What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ReikoX's Workshop 2018

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Mine didn't really finish either, but they all threw out some stamen(AKA nanners) from the buds.

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
This is the Jilly Bean keeper. Smells just like peeling a fresh tangerine.
picture.php

A quick trim and they are hanging for the next few days.
picture.php

Grass Monkey starting to burst out of their plugs. Some are a tad on the dry side, will keep misting them. Someone asked me about why I used Ful-power, kelp, and aloe to soak my plugs. I though it was worth posting in here.

ReikoX said:
Well, sprouting seeds is all about enzymes, they are the catalyst for germination. Fulvic acid (Ful-power) is like a catalyst for enzymes. The kelp has plant growth hormones and regulators (PGH & PGH) as well as over 80 micro nutrients and a cheating agent, mannitol. Aloe has PGRs as well as saponins making it a wetting agent.
picture.php

24 hours later...
picture.php

The Blueberry is starting to grow up, I started "LST" on it, and you can see the top is bent over. As usual, I was a bit too rough and snapped the stem. I gave it a dose of LITFA (leave it the fuck alone) and she is doing just fine now.
picture.php

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Uncle Sam got be some new toys to play with. I got 6x SolStix with a 250-watt dimmable driver. I also picked up some more LED_Seedz. Grass Monkey F2, Cherry Tart (Cherry OG x Grass Monkey F2), Creme Brulee (ICookies x Grass Monkey F2), and Starfighter IBL.
picture.php

The Grass Monkey F2 seedlings are all up. They were dipped in VAM mycorrhizae, transplanted into paper cups, and watered with kelp, aloe, and fulvic acid. Once they get their first set of three bladed leaves, I will take the cotyledons for testing gender.
picture.php

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
The SolStix come with the SolStrip and the matching heatsink (SolSink) that is already drilled and tapped. I'll take a few pictures as I build it. :good:

Safe Gardener

I was just on their web site and saw the led strip/heatsink combo. I'm really tempted to pickup 4 of those to use in one of my cabs.

So far are you happy with the growth your seeing with these?

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
I noticed a huge difference between them and the 150-cmh for veg. I was so happy with the three, I ordered these 6 in 27000K. Customer service is pretty good too.

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
ReikoX's Cannagar Tutorial (1/2)

ReikoX's Cannagar Tutorial (1/2)

To cure the leaves, I first take them fresh off of the plant and vacuum seal them. Then I put them some place warm like on a seedling mat for a couple of days. After a few days, the moisture will be removed from the leaves and may even pool in the bag. I remove the leaves and let them dry until they are just starting to crisp up at the ends, then vacuum seal them again for a week or so.
picture.php

Next I shape the cigar. A cigar mold would probably work better, but the artisan hand rolled cigar is always nice as well.

First, I shaped the tip of the cigar with some hemp twine. The idea is to get the hemp twine as thick as the cigar will be in the end.
picture.php

Next, I weighed out about 7 grams of bud and removed any large stems. I broke the buds down so they were a uniform size, and formed them into shape with a bamboo rolling mat.
picture.php

Then, I cut a piece of parchment paper and wrapped it around the buds. This helps keep the buds from falling apart when wrapping them with the hemp twine.
picture.php

After that, I wrapped it tightly with the hemp twine. Notice how much more compact it got wrapping it like that.
picture.php

Finally, I vacuum sealed it for a couple of weeks. This will help it keep its shape when wrapping the leaves later.

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
ReikoX's Cannagar Tutorial (2/2)

ReikoX's Cannagar Tutorial (2/2)

After a week or so of being tightly wrapped, I carefully removed the hemp twine and parchment paper. Now it's time to finish wrapping the buds with the leaves. For this cannagar I'll use about 7 grams of Holy Grail 69 bud, 0.5 grams of mixed kief, about 1 gram of Skunk rosin, and several Duban Poison (male) leaves.
picture.php

First I pressed the dry sift between two pieces of parchment with a hand clamp. A full gram would have been better, I'll make due with what I have.
picture.php

The bud was lightly covered in rosin and rolled in the pressed kief. To use the rosin, I put a dab on my dab tool and melt it with my e-nail. Then while it's liquid I can smear it on the bud or leaves.
picture.php

Each of the fingers of the leaves were carefully removed. Using the rosin as an adhesive, I first made the tip of the cigar by putting a hole in the middle of the leaf and putting through the skewer.
picture.php

Smearing heated rosin on each leaf, I finished covering the cannagar. This was then vacuum sealed and will age until 4/20.
picture.php

Gantz

Smoke weed and prosper
Veteran
That looks amazing bro! I bet it will kick your ads.
Can you even finish it in one session?
:tiphat:

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
That Looks Awesome bro

Looks like Shish-Kebab of Cannabis World... ;)

That looks amazing bro! I bet it will kick your ads.
Can you even finish it in one session?
:tiphat:

Nope, last year it took four people out. Finished it two sessions later.

i don't even actually smoke, but i would toke on that piece of artwork !!

wow
Well there is no tobacco in it, so puff puff pass! :smoke out:

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Pressed some Jilly Bean **trim**. 3.75 grams pre-pressed and wrapped in a ChemX coffee filter.
Room temp 72°F/40% RH.
Plate temps 85°C/85°C, 5:00 press time, two presses.
Yield ~5% , 0.2 grams. Trim always yields low.
SQUISH
picture.php

~star~crash~

now ur talkin' my language (sort of)

that cannagar really requires a good set of practised hands skills .... much respect 2 u

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
SolStix Build (1/2)

SolStix Build (1/2)

DIY lighting with the SolStix couldn't be easier. The SolStix is a strip LED PCB, the SolStrip, with a pre-drilled and tapped matching heatsink, the SolSink. They are designed for 1" angle, in my case I went with 1/8" aluminum. For this build, I plan to run six SolStix 5" apart. They need about 1/2" on either side, so both pieces were cut to 26". I laid everything out and checked my measurements.
picture.php

Next I measured and pre-punched my holes. A bit of hint here, measure from the inside edge, not the outside edge. The thickness of the material needs to be taken into account. Instead of 1/2" from the inner edge, I did 1/2" from the outer edge. Luckily I just flipped the piece over and re-drilled the holes. I think I forgot the old saying "measure twice and cut once", my grandpa would be disappointed. :D
picture.php

The SolStix come with hardware for mounting the strips to the heatsinks, but do not come with hardware to connect the heatsinks to the frame. They are tapped for M3 5mm screws. I got some M3 6mm to accommodate the thickness of the angle iron. Each screw was first screwed in lightly, giving some play to get all the holes aligned. After that the screws were each tightened to stabilize the whole frame.
picture.php