What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Strains that Shatter

morbious

I would appreciate any input on people's experience with different strains that consistently yield a hard shatter and whether its been trim of that strain, flowers or a combination.

I have read that some strains are notoriously difficult to shatter up and others shatter up quite easily, all things being equal.

Very frustrating when coming across a strain for the first time and the client is requesting shatter, not realizing that his strain may never shatter up.

To be more specific I am referring to a hard shatter as opposed to a pull and snap or other variation.

Dr.Terp

I wish I could direct you to a thread "tempering in vacuum oven" because I am sure it has been covered here before, but im new here too :) Off top my head, im confident that consistancy is more influenced by the particular processing regime being applied, and has less to do with the specific cultivar. Granted the trichome density of a particular cultivar would influence yield, but you could temper it into a shatter if it is not decarbed. GreyWolf probly has all this already written, some one will chime in soon.