Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Growing Outdoors > New To Outdoor Growing, Questions

Thread Title Search
Click for Weed Seed Shop
New To Outdoor Growing, Questions Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-13-2017, 12:38 AM #1
Zeez

Zeez is a jewel in the roughZeez is a jewel in the roughZeez is a jewel in the roughZeez is a jewel in the roughZeez is a jewel in the roughZeez is a jewel in the roughZeez is a jewel in the roughZeez is a jewel in the rough
New To Outdoor Growing, Questions

This forum has been a major resource that helped me learn allot about hydro and indoor growing for over a year now. Over 40 plants harvested so far with pretty good indoor yields. Thank you.

Now, it's time to move outdoors and I really don't know jack. The soil is mainly compost with allot of chicken coop crap. The coco root balls went right in the soil and the transition was pretty smooth. I've always used Botanicare indoors and would like to keep it pretty clean outdoors too.

Here's the questions.

How much should I water?

What are the recommends for feeding?

Is there an easy / cheap garden hose type injection system that will automate the process with some accuracy?

Thanks Again.

Last edited by Zeez; 06-15-2017 at 03:13 PM..
Zeez is offline Quote

Old 06-13-2017, 03:12 AM #2
Noonin NorCal

Noonin NorCal is a jewel in the roughNoonin NorCal is a jewel in the roughNoonin NorCal is a jewel in the roughNoonin NorCal is a jewel in the roughNoonin NorCal is a jewel in the roughNoonin NorCal is a jewel in the roughNoonin NorCal is a jewel in the roughNoonin NorCal is a jewel in the rough
Might wanna add some perlite or lava rock, i don't see any perlite?
Noonin NorCal is offline Quote

Old 06-13-2017, 06:52 PM #3
Zeez

Zeez is a jewel in the roughZeez is a jewel in the roughZeez is a jewel in the roughZeez is a jewel in the roughZeez is a jewel in the roughZeez is a jewel in the roughZeez is a jewel in the roughZeez is a jewel in the rough
I went in there pretty good with a cultivator. Wish I had thought of that, but will do next season.
Zeez is offline Quote

Old 06-13-2017, 07:37 PM #4
OG_NoMan

OG_NoMan has a spectacular aura aboutOG_NoMan has a spectacular aura aboutOG_NoMan has a spectacular aura aboutOG_NoMan has a spectacular aura about
Are people using teas or any thing to boost growth?

Zeez, I would imagine you could use soaker hose from any lawn and garden store for faster watering. I am thinking of setting up a watering system myself seeing I have all the pumps and stuff from indoor.
OG_NoMan is online now Quote

Old 06-14-2017, 12:25 AM #5
Zeez

Quote:
Originally Posted by OG_NoMan View Post
Are people using teas or any thing to boost growth?

Zeez, I would imagine you could use soaker hose from any lawn and garden store for faster watering. I am thinking of setting up a watering system myself seeing I have all the pumps and stuff from indoor.
I think it's going to be a garden hose going to a 3/4" PVC manifold with top hat grommets and 1/4" lines going to each plant. It works great with a timer the tents. I just don't want to over water.

How about an injector for nutes?

Last edited by Zeez; 06-14-2017 at 07:38 PM..
Zeez is offline Quote

Old 06-19-2017, 12:52 AM #6
Chunkypigs
Hard Mode

Chunkypigs has a reputation beyond reputeChunkypigs has a reputation beyond reputeChunkypigs has a reputation beyond reputeChunkypigs has a reputation beyond reputeChunkypigs has a reputation beyond reputeChunkypigs has a reputation beyond reputeChunkypigs has a reputation beyond reputeChunkypigs has a reputation beyond reputeChunkypigs has a reputation beyond reputeChunkypigs has a reputation beyond reputeChunkypigs has a reputation beyond repute
so you are running bottled nutes on your outdoor?

once those all grow together in a month it should be easier water the whole plot but I'm thinking they will benefit from you observing them and watering lots more on the big ones early on.

how are they looking now that the weather is nicer? did you put in 12?
GorillaBreath, GorillaTwin, GlueRoom and G99 - Glue and Cookies Conjoined
ForumBreath, Sluggo, and Weirdo-si-dos
Locomotive Breath & SourOGKB, Dude you got OGKB on my ECSD!
Chunky's Bagseeds info on IG
Chunkypigs is offline Quote

Old 06-19-2017, 02:17 AM #7
Zeez

Hey Chunky, They'v been outside ten days and showing good new growth. The raised bed soil is very good, but I want to maximize. First time doing outdoor. A couple are the same Acapulco Gold I gave to the happy lady at Tetra Hydro. I've got eight and room for one more. Biggest ones are 3 feet and smalls about 18" now. Drip watering is installed and I want to inject nutes with the watering.

What do you recommend for nutes?
Zeez is offline Quote

Old 06-19-2017, 03:55 AM #8
Chunkypigs
Hard Mode

Chunkypigs has a reputation beyond reputeChunkypigs has a reputation beyond reputeChunkypigs has a reputation beyond reputeChunkypigs has a reputation beyond reputeChunkypigs has a reputation beyond reputeChunkypigs has a reputation beyond reputeChunkypigs has a reputation beyond reputeChunkypigs has a reputation beyond reputeChunkypigs has a reputation beyond reputeChunkypigs has a reputation beyond reputeChunkypigs has a reputation beyond repute
when I went back to organic soil I used bio bizz and GO's line. the buds that I won the cup with were grown with the complete GO line in my amended soil.

I would try topdressing with worm castings guano's and watering with ACT if the bottled nutes are too pricey for you.

last year my outdoor was swamp soil amended lightly with one top dress about halfway into flower when they started yellowing early.

now I'm using all the organic goodies that I was too scared to get delivered to my place in NY.

Amazon has these pick up lockers in the mall here that are awesome and keep the neighbors from peeping on your deliveries.

the frost and smell is off the charts on this indoor now and I'm only using 600's for lights.
Chunkypigs is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-19-2017, 07:50 AM #9
Ibechillin

Ibechillin will become famous soon enough
I noticed you didnt add dolomite lime pellets to buffer the ph of the soil. If you get some and mix it into your bed it will take alot of headache out of your grow, being able to just add nutes and random ph water without ill effects.

Have you thought about top dressing every other week with an organic dry fertilizer? Typically they are a good deal cheaper than bottle nutes, its hard to overfeed with, and you get alot more use out of them.

Ive read logs of people having good experiences outdoors using earth juices rainbow mix grow and bloom dry ferts along with botanicare liquid nutes.

The soil king grows 10lb and bigger outdoor trees using mr bs green trees, check out the video on youtube mendo dope visits seed 2 soul farms.
Ibechillin is online now Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-19-2017, 07:02 PM #10
ManyManySpliffs

ManyManySpliffs has a spectacular aura aboutManyManySpliffs has a spectacular aura aboutManyManySpliffs has a spectacular aura aboutManyManySpliffs has a spectacular aura aboutManyManySpliffs has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chunkypigs View Post
when I went back to organic soil I used bio bizz and GO's line. the buds that I won the cup with were grown with the complete GO line in my amended soil.

I would try topdressing with worm castings guano's and watering with ACT if the bottled nutes are too pricey for you.

last year my outdoor was swamp soil amended lightly with one top dress about halfway into flower when they started yellowing early.
View Image

View Image

now I'm using all the organic goodies that I was too scared to get delivered to my place in NY.
View Image

Amazon has these pick up lockers in the mall here that are awesome and keep the neighbors from peeping on your deliveries.

the frost and smell is off the charts on this indoor now and I'm only using 600's for lights.
View Image
Hey Chunkypig, I was going to get some a that insect frass to use on my outdoor this year. Boost that resin production. Is this your first time using it and if not how do you use it in your feeding regimen (amounts and frequency)?

Overgrow da world!

32 Bagseed, Outdoor Organic, '14
ManyManySpliff's & Friend Bagseed Grow, '12
13 Bagseed Ladies Harvested, '06
The Purps of '06

Proud member of the
D.S.C.C. - Dirty South Cannabis Cultivators
ManyManySpliffs is offline Quote