's a superior variety for seed production, which is why I'm looking for it.

dank.Frank

Only Finola produce seed with a higher content of GLA and the oil consist stearidonic acid.Don't know about Henola.

Latest posts

Latest posts