Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Infirmary > I Can't Figure This Out

Thread Title Search
Click to see great Glass, Pipes and Bongs at Aqua Lab!
I Can't Figure This Out Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-07-2017, 12:16 AM #1
LBones

LBones is on a distinguished road
I Can't Figure This Out

Hi all, new user here, long time reader. Hoping for a bit of advice if anyone has any insight on the issues I'm having.

I've had about 8 good runs, mainly from seed, got some good clones once, but haven't had too much success since. I generally have issues 4-5 weeks into flowering, but nothing that does enough harm to spoil me from hefty crops. I always considered my strong suit the seedling and veg stage, but lately that doesn't seem to be the case. I've started a few separate batches over the past month that all have for the most part failed(about 30 seeds and i have 2 plants that are growing ok).

I've been kicking myself for what I presumed were problems caused by me being lazy, but now on my 3rd batch of seeds(my sweet money) I'm at my wits end.

The seedlings basically get two sets of true leaves(less than 2 weeks in) and then show leaf tip burn, rapidly yellow then basically cease growth.

At first I thought the soil was too hot because it probably was(FFOF for seedlings...lazy!). I tossed the seedlings when they pretty much stopped growing.

Next batch same thing, but I used a generic, weak soil mix bought from the garden centre, which they use to start all their vegetable seedlings. Ph is always between 6.5-6.8 when watered, no feed given because I never have and not had problems.

3rd batch. I give up. I bought miracle grow seed mix... I just want some seedlings to survive! Alas, same thing.

My temps are good, they're in a closet under 2 fluorescent tubes, humidity fine, fan on while light is, door open so it doesn't get stuffy.

I'm clearly not good at being concise, but any help anyone could offer would be greatly appreciated!
LBones is offline Quote

Old 06-07-2017, 02:52 AM #2
Speed of green

Speed of green has a spectacular aura aboutSpeed of green has a spectacular aura aboutSpeed of green has a spectacular aura aboutSpeed of green has a spectacular aura aboutSpeed of green has a spectacular aura about
what are you starting your seedlings in?

get some water and note the ph and e.c, pour a small amount through a dixie cup of your medium, check the runoff ph and ec. your soil mix may be too hot.
Speed of green is offline Quote

Old 06-07-2017, 04:36 PM #3
Rastak'

Rastak' will become famous soon enoughRastak' will become famous soon enough
If you are in soil you bought in a garden shop, no need to check E.C and PH, the problem is not here.

You don't have to feed your plants during the first month (20 days mini) if you use this sort of soil. So the problem is not here.

Tell me if the 2 survivors grows well ?? Do they have yellow leaves too ?

I see 2 options :
- Over-watered
- COV (french term because i don't know how you call it in english) It means, literrally, Volatile organic compounds. You said you grew plants with success before. Did you add something in your grow room ? (plywood, linoleum, etc...)
-
Rastak' is offline Quote

Old 06-08-2017, 12:37 AM #4
LBones

LBones is on a distinguished road
The 2 survivors, meh, not so vigorous. Haven't changed anything in the room either.

I guess over watering is a possibility, but you know, I feel the weight of the pot and only water when they're light.

Thanks both very much for the input, I may check the ph and ec of the run off just out of curiosity.

I'm starting to panic as I've basically been able to smoke as much as I want for 6 years and now apparently I can't keep a plant alive for more than 2 weeks! Maybe it's a sign that I need a break lol
LBones is offline Quote

Old 06-08-2017, 11:11 AM #5
Rastak'

Rastak' will become famous soon enoughRastak' will become famous soon enough
Can you show us pics ?

What is your growroom made of ?
Rastak' is offline Quote

Old 06-08-2017, 02:08 PM #6
ozzieAI

ozzieAI is a glorious beacon of lightozzieAI is a glorious beacon of lightozzieAI is a glorious beacon of lightozzieAI is a glorious beacon of lightozzieAI is a glorious beacon of lightozzieAI is a glorious beacon of lightozzieAI is a glorious beacon of lightozzieAI is a glorious beacon of lightozzieAI is a glorious beacon of lightozzieAI is a glorious beacon of lightozzieAI is a glorious beacon of light
i had a similar experience when i used a hot batch of soil for my seeds to start off with...2 made it the others were toast...

Old 06-16-2017, 10:43 AM #7
Guy Brush

Guy Brush has a spectacular aura aboutGuy Brush has a spectacular aura aboutGuy Brush has a spectacular aura about
Any fungus gnats flying around?
Guy Brush is offline Quote

Old 06-18-2017, 01:46 AM #8
Speed of green

Speed of green has a spectacular aura aboutSpeed of green has a spectacular aura aboutSpeed of green has a spectacular aura aboutSpeed of green has a spectacular aura aboutSpeed of green has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rastak' View Post
If you are in soil you bought in a garden shop, no need to check E.C and PH, the problem is not here.

You don't have to feed your plants during the first month (20 days mini) if you use this sort of soil. So the problem is not here.

Tell me if the 2 survivors grows well ?? Do they have yellow leaves too ?

I see 2 options :
- Over-watered
- COV (french term because i don't know how you call it in english) It means, literrally, Volatile organic compounds. You said you grew plants with success before. Did you add something in your grow room ? (plywood, linoleum, etc...)
-

Because everything that comes from the grow store is perfect. no need to double check anything.

ITS ALL GOOD

Its probably something like offgassing or fusarium, maybe aliens.

We should guess randomly with no real information to base our assumptions on.
Speed of green is offline Quote

Old 06-18-2017, 01:50 AM #9
Emperortaima

Emperortaima has a spectacular aura aboutEmperortaima has a spectacular aura aboutEmperortaima has a spectacular aura about
Do you have any pest problems like fungus gnats or any devious little bastards that may inhibit seeds and or seedlings from making it? That my theory
Emperortaima is offline Quote

Old 06-19-2017, 09:50 PM #10
beanacrz

beanacrz is on a distinguished road
You never now what you'll get from garden store dirt. Maybe fine for vegetables, but cannabis is different. I use 2 parts "Promix BP" mixed with 1 part perilite when I transplant.

I think your pH is way out of range, it should be around 5.7, try starting in rockwool cubes. I keep my plants in rockwool till they are about 8-12 inches before moving to promix. Rockwool is inert and your seedlings will only get what you feed them.

You could have a pathogen you keep spreading to new batches. Throw away the cheap stuff like trays and domes and replace. Everything else should be cleaned with 10% bleach solution or H2O2.
beanacrz is offline Quote