What's new

Experience with hanging Drying Racks?

petert

I prefer hanging to dry.. But last year, like this year I'll have large quantities!! So I'll be hand trimming and hang drying as well as a Trim Pro for the mid sized buds. I ended up buying to drying racks each with 6 levels. They dried faster than hang drying in the stem. I prefer keeping the trimmed buds on the stem to dry a long as possible.
So to answer your question, they serve a purpose, work well and save room... But I prefer hanging and slow drying.
Hope that helps.

petert

Oops. You can fit ash it load depending on the circumference. I didn't weigh out what was on my racks. But it's a lot!!

DuskrayTroubador

Veteran
The rack I'm looking at is 35" in diameter with racks, so about 40 square feet of drying space. This estimate might be far off, but I reckon that's enough space for about 2lbs if I'm lucky.

amanda88

317-5rLFXLL._SY300_.jpg

I prefer to allocate one plant per drying rack, sounds silly ..but has its advatages like no mold, quick and EFFICIENT drying times ..10 days at 20-25c 65-75f
I unlike you...prefer to wash the rack on each turn, it removes any confusing oders

good luck

amanda88

ps...I also avoid using the last 2 trays, thats the floor and one above, using these 2 can slow things down ...a lot!

amanda88

no perhaps its hot up top of the room, I use 4 in a bedroom with a high ceiling, I have seen many home made examples, even from a bike tyre(tire)

theJointedOne

Veteran
I was looking at this one in particular from Advanced Nutrients: http://www.amazon.com/Advanced-Nutrients-Quick-Drying-Large/dp/B004TESI84

The reviews seem to be good, and to buy like 4 of them seems to be the most efficient way of drying. My main question is: does anyone know (or have a good guess) how much can fit into one of these things?

in terms of weight, it really depends on the density of your flowers.

in terms of volume, , imho the right way to use these is to make a single layer of buds, with some spacing here and there, they dont need to be not touching, but they also shouldnt be a nug carpet, breathing and drying is the goal., hard to dry when theres flowers piled on top of flowers.

fluff daily

hup234

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I average 4 oz dried per level(3 ft wide)with as few buds touching as possible

shredGnar

I have a few of the exact ones the op linked. .

They work well and are actually pretty solid. Thicker metal bands than the ones I got from the hydro store.

When I used them I ended up with a 1/2 # per tier dry weight. So approx 2 lbs wet. The top band does bend a bit for the first few days until the buds lighten up a bit.

Always had flat spots...

To be honest though they just collect dost nowadays. I think hang dying and dry trimming produces better results

DuskrayTroubador

Veteran
How well would these work if I'm planning on dry trimming?

I'm going to remove all fan leaves at harvest, but I'm leaving the little leaves on the buds until after they're done drying.