Eighths & Aces 36 37.89%
Waldgeist 29 30.53%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Closed
Yogurt Cup Grow Contest Voting Thread Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2014, 01:33 AM #41
exploziv
pure dynamite

exploziv has a reputation beyond reputeexploziv has a reputation beyond reputeexploziv has a reputation beyond reputeexploziv has a reputation beyond reputeexploziv has a reputation beyond reputeexploziv has a reputation beyond reputeexploziv has a reputation beyond reputeexploziv has a reputation beyond reputeexploziv has a reputation beyond reputeexploziv has a reputation beyond reputeexploziv has a reputation beyond repute
What about the recipients we use. Some of us european brothers will not find X oz. yogurt cups or similar size in mililiters. How do we get in while respecting the contest rules?
We can find varios sizes of plastic cups or something like that, but I really don't know if there are any international sizes of plastic cups, so we can all use it. I can calculate volume of any recipient, like i did when i played in the beer cup chalenge and could not find regulation cups around here, but don't know if this is the way we should do it. Maybe it is too much to do it for some future players.
Any toughts on this?

If the whole world smoked a joint at the same time, there would be world peace for at least two hours. Followed by a global food shortage.

Old 12-09-2014, 03:53 AM #42
Eighths-n-Aces

Eighths-n-Aces has a brilliant futureEighths-n-Aces has a brilliant futureEighths-n-Aces has a brilliant futureEighths-n-Aces has a brilliant futureEighths-n-Aces has a brilliant futureEighths-n-Aces has a brilliant futureEighths-n-Aces has a brilliant futureEighths-n-Aces has a brilliant futureEighths-n-Aces has a brilliant futureEighths-n-Aces has a brilliant futureEighths-n-Aces has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by exploziv View Post
.Any toughts on this?
there are a few on the first page here ........ https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=280941

OnlyOrnimental did the math and there isn't much difference between containers

7 ml aint a whole lot

the yogi cups on this side of the pond are all around 230 ml FWIW (at least the ones i've measured)

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-09-2014, 09:17 AM #43
#1cheesebuds

#1cheesebuds has much to be proud of#1cheesebuds has much to be proud of#1cheesebuds has much to be proud of#1cheesebuds has much to be proud of#1cheesebuds has much to be proud of#1cheesebuds has much to be proud of#1cheesebuds has much to be proud of#1cheesebuds has much to be proud of#1cheesebuds has much to be proud of#1cheesebuds has much to be proud of#1cheesebuds has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avinash.miles View Post
Wildgrow:

finshed:
View Image

View Image
Quote:
Eighths & Aces:

harvest time:
View Image

View Image
wow dude. these r looking super great. it still is so amazing how you can grow such big plants in such small yogurt cups. I must learn how I can do this... for me it would be a money saver cuz of less coco that would be needed to use.

also does this method save you any growing or flowering time?

Old 12-09-2014, 10:30 PM #44
exploziv
pure dynamite

exploziv has a reputation beyond reputeexploziv has a reputation beyond reputeexploziv has a reputation beyond reputeexploziv has a reputation beyond reputeexploziv has a reputation beyond reputeexploziv has a reputation beyond reputeexploziv has a reputation beyond reputeexploziv has a reputation beyond reputeexploziv has a reputation beyond reputeexploziv has a reputation beyond reputeexploziv has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eighths-n-Aces View Post
there are a few on the first page here ........ https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=280941

OnlyOrnimental did the math and there isn't much difference between containers

7 ml aint a whole lot

the yogi cups on this side of the pond are all around 230 ml FWIW (at least the ones i've measured)
well.. I saw his post, but he was around 30 ml under the regulation from my calculations. which can be a lot when talking about 200 or so ml in total.
I'll try to find some 170 ml yogurt cup or if not some kind of single use plastic cups around that size.

If the whole world smoked a joint at the same time, there would be world peace for at least two hours. Followed by a global food shortage.

Old 12-09-2014, 10:47 PM #45
Waldgeist

Waldgeist is a name known to allWaldgeist is a name known to allWaldgeist is a name known to allWaldgeist is a name known to allWaldgeist is a name known to allWaldgeist is a name known to allWaldgeist is a name known to allWaldgeist is a name known to allWaldgeist is a name known to allWaldgeist is a name known to allWaldgeist is a name known to all
6 oz. = 177.441178125 ml

now 230 ml total is allowed?, thats huge difference i think?

please make this point sure so we can prepare right

look those 20 ml alone

I guess the difference of more than 50 ml could be massive,
here thats 50 ml alone:

O-O, 230ml is almost a big 'Bauer' one,

If its not restricted to 'real' yogi cups one can also use normal seedling pot? i have 230ml square ones ...

Old 12-10-2014, 01:42 AM #46
Avinash.miles
Caregiver Extraordinaire

Avinash.miles has a reputation beyond reputeAvinash.miles has a reputation beyond reputeAvinash.miles has a reputation beyond reputeAvinash.miles has a reputation beyond reputeAvinash.miles has a reputation beyond reputeAvinash.miles has a reputation beyond reputeAvinash.miles has a reputation beyond reputeAvinash.miles has a reputation beyond reputeAvinash.miles has a reputation beyond reputeAvinash.miles has a reputation beyond reputeAvinash.miles has a reputation beyond repute
I'm thinking of sticking with 6oz or 178mL, contestants find the closest size container they can...

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-10-2014, 01:44 AM #47
Eighths-n-Aces

Eighths-n-Aces has a brilliant futureEighths-n-Aces has a brilliant futureEighths-n-Aces has a brilliant futureEighths-n-Aces has a brilliant futureEighths-n-Aces has a brilliant futureEighths-n-Aces has a brilliant futureEighths-n-Aces has a brilliant futureEighths-n-Aces has a brilliant futureEighths-n-Aces has a brilliant futureEighths-n-Aces has a brilliant futureEighths-n-Aces has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by exploziv View Post
well.. I saw his post, but he was around 30 ml under the regulation from my calculations. which can be a lot when talking about 200 or so ml in total.
I'll try to find some 170 ml yogurt cup or if not some kind of single use plastic cups around that size.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldgeist View Post
6 oz. = 177.441178125 ml

now 230 ml total is allowed?, thats huge difference i think?

please make this point sure so we can prepare right

look those 20 ml alone

View Image

I guess the difference of more than 50 ml could be massive,
here thats 50 ml alone:

View Image

O-O, 230ml is almost a big 'Bauer' one,

If its not restricted to 'real' yogi cups one can also use normal seedling pot? i have 230ml square ones ...
i'm wondering if the packaging on this side of the pond is different from that side of the pond. over here the yogurt cup is never full all the way to the top. there is some air space in every container.

i have measured 5 or six different brands containers using water and a graduated cylinder and it is always within 5 mils of 230. all i do is fill the container all the way to the top pour it in the cylinder and read what it says. it doesn't seem like it matters what brand or shape the container is they are always really close to the same volume. anyone on your side of the pond measuring the same thing the same way?

it would be nice to know we are all working with the same size container

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-10-2014, 01:39 PM #48
Avinash.miles
Caregiver Extraordinaire

Avinash.miles has a reputation beyond reputeAvinash.miles has a reputation beyond reputeAvinash.miles has a reputation beyond reputeAvinash.miles has a reputation beyond reputeAvinash.miles has a reputation beyond reputeAvinash.miles has a reputation beyond reputeAvinash.miles has a reputation beyond reputeAvinash.miles has a reputation beyond reputeAvinash.miles has a reputation beyond reputeAvinash.miles has a reputation beyond reputeAvinash.miles has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eighths-n-Aces View Post

it would be nice to know we are all working with the same size container
exactly!
the yogi cups hold only 6 oz of product, but total volume is up at 230 mL i believe, i will check this out and new rules will be posted in new thread....

the goal is to KNOW everyone is using the same ridiculously small container

Old 12-10-2014, 09:32 PM #49
Eighths-n-Aces

Quote:

the goal is to KNOW everyone is using the same ridiculously small container
i think so too. i invested another eight bucks in yogurt and broke out the scale and the graduated cylinder careful folks marijuana probably doesn't lead to hard drugs but it might lead to trying to figure out exactly what is in a yogurt cup ......... scary shit

so here is every different container of yogurt that i could find at the local supermarket.

i like yogurt but it's gonna take a couple days to eat all this. the first two went like this

Muller (sorry Wald, no umlaut on my keyboard)

it says there are "5.3 oz(150g)" in the cup so they are rounding the numbers. the actual weight of the yogurt is only 132.9g and the granola is 6.1g so neither number is right anyway. there is around 140 ml of yogurt in a 180 ml cup. ****sneaky germans**** ( i'm kidding FWIW)

Dannon

it says "6 oz.(170g)" rounded again but there is actually 169.6g of yogurt in the container. it takes up 185 ml and it's a 220ml cup
**** vive la france**** at least they know how to use a scale (and i'm still kidding)

gotta go ........ yogurt gives me the shits.

i'll get more posted when i can eat more yogurt

Old 12-10-2014, 09:51 PM #50
exploziv
pure dynamite

I'll go shopping and do same measurements for what I can find in shops around here. I won't be doing the yogurt eating tho, but i have a gf and a dog to handle that.
Then we can decide how the container size rule will look like for next round.

Thread Closed