What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

At what ppm can you taste butane?

SkyHighLer

Got me a stone bad Mana
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Spiced Nuts

1/2 cup sugar

1/2 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon cinnamon

1/4 teaspoon cloves

1/4 teaspoon nutmeg

2 tablespoons water

1 1/2 cup nuts (preferably pecans, though pecans and walnuts, or just walnuts works)

Cook about 2 minutes over slow fire (until syrup) add the 1 1/2 cup nuts, mix fast, and pour on a Teflon coated cookie sheet, or aluminum foil, or parchment paper, etc., separate.

My notes: The ’syrup’ must be brought to a low boil for very short while before stirring in the nuts, otherwise the sugar won’t instantly solidify and frost up when you pour them out. The other concern requiring utmost finesse is laying the coated nuts out in one deft movement, and then separating those stuck together before the opportunity is lost. Preparing more than a pound and a half at a time doesn’t work - they won’t be evenly coated, and you won’t have time to separate them properly. The coating and nut interaction matures after 3-4 days of open air exposure, and then any remaining should be sealed.

From my dad's sister Lillian, and may have originally come from my grandpa Earle’s sister Lillian.

Attached is a scan of the recipe.

The simplest and best recipe for spiced pecans, and like my presentation on the detectability of butane in a dab, I challenge you to prove me wrong.

Enjoy!!!

Attachments

• IMG_20180422_0001.jpg
    IMG_20180422_0001.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
This thread is crazy. Butane is bad.. Half the waxes are full of so much grow additives they never purge out the solvent. I know people who get headaches from bho every single time regardless of ppm.

Yet we got talk of 14mm vs 18mm thinning the hit with air blah blah blah. Just stop producing shitty bho. It starts with growing weed that can actually be purged (no bottled faggot growstore bullshit)

Gry

I thought the thread was about as good as it gets, and look forward to more of a similar nature.

MedResearcher

Veteran
To each his own, but imo I agree its madness fueled by greed.

All the scientific data just reminds me of big pharma, greed, and legal jargon.

So many ways to make really great concentrates without adding chemicals, then trying to balance between clean and tasteless. Problem is they involve a lot of time and labor so the profit margin is not high enough.

One thing to think about, how many tons and tons of BHO startups and companies are making the exact same products. That is a lot of competition. A company that can make a different product, that is as high or higher in quality... now that will be a niche.

Not meant to disrespect anybodies passion, or livelihood.

Mr^^

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Everyone has an opinion, which they sometimes confuse with reality.

The pharma that you buy at the pharmacy, is made to FDA standards. FDA developed those standards through empirical testing, as opposed to taking polls and opinions.

Those whom don't trust FDA standards, will certainly glean more peace of mind by avoiding those things that give them angst. As it has been demonstrated that angst is insalubrious, it would be healthier for them to do so.

SkyHighLer

Got me a stone bad Mana
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The FDA standards as written, the Q3C residual standards, are fine. It's how they have been applied verbatim to a unique product that when used as intended, diluted with air when vaporized, and then inhaled, that I call into question.

With the extremely conservative dilution factor shown in the simple calculations, a dab with a 5,000ppm butane residual when diluted with even a small amount of air during vaporization contains only 377ppm of residual butane. Another consideration is the inhaled vapor is immediately exhaled, it comes into only momentary contact with the body's membranes, a much different route and absorption factor than that addressed by the FDA.

If you're going to chew, snort, or inject a dab somehow, releasing all the residual solvent to come into contact with the body's internal membranes, then the standards as written might apply verbatim.

Last edited: