Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > IC Magazine > Contests > YOGURT CUP CHALLENGE

Thread Title Search
Check out the excellent cannabis genetics at Barney's Farm!
Thread Closed
YOGURT CUP CHALLENGE Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2014, 09:47 AM #41
Only Ornamental
Spiritually inspired agnostic mad scientist

Only Ornamental is a name known to allOnly Ornamental is a name known to allOnly Ornamental is a name known to allOnly Ornamental is a name known to allOnly Ornamental is a name known to allOnly Ornamental is a name known to allOnly Ornamental is a name known to allOnly Ornamental is a name known to allOnly Ornamental is a name known to allOnly Ornamental is a name known to allOnly Ornamental is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avinash.miles View Post
shit just got real....
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th View Post
Nah son...check in tomorrow....shits about to get...realer... ???
Are you trying to intimidate us new breeders? So mean!!!

But guess what....

....it doesn't work!

Please spare a 'like', a dear friend of mine could need some motivation. Thanks!

Brainer on Retainer
: Why not rent a brain by the hour?
OO now on time-sharing

Old 03-22-2014, 04:28 PM #42
Avinash.miles
Caregiver Extraordinaire

Avinash.miles has a reputation beyond reputeAvinash.miles has a reputation beyond reputeAvinash.miles has a reputation beyond reputeAvinash.miles has a reputation beyond reputeAvinash.miles has a reputation beyond reputeAvinash.miles has a reputation beyond reputeAvinash.miles has a reputation beyond reputeAvinash.miles has a reputation beyond reputeAvinash.miles has a reputation beyond reputeAvinash.miles has a reputation beyond reputeAvinash.miles has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Only Ornamental View Post
Are you trying to intimidate us new breeders? So mean!!!

But guess what....
View Image
....it doesn't work!
View Image
no intimidation intended from me
I just know what E&A is capable of.....

Old 03-22-2014, 07:00 PM #43
Only Ornamental

Only Ornamental is a name known to allOnly Ornamental is a name known to allOnly Ornamental is a name known to allOnly Ornamental is a name known to allOnly Ornamental is a name known to allOnly Ornamental is a name known to allOnly Ornamental is a name known to allOnly Ornamental is a name known to allOnly Ornamental is a name known to allOnly Ornamental is a name known to allOnly Ornamental is a name known to all
Quote:
no intimidation intended from me
I know! After all, we're all nice folks with a common hobby here on ICMag .

Quote:
I just know what E&A is capable of.....
See, that's why I have the feeling I still can't trust you're first statement a 100% .

(PS Don't take me to seriously in fun threads)

Please spare a 'like', a dear friend of mine could need some motivation. Thanks!

Brainer on Retainer
OO now on time-sharing

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-23-2014, 02:15 PM #44
5th

5th has much to be proud of5th has much to be proud of5th has much to be proud of5th has much to be proud of5th has much to be proud of5th has much to be proud of5th has much to be proud of5th has much to be proud of5th has much to be proud of5th has much to be proud of5th has much to be proud of
Well that was a bust.

I ran into an old grow bro the other day. Said he was updating his grow room and asked me if I wanted a bunch of seedlings.

I figured if they were just gonna go to waste...trim the roots n' stick 'em in yogurt cups.

Then he told me he was re-doing his room because of mites...so I declined the offer. lol. Who the fuck offers contaminated shit to their boys?

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-23-2014, 04:55 PM #45
Avinash.miles
Caregiver Extraordinaire

Avinash.miles has a reputation beyond reputeAvinash.miles has a reputation beyond reputeAvinash.miles has a reputation beyond reputeAvinash.miles has a reputation beyond reputeAvinash.miles has a reputation beyond reputeAvinash.miles has a reputation beyond reputeAvinash.miles has a reputation beyond reputeAvinash.miles has a reputation beyond reputeAvinash.miles has a reputation beyond reputeAvinash.miles has a reputation beyond reputeAvinash.miles has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th View Post
Well that was a bust.

I ran into an old grow bro the other day. Said he was updating his grow room and asked me if I wanted a bunch of seedlings.

I figured if they were just gonna go to waste...trim the roots n' stick 'em in yogurt cups.

Then he told me he was re-doing his room because of mites...so I declined the offer. lol. Who the fuck offers contaminated shit to their boys?
gift horse.... mouth.... etc.
bummer 5th....

i've got a couple seedlings breaking the surface... poking holes in my yogi cups in preparation....

Old 03-24-2014, 03:24 PM #46
Only Ornamental

Update: Day 24

Now here's the unfortunate update at day 24: The tow remaining seedlings from the first batch turned out to be males or at least 'nearly males'...
See for yourself: Pic 1 is the top of plant #1 showing what seems to be male flowers, pic 2 the same but now you can see the bizarre male flowers showing each a single pistil. Pic 3 is a close-up of these 'things' and pic 4 is the top of plant #2.

The plants from the second batch are catching up and the males there should show sex in about two days. Then I will repot some females into their improved yogi cups (see next post).
Attached Thumbnails
Finola Yogurt Cup Day 24 A.jpg Finola Yogurt Cup Day 24 B.jpg Finola Yogurt Cup Day 24 C.jpg Finola Yogurt Cup Day 24 D.jpg

Brainer on Retainer
OO now on time-sharing

Old 03-24-2014, 03:35 PM #47
Only Ornamental

Improved yogi cups 'à la faisselle'

I thought that I feel threatened after all and that it's time for a counterstrike .
I happened to come across some 'faisselle' (a sort of French curd cheese) which is sold in a 'faisselle' (a perforated mold to drain off the whey).
I got some new yoghurt cups, fetched some tools (pic 1) and got to work, put some metal wire on the faisselle (pic 2) and at first perforated the cups 'Hempy bucket style' (pic 3). Then I thought I could/should do better and got me some straws, glue and a cutter to make an easy way of 'water level control and drainage system' (pic 4). The result is on pic 5 and I'll show you the poted plants as soon as I have them ready .

Ahh... forgot to say: I have the hope that this 'faisselle thingie' combines only the advantages of soil, hydro, and hempy buckets. I won't do real hydroponics because I have no idea bout that but with the faisselle I can add additional liquid 'superfood' and remove if necessary via the straw, the roots get more air and there's no toxic salt build-up like I've often seen with small pots.
Attached Thumbnails
Faisselle 1.jpg Faisselle 2.jpg Faisselle 3.jpg Faisselle 4.jpg Faisselle 5.jpg

Brainer on Retainer
OO now on time-sharing

Last edited by Only Ornamental; 03-24-2014 at 03:55 PM.. Reason: Added last paragraph

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-24-2014, 06:34 PM #48
staank

staank will become famous soon enough
um.. WOW.

Old 03-24-2014, 09:43 PM #49
lemongrove

Hey Double O. I did a yogi cup hempy style last time and I had no toxic build-up. Just water enough each time that a good amount of nutrient solution comes out of the holes; that way you are doing a mini-flush every time you water. I also did a couple of mild nutrient solution flushes while the plant was in flower. No problems.
Of course that all depends of what nutes you are using and at what concentrations. I followed Dyna-Gro's drain to waste nutrient schedule and the plant was healthy from start to finish. Good luck.

Old 03-24-2014, 09:56 PM #50
Only Ornamental

G'day citruscopse and thank you
That's exactly what I was thinking of!
I'm basically using plain soil and organic nutrient sources which leaves me with not much of a control over it but also not too much trouble. I'll try to supplement only if necessary by adding some liquid stuff* to the reservoir. Maybe some common garden fert if need be but no special scheme. And surely flushing towards the end; should work even with soil.
* I was thinking about trying sprout tea, coconut water, liquid nettle manure among other things which may pose a problem when added to soil. Big pots with a good soil life may very well tolerate these things but tiny cups are very sensitive to mould, root rot and co.

Brainer on Retainer
OO now on time-sharing

Thread Closed