Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > IC Magazine > Contests > Halloween 2015 contest !.!.!...

Thread Title Search
Check out the excellent cannabis genetics at Barney's Farm!
Thread Closed
Halloween 2015 contest !.!.!... Thread Tools
Old 10-05-2015, 06:59 AM #11
fuggzy

fuggzy has a spectacular aura aboutfuggzy has a spectacular aura aboutfuggzy has a spectacular aura aboutfuggzy has a spectacular aura about
Forget this heat, I'm going to WA

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.― Eric Hoffer

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-05-2015, 06:05 PM #12
Payaso
Administrator

Payaso is a survivorPayaso is a survivorPayaso is a survivorPayaso is a survivorPayaso is a survivorPayaso is a survivorPayaso is a survivorPayaso is a survivorPayaso is a survivorPayaso is a survivorPayaso is a survivor
I'm getting a pumpkin or three today to carve up... ought to be a stoned out fun trip!

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-06-2015, 04:28 PM #13
yortbogey
To Have More ... Desire Less

yortbogey is a survivoryortbogey is a survivoryortbogey is a survivoryortbogey is a survivoryortbogey is a survivoryortbogey is a survivoryortbogey is a survivoryortbogey is a survivoryortbogey is a survivoryortbogey is a survivoryortbogey is a survivor
yortbogey has completed 2 grow reports. Click to see my Grow Reports
Talking

Mix up a preservative solution for your carved pumpkin consisting of 2 teaspoons of household bleach per gallon of water.

Fill a sink, bucket, or tub with enough of the bleach solution to totally immerse the carved jack o lantern. Place the jack o lantern in the bleach mixture right after you have finished carving it. Soak the carved pumpkin for 8 hours or overnight.

Remove the pumpkin from the liquid and allow it to air dry. Spray the pumpkin inside and outside with a commercial pumpkin preservative or use your own mixture, consisting of 1 teaspoon of bleach in water. Spray the pumpkin once daily, to prevent the growth of bacteria and mold.

Smear petroleum jelly on all of the cut surfaces of the pumpkin. This will prevent the pumpkin from drying out and getting that puckered, shriveled look.

Protect the jack o lantern from sun or rain, since one will dry the pumpkin out, while the other will promote the growth of mold. If possible, refrigerate your jack o lantern when it's not in use.
How Pumpkin Preservation Works

Bleach is dilute sodium hypochlorite, an oxidizer that kills microorganism that decay the pumpkin, including mold, fungi, and bacteria. You need to reapply it because it loses its effectiveness fairly quickly. The petroleum jelly locks in moisture so the jack o lantern doesn't get dehydrated.

Now that you know how to keep it fresh, make a science Halloween jack o lantern.

i got a river for a soul...

Darlin' I'm a nightmare...
Dressed like a daydream~~~

Old 10-06-2015, 06:38 PM #14
trichrider
THEORETICAL

trichrider has a brilliant futuretrichrider has a brilliant futuretrichrider has a brilliant futuretrichrider has a brilliant futuretrichrider has a brilliant futuretrichrider has a brilliant futuretrichrider has a brilliant futuretrichrider has a brilliant futuretrichrider has a brilliant futuretrichrider has a brilliant futuretrichrider has a brilliant future
i've always been of the mind that that shriveled decaying jackolantern that dissolves when you pick it up or kick it was part of the tradition...but yeah, great info on keeping them longer.
picked up 2 for the grandkids to carve...gonna go back and get one for old granddad!

one of my favorite memories of halloween was trick or treating...
we would gather cattails (ripe ones) and where tricks were imperative, we would break cattails on their walks or mailboxes.

better than toilet paper.

that was so long ago...sigh.

Old 10-06-2015, 08:07 PM #15
blastfrompast

blastfrompast is a name known to allblastfrompast is a name known to allblastfrompast is a name known to allblastfrompast is a name known to allblastfrompast is a name known to allblastfrompast is a name known to allblastfrompast is a name known to allblastfrompast is a name known to allblastfrompast is a name known to allblastfrompast is a name known to allblastfrompast is a name known to all
Happy Halloween from the Minions

Old 10-10-2015, 07:37 PM #16
Payaso
Administrator

Payaso is a survivorPayaso is a survivorPayaso is a survivorPayaso is a survivorPayaso is a survivorPayaso is a survivorPayaso is a survivorPayaso is a survivorPayaso is a survivorPayaso is a survivorPayaso is a survivor
Man my pumpkins ended up awful... I'm going back for training.

Old 10-10-2015, 10:13 PM #17
SwampyTHC

SwampyTHC will become famous soon enoughSwampyTHC will become famous soon enough
can we have a seperate pumpkin carving comp im not the type of bloke to get dressed up lol happily sit there stoned carving something up though

Old 10-10-2015, 10:19 PM #18
yortbogey

yortbogey is a survivoryortbogey is a survivoryortbogey is a survivoryortbogey is a survivoryortbogey is a survivoryortbogey is a survivoryortbogey is a survivoryortbogey is a survivoryortbogey is a survivoryortbogey is a survivoryortbogey is a survivor
carvings DO count ... so carve away and post those pic's....

Old 10-12-2015, 03:12 PM #19
Med-Grower_TOm

Med-Grower_TOm is a jewel in the roughMed-Grower_TOm is a jewel in the roughMed-Grower_TOm is a jewel in the roughMed-Grower_TOm is a jewel in the roughMed-Grower_TOm is a jewel in the roughMed-Grower_TOm is a jewel in the rough
I'll bite, might do both the carvings and costumes(think we have a party to go end of month, so will update here in the next 2 1/2 weeks. Good luck folks.

Old 10-21-2015, 10:06 PM #20
yortbogey

BUMP ... 10 days til PoWoW ..... don't forget your camera's.....

1 members found this post helpful.

Thread Closed