Yogurt Cup Grow Contest
Round 7; 2015
This contest is open to ALL icmag members; there are NO restrictions at all on environment / equipment / method, only the container size. (The primary rule being that roots must remain entirely inside yogurt cup at all times). The true purpose of the contest in my eyes is to drive participation & cooperation on the site and bring members together in a spirit of sharing knowledge and experiences of growing in tiny containers.
1) All contestants must use an individual serving food container, generally yogurt (labeled as 6 oz serving size here in the states, or 150 to 180 grams for Europe and most everywhere else) of any shape or brand (these will generally have a maximum volume of 250 mL).
250 milliliters maximum volume is the official size limit. No substitutions/transplants (plants must remain in original container throughout the contest). Keep the original label on there, and show it in a photo if you plan on covering it later.
2) All contestants will use a clone, seed, or seedling of any Cannabis variety, male or female. Please specify strain/hybrid/breeder lineage in as much detail as possible (or even if it's a bag seed; tell what kind of herb was it in the bag the seed came from).
3) Contestants can enter up to 5 "yogurt cup plants" (one plant per cup), and will choose the best one to be judged.
4) Seedlings may be germinated or not at the time of entry; Clones maybe rooted or not at time of entry as well.
5) All roots must remain inside the yogurt cup for the duration of the challenge and may require trimming. Any type of feeding is allowed, but if roots grow out the bottom of the container they must be trimmed immediately and not be outside the container (once again, 250 mL maximum capacity.
6) Harvest must be no more than 20 weeks from today, that's November 9th 2015
. You can enter and finish ANY time between now and and thee 9th of November, but MUST be harvested with finished product pictures and smoke report by November 9th 2015.
7) Keep the photos and updates regular, one per week at least. Showing a ruler or something for scale in pics goes a long way! Missing 3 or more weeks without any update disqualifies a contestant, so keep up steady updates for maximum participation and to be considered in the winners poll.
8) Winner will be decided by a poll posted after the competition is completed. Prize will be a pack of seeds from Seedbay/Seedboutique. Winner will contact OldPink to coordinate receiving their prize. Thanks to Payaso, OldPink & Explosiv for making this happen!
9) It is expected of all contestants to keep a good attitude in the spirit of community and sharing of knowledge and experiences. Let's all have FUN.
Completed Yogurt Cup Grows will be judged by the ICMAG community in a poll upon completion of the contest. Finished grows will be judged on:
Quality of the information given
Frequency and presentation of updates
Quality of photographs and / or videos
Explanation & details
Design of the grow (concept)
Answers to questions about the grow
Quality & Quantity of the harvest
Last but not Least; a list of micro container growing history on ICmag (some great info and grows in these threads):
Previous Rounds of Yogurt Cup Challenge:
^^ Voting thread for last round
^^ Previous Round (5)
^^ Round 4
^^^^ Round 3
^^^ Round 2
^^^ Round 2 call for entries
^^ Round 1
^^^ Round 1 call for entries
Beer cup challenges:
1 sqft challenge:
Tips & Techniques Thread: