You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Ace Seeds > Ace Sativas own Old Toker

Thread Title Search
Click for Ace Seeds
Ace Sativas own Old Toker Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-19-2017, 08:23 PM #311
deepwaterdude

deepwaterdude is just really nicedeepwaterdude is just really nicedeepwaterdude is just really nicedeepwaterdude is just really nicedeepwaterdude is just really nicedeepwaterdude is just really nicedeepwaterdude is just really nicedeepwaterdude is just really nicedeepwaterdude is just really nicedeepwaterdude is just really nicedeepwaterdude is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Toker View Post
The uncouth Ace Sativas that owned me? Thank you Brother!Hope you realize I couldn't have gotten this far without you. Now if I can just manage not to F' up the dry and cure.
Drying kind of like sex and yoga; even when badly done they do some good

Good news is you will have plenty of top grade herb, bad news is you're right that conditioning and storage are not necessarily easy. I let Beast get too dry, for example, which is fine for me own personal herb, but others will throw orange peels on it to rehydrate. Ech.
deepwaterdude is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-19-2017, 08:23 PM #312
farmerlion

farmerlion is a glorious beacon of lightfarmerlion is a glorious beacon of lightfarmerlion is a glorious beacon of lightfarmerlion is a glorious beacon of lightfarmerlion is a glorious beacon of lightfarmerlion is a glorious beacon of lightfarmerlion is a glorious beacon of lightfarmerlion is a glorious beacon of lightfarmerlion is a glorious beacon of lightfarmerlion is a glorious beacon of lightfarmerlion is a glorious beacon of light
Old Toker, If it's not broke don't fix it. My drying area is where it is because of limited space. I really can't control that environment without changing the entire building it's in. I try to keep it as dark as possible and I do most trimming while the plant is still in the soil. (just easier for me). After two weeks of drying, I do final trimming and the buds go into the curing jars in another dark area. Harvest time for me generally has snow mixed in. The cold temps freeze a lot of the moisture out of the air here. Not that any of this pertains to your situation, but I'm off today. This seemed like the place to hang out. Peace
farmerlion is offline Quote

Old 06-19-2017, 08:26 PM #313
orfeas

orfeas is just really niceorfeas is just really niceorfeas is just really niceorfeas is just really niceorfeas is just really niceorfeas is just really niceorfeas is just really niceorfeas is just really niceorfeas is just really niceorfeas is just really niceorfeas is just really nice
You've rounded up your flock nice and sleazy! Good on you, "lad" !
Now if you can maintain good air flow and temps round 20-25 C you'll be ace... my opinion may be crappy but that's all I can provide...

Orfeas

Old 06-19-2017, 09:00 PM #314
Old Toker

Old Toker is just really niceOld Toker is just really niceOld Toker is just really niceOld Toker is just really niceOld Toker is just really niceOld Toker is just really niceOld Toker is just really niceOld Toker is just really niceOld Toker is just really nice
Thank you gentlemen.....appreciate the support and advice. Unless someone pipes in with a different suggestion....I'm going to hang the entire plant in about 55%RH. We'll see how that goes....and adjust if necessary. Pretty much the plan for my entire grow....

Old 06-19-2017, 09:06 PM #315
Syd Barrett

Syd Barrett is a glorious beacon of lightSyd Barrett is a glorious beacon of lightSyd Barrett is a glorious beacon of lightSyd Barrett is a glorious beacon of lightSyd Barrett is a glorious beacon of lightSyd Barrett is a glorious beacon of lightSyd Barrett is a glorious beacon of lightSyd Barrett is a glorious beacon of lightSyd Barrett is a glorious beacon of lightSyd Barrett is a glorious beacon of lightSyd Barrett is a glorious beacon of light
55% for a plant hanged whole and untrimmed sounds like perfect to me Also that Panama Haze is a complete stunner!I'd let her at least two weeks more since the picture was taken,maybe three.Nice to see you get to the finish line with almost zero problems,congrats
Syd Barrett is online now Quote

Old 06-19-2017, 11:41 PM #316
Old Toker

Old Toker is just really niceOld Toker is just really niceOld Toker is just really niceOld Toker is just really niceOld Toker is just really niceOld Toker is just really niceOld Toker is just really niceOld Toker is just really niceOld Toker is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syd Barrett View Post
55% for a plant hanged whole and untrimmed sounds like perfect to me. Also that Panama Haze is a complete stunner!I'd let her at least two weeks more since the picture was taken,maybe three.Nice to see you get to the finish line with almost zero problems,congrats
Thank you Syd! Appreciate all your help in getting me here.
The pic of the PH is a little over a week old and she still needs another week of flush. This Friday is 16 weeks of 12/12 and I should have a better idea by this weekend about whether she needs additional time. I have to admit....I'm excited about trying some PH.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-20-2017, 05:51 PM #317
Old Toker

OK.....14 hours since the GTs were cut and a few newb observations that you experienced growers probably already knew.

1. Unless it's just too early for the harvested plants to REALLY smell.....then my 8" fan/filter is able to sufficiently "cleanse" the air in the garage (lung room). Very little smell in the garage....and none inside or outside the house. Pleasant surprise.....sure hope it continues.

2. Until you actually remove plants from an overcrowded vertical grow...it''s difficult to determine their actual size. The weaker GT that didn't "drink" as much....is half the size of the other GT. Buds are smaller...but definitely ready @15% or so amber. This is the one that I've been trimming buds off of for the last couple of weeks. I think her big sister just crowded her out.

3. Also surprising was how MUCH the PH had stretched behind the larger GT. If stretched out vertically....I bet the PH is 9-10' tall. YES....I will try to get a photo tonight.

Lastly....for those low life posters that enjoy hearing about my mistakes and misfortunes:
4. If you are trying to remove the entire plant ...instead of each individual branch.....have a plan for untying the branches from the vertical scrog net. I can tell you from first hand experience that cutting the main stem at the base and then working your way up the plant while untying 40+ pipe cleaners.....sounds good until those untied bud laden branches fall forward covering your head and shoulders while you are still attempting to untie the top branches....without breaking anything valuable. Sorry I don't have a photo of the Old Toker wearing a 6'+ bush over his head while stumbling out of the tent to hang it. Big fun.

Thanks again for all the help and support!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170620_120923.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	103.8 KB
ID:	417380

Last edited by Old Toker; 06-20-2017 at 06:27 PM.. Reason: Add photo
Old Toker is offline Quote

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-21-2017, 02:31 AM #318
gorilla ganja

gorilla ganja is a glorious beacon of lightgorilla ganja is a glorious beacon of lightgorilla ganja is a glorious beacon of lightgorilla ganja is a glorious beacon of lightgorilla ganja is a glorious beacon of lightgorilla ganja is a glorious beacon of lightgorilla ganja is a glorious beacon of lightgorilla ganja is a glorious beacon of lightgorilla ganja is a glorious beacon of lightgorilla ganja is a glorious beacon of lightgorilla ganja is a glorious beacon of light
Congrats on the harvest OT. I knew you would fumble your way through to some sticky buds. One way or another. I had faith the whole time.
LMAO I can just imagine you come flying out of the tent with a GT attacking you.

Again good job old chap.

Peace GG
gorilla ganja is offline Quote

Old 06-21-2017, 02:43 AM #319
Old Toker

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorilla ganja View Post
Congrats on the harvest OT.
Thank you GG!
My grow is a classic example of needing to actually do something wrong before you learn it. You can read hundreds of posts warning about not putting too many plants in too small of a space, or letting your sativas veg too long, and the importance of LST/super-cropping/pruning to keep them under control.....but...at least in my case....I actually had to make those mistakes myself to appreciate the wisdom.

Appreciate all the help and the sense of humor GG. Thanks again!

Old 06-21-2017, 03:46 AM #320
Old Toker

Here is the rest of the PH that I "discovered" behind the GTs. That wall is 60" wide and 80" tall. She is starting to yellow a little.

Decided to flush all the plants again with a couple of gallons of PH water. Also going to cut back the daily watering from 8X...to 3X...but with more runoff. Maybe 8X daily dosages of my 134 ppm water is enough to feed the girls and that's why the GTs didn't yellow as much as they should have? Can't image what difference it would make at this point. Anyone think I should stay with 8X watering schedule?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170620_210712.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	128.7 KB
ID:	417421 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170620_210748.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	119.2 KB
ID:	417422 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170620_211316.jpg
Views:	22