What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

quick rubbermaid ebb and flo set up

L

larry badiner

[will post pics later, grow tent is on dark mode]

what you will need:

18 gal rubbermaid container
10 gal rubbermaid container
rockwool (4 in/1.5 in, etc)
lots of hydotron
water pump
drill bits for hydro parts (i just used a 1/2 inch drill and drill enough for the initial hydro parts to fit)
1/2'' hose
hydroponic flood and drain hydro parts (forgot their names)

directions: put 10 gal on top of 18 gal's lid (including rez). now drill holes on the bottom of 10 gal rez and the top of the 18 gal's lid, with the rez attached. attach hydro parts, attach hose to water pump that sits in the 18 gal rubber mad for the flood function, and attach the drain to the 10 gallons bottom and 18' gallon lid. add hydroton and there you go, a cheap flood and drain.

bonus points for a recirculating rez

good luck :)

edit: if i missed something please post a correction, also i really hope this makes it to the hardware sticky

Last edited:
L

larry badiner

bump, the hydro system works but i got hit with 3 different pump failures on 5 different hydro setups, then i got a mite infestation. good hydro system but ebb and flo is really for people who know what they're doing, ill be going soil after this grow