Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Botany and Advanced Growing Science > Can 3 Pounds Per Light Be Achieved? Better Back It Up With Proof, Talk Is Cheap!

Thread Title Search
Visit the Weed Seed Shop for Great Genetics!
View Poll Results: Can 3 Pounds Per Light Be Achieved? Better Back It Up With Proof, Talk Is Cheap!
Yes, I have done it and can prove it. 18 12.95%
Yes i have seen it done. 33 23.74%
I think it is a rumor 54 38.85%
No, it is not at all realistic 34 24.46%
Voters: 139. You may not vote on this poll

Can 3 Pounds Per Light Be Achieved? Better Back It Up With Proof, Talk Is Cheap! Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-08-2014, 04:10 AM #1
shaggyballs

shaggyballs is a name known to allshaggyballs is a name known to allshaggyballs is a name known to allshaggyballs is a name known to allshaggyballs is a name known to allshaggyballs is a name known to allshaggyballs is a name known to allshaggyballs is a name known to allshaggyballs is a name known to allshaggyballs is a name known to allshaggyballs is a name known to all
Can 3 Pounds Per Light Be Achieved? Better Back It Up With Proof, Talk Is Cheap!

I think this is just Internet myth!
If you can please vote in the poll

I posted this on a different site and it got locked in hours.
It was very peaceful, and was a start of a good debate!

The Reason sited was...The people pullin' 3 pound per light do not need to prove a thing to me,LOL And I feel they do not!
But lock the thread....WHY?.
I was ridiculed for even doubting the possibility.
So I now ask it here amongst brighter minds.
Thanks shag
Ins and outs of Pythium
OVERGROW FAQ

SEEDPAC Politically Active Cannabis

Fighting for Michigan's Medical Marihuana
Patients and Caregivers rights

I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.
shaggyballs is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-08-2014, 04:24 AM #2
krunchbubble
Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad At, Just Be Patient....

krunchbubble is a survivorkrunchbubble is a survivorkrunchbubble is a survivorkrunchbubble is a survivorkrunchbubble is a survivorkrunchbubble is a survivorkrunchbubble is a survivorkrunchbubble is a survivorkrunchbubble is a survivorkrunchbubble is a survivorkrunchbubble is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggyballs View Post
I think this is just Internet myth!

I posted this on a different site and it got locked in hours.
It was very peaceful and was a start of a good debate!

Reason sited was people pullin' 3 pound per light do not need to prove a thing to me, and they do not!
But lock the thread....WHY?.
So I now ask here amongst brighter minds.
Thanks shag

NOPE! It Cannot!

After being in the grow game a couple decades, worked at grow stores,done the warehouse thing, seen hundreds of grow rooms besides mine, I can without a doubt say that it is IMPOSSIBLE....

People will say different, what about Heath, what about Doubleleds, what about whatshisname that did this and that?

The thing is, they NEVER provide the proof....

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=330640

1280 Watt Starlite LED Grow - Finished

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=325694
krunchbubble is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-08-2014, 05:27 AM #4
RetroGrow

RetroGrow has a brilliant futureRetroGrow has a brilliant futureRetroGrow has a brilliant futureRetroGrow has a brilliant futureRetroGrow has a brilliant futureRetroGrow has a brilliant futureRetroGrow has a brilliant futureRetroGrow has a brilliant futureRetroGrow has a brilliant futureRetroGrow has a brilliant futureRetroGrow has a brilliant future
Yes, it can be done but it requires several things: long veg time, vertical, stacked lighting, and tall, high yielding strains, using Heath/Marlo's vertical scrog with wall trellises in a room with high ceilings, and hydro (Hempy buckets or DWC) I know, because I have done it, and really don't care if anyone believes it or not. I had 22 plants in a 5X9 room with 10 foot ceilings. 20 plants were vegged for 2 months (Critical Jack, a very high yielding strain that grows tall) and 2 Super Lemon Hazes that were vegged for 10 weeks, possibly a bit more. Lost track of exact veg time on those two, but plants looked as big as Xmas trees. One yielded a pound, and the other, just under a pound. The Critical Jacks all yielded over 8 oz each with 2 month veg. That's 10 pounds plus right there just for the Critical Jacks (Critical + X Jack Herer: Critical+ is Fruity pheno of Big Bud). Some of them were 10-12 ounces, smallest was 8 ounces. They were placed right against the walls all around the room, with vertical bulbs hanging in two columns in the middle. As branches moved outwards towards the lights, they were tied back to the wall. The two huge Super Lemon hazes that had extra veg time were standing in the middle of the floor with vert stacks on either side. Huge buds top to bottom. Fed with Maxibloom, Boost, and Bloombastic in flower. Buds were all flopping, so had to be tied with string, like they tie Xmas trees. Lights were within 6 inches of some plants. Anyone can do this, but it takes special strains, long veg, and vertical stacks. Also, were fed daily to run off, so had freshly oxygenated water all the time. They would suck the pots dry daily, and seemed to love that wet/dry/wet cycle.
For the doubters, grow some tall (at least 8 feet) Critical Jacks, and then talk to me. As far as I know, it's the highest yielding strain there is, although I haven't tried them all. Highest yielding I have seen. Virtually all the cubic footage in the room was used, and the Super Lemon Hazes had to be pulled out of the room daily in order to get to the other plants. They were on casters for that reason.
By the way, the object of this particular grow wasn't to set any records. Had broad mites in veg, so veg time had to be extended until the mites were eradicated, otherwise, I never would have vegged that long. The 2 SLH's were survivors from a previous run that were mostly destroyed by off gassing.
So, go ahead and flame away.

Forgot to mention, plants were grown from seed, not clone. Seeds give more vigorous growth by far, in my experience.
RetroGrow is offline Quote

6 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-08-2014, 05:32 AM #5
HUGE

HUGE is a splendid one to beholdHUGE is a splendid one to beholdHUGE is a splendid one to beholdHUGE is a splendid one to beholdHUGE is a splendid one to beholdHUGE is a splendid one to beholdHUGE is a splendid one to beholdHUGE is a splendid one to beholdHUGE is a splendid one to beholdHUGE is a splendid one to beholdHUGE is a splendid one to behold
Can be done, but not realistically. Once I had 2 magnum xxl over 12 big 6 week veg huge yielding plants that produced 7 pounds if mediocre fluffy pot. Yes it happened no it wasn't a good thing.
HUGE is offline Quote

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-08-2014, 05:34 AM #6
HUGE

HUGE is a splendid one to beholdHUGE is a splendid one to beholdHUGE is a splendid one to beholdHUGE is a splendid one to beholdHUGE is a splendid one to beholdHUGE is a splendid one to beholdHUGE is a splendid one to beholdHUGE is a splendid one to beholdHUGE is a splendid one to beholdHUGE is a splendid one to beholdHUGE is a splendid one to behold
31 wats per Ft2 and 50 grams per Ft2
HUGE is offline Quote

Old 12-08-2014, 05:35 AM #7
HUGE

A much better situation is 75-100 watts per Ft2 and 55-75 grams per Ft2
HUGE is offline Quote

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-08-2014, 05:36 AM #8
shaggyballs

shaggyballs is a name known to allshaggyballs is a name known to allshaggyballs is a name known to allshaggyballs is a name known to allshaggyballs is a name known to allshaggyballs is a name known to allshaggyballs is a name known to allshaggyballs is a name known to allshaggyballs is a name known to allshaggyballs is a name known to allshaggyballs is a name known to all
@RetroGrow
Thank you for the great information you have provided!
The biggest yields I had, needed long.........veg/Rooting time.....Roots=bud to me anyway.
So you method seems sound.
Vertical is a big yielder so I hear, but so many plants, I can only have 12.
Thanks again
shag
Ins and outs of Pythium
OVERGROW FAQ

SEEDPAC Politically Active Cannabis

Fighting for Michigan's Medical Marihuana
Patients and Caregivers rights

I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.
shaggyballs is offline Quote

Old 12-08-2014, 06:39 AM #9
RetroGrow

RetroGrow has a brilliant futureRetroGrow has a brilliant futureRetroGrow has a brilliant futureRetroGrow has a brilliant futureRetroGrow has a brilliant futureRetroGrow has a brilliant futureRetroGrow has a brilliant futureRetroGrow has a brilliant futureRetroGrow has a brilliant futureRetroGrow has a brilliant futureRetroGrow has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggyballs View Post
Vertical is a big yielder so I hear, but so many plants, I can only have 12.
Thanks again
shag
Ha, ha! I can only have zero.......
With 12, you'll have to veg them for 4 months or so, and have plenty of space...
By the way, here's the room, still under construction, with only the top bulbs in place. Lower bulbs were added directly below them as plants grew taller. Orange construction netting was covering all wall space, serving as wall trellises:

These are the two Super Lemon Hazes, right before the flip. They reached that size in 2 gallon Hempys, but were transplanted right before that picture was taken into 5 gallon buckets, because they were always tipping over. You can see the outline of the two gallons on the top of the coco. They got a couple feet higher after the stretch. The other 20 stayed in 2 gallon buckets all the way. Sativas like to grow tall, so if you have the overhead, you can grow monsters, even in a narrow space. This will only work with vertical, bare bulbs, and long veg. Notice the stems are as thick as broomsticks:

RetroGrow is offline Quote

6 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-08-2014, 07:57 AM #10
FlowerFarmer

FlowerFarmer is a name known to allFlowerFarmer is a name known to allFlowerFarmer is a name known to allFlowerFarmer is a name known to allFlowerFarmer is a name known to allFlowerFarmer is a name known to allFlowerFarmer is a name known to allFlowerFarmer is a name known to allFlowerFarmer is a name known to allFlowerFarmer is a name known to allFlowerFarmer is a name known to all
SoQuick logged a Colosseum grow w/ 600 clones. I believe he dubbed it the mother ship.

If I recall correctly he pulled 10 lbs from a vertical 3000w cage. Don't see any reason SoQuick would lie about his yields. He'd had already provided shit tons of picture of torso structured "cola" plants in which he clearly demonstrated he had his shit dialed! I believe it was some AK clone.

Anything is possible with either enough veg time or a shit load of plants.
Skill + being very familiar with your strain and desired method goes a long way.

A peek at the Farm
FlowerFarmer is offline Quote

8 members found this post helpful.