Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Botany and Advanced Growing Science > Can 3 Pounds Per Light Be Achieved? Better Back It Up With Proof, Talk Is Cheap!

Thread Title Search
Visit Skunk24.com for discounted cannabis seeds.
View Poll Results: Can 3 Pounds Per Light Be Achieved? Better Back It Up With Proof, Talk Is Cheap!
Yes, I have done it and can prove it. 18 12.95%
Yes i have seen it done. 33 23.74%
I think it is a rumor 54 38.85%
No, it is not at all realistic 34 24.46%
Voters: 139. You may not vote on this poll

Can 3 Pounds Per Light Be Achieved? Better Back It Up With Proof, Talk Is Cheap! Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-18-2017, 11:55 PM #111
Sorceror

Sorceror will become famous soon enough
That's a nice looking scrog. I heard Chemdog is a big yielder but 2.5 for a 500w sounds unreal.
Sorceror is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-19-2017, 04:43 AM #112
Dr.King

Dr.King is a name known to allDr.King is a name known to allDr.King is a name known to allDr.King is a name known to allDr.King is a name known to allDr.King is a name known to allDr.King is a name known to allDr.King is a name known to allDr.King is a name known to allDr.King is a name known to allDr.King is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBudBros View Post
What kind of light you using?
Sorry I didn't see your post for a while, I don't know how I missed it. I was using a normal 400 watt average MH/HPS set-up from ebay. Now the led lights I where using took me multiple purchases of Led panels to find a great company. MarsHydro Led panels are top notch and very cheap on the wallet. They last a very long time. I purchased 8 and none of them burned out in a year of straight use. I plan to use them when I get the rest of my items after having moved.

To anyone who is trying to achieve a massive yield the two most impotent things are first letting the plant veg upwards to create a lot of nodes or your yield will easily be half of what it could be. Second and possibly just as impotent is too trim all of the leaves/nodes under the scrog and I do mean all. Not the branches going up into the scrog but all of the under near nodes that are attracted. I really hope I see more people hitting higher yields. Feel free to ask me any questions via here or p.m. Happy growing and be safe all.
Dr.King is offline Quote

Old 06-19-2017, 10:36 PM #113
SuperBudBros

SuperBudBros will become famous soon enoughSuperBudBros will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.King View Post
Sorry I didn't see your post for a while, I don't know how I missed it. I was using a normal 400 watt average MH/HPS set-up from ebay. Now the led lights I where using took me multiple purchases of Led panels to find a great company. MarsHydro Led panels are top notch and very cheap on the wallet. They last a very long time. I purchased 8 and none of them burned out in a year of straight use. I plan to use them when I get the rest of my items after having moved.

To anyone who is trying to achieve a massive yield the two most impotent things are first letting the plant veg upwards to create a lot of nodes or your yield will easily be half of what it could be. Second and possibly just as impotent is too trim all of the leaves/nodes under the scrog and I do mean all. Not the branches going up into the scrog but all of the under near nodes that are attracted. I really hope I see more people hitting higher yields. Feel free to ask me any questions via here or p.m. Happy growing and be safe all.
So you're using the Mars hydro LEDs and the mh/hps at the same time? Thanks by the way
SuperBudBros is online now Quote

Old 06-20-2017, 12:42 AM #114
Ibechillin

Ibechillin has a spectacular aura aboutIbechillin has a spectacular aura aboutIbechillin has a spectacular aura aboutIbechillin has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.King View Post
It sure is achievable. Lots of top notch growers currently hitting that mark and above. Anytime anyone needs some information about how to hit 2+ gpw check my thread out or feel free to pm me, no worries .

My old keeper Chemdog. I was hitting 2.5-3 pounds with 4 rounds per year under 500 watts in a 5' x '5 x 7' tent.

Old Zamaldelica keeper, 100% Sativa. Hitting 2.25 pounds with 4 rounds per year under 500 watts in a 5' x 5' x 7' tent as well.
Ill start looking through your threads, ill probably have some questions. I have been studying heath robinson's grows for a few years now. He seems to have disappeared though, I really appreciate your willingness to share.

Ibechillin is offline Quote

Old 06-20-2017, 06:55 AM #115
Dr.King

Dr.King is a name known to allDr.King is a name known to allDr.King is a name known to allDr.King is a name known to allDr.King is a name known to allDr.King is a name known to allDr.King is a name known to allDr.King is a name known to allDr.King is a name known to allDr.King is a name known to allDr.King is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBudBros View Post
So you're using the Mars hydro LEDs and the mh/hps at the same time? Thanks by the way
I would definitely recommend using them together. For instances in my 5 x 5 area I put the MH/HPS system in the middle of the tent like normal. The Led lights I put one on each side. Where every light(used a light meter from ebay that was $20) was low I re-positioned that Led on that side of the tent to cover the area. Same for the other side. At the end my true wattage was 550-600 watts. 400 for the MH/HPS, 90 watts each Led panel(used the 180 watt Led panels). Knowing what I do now I would definitely use all Led lights. I could easily put 4 Led panels in with the other 2 totaling 6 Led panels instead of using the MH/HPS. Still 550-600 true watts but 1100+ Led power. Light coverage would be way better and nearly the same light penetration. I can't wait to test this one for myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibechillin View Post
Ill start looking through your threads, ill probably have some questions. I have been studying heath robinson's grows for a few years now. He seems to have disappeared though, I really appreciate your willingness to share.

He among others are on a big list of top growers. Feel free to ask away no worries . Happy growing all.
Dr.King is offline Quote