Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Organic Soil > Why do you grow organically?

Thread Title Search
Click to buy cannabis seeds at Ace Seeds
Why do you grow organically? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-14-2017, 12:36 AM #121
Orrie

Always tried to grow in a sustainable and earth friendly way
No other paradigm seems to fit that bill (that I know of)

Old 06-14-2017, 12:52 AM #122
Emperortaima

Emperortaima is just really niceEmperortaima is just really niceEmperortaima is just really niceEmperortaima is just really niceEmperortaima is just really niceEmperortaima is just really niceEmperortaima is just really niceEmperortaima is just really niceEmperortaima is just really niceEmperortaima is just really niceEmperortaima is just really nice
Imo organic cannabis tastes better and has a better high/stone when it switched to tlo in was astounded by the harvested flowers it was better than anything in had ever tried before and the genetics had it's part in it too i grew obs gear some genetics bone madd and dj shorts best smoke hands down sad part too they were harvested a few weeks before ready and the buds were gooey and sticky and stinky as hell became obsessed with the flavor and smoked it all too quick haha
Emperortaima is offline Quote

Old 06-14-2017, 12:56 AM #123
Emperortaima

Emperortaima is just really niceEmperortaima is just really niceEmperortaima is just really niceEmperortaima is just really niceEmperortaima is just really niceEmperortaima is just really niceEmperortaima is just really niceEmperortaima is just really niceEmperortaima is just really niceEmperortaima is just really niceEmperortaima is just really nice
When I switched to tlo**

It was better than anything I had ever tried before***

Sorry damn auto shit making me post shit all screwed up...
It won't let me edit either so this post is to show me correcting my typing mistakes....
Emperortaima is offline Quote

Old 06-14-2017, 09:38 AM #124
Douglas.Curtis

Douglas.Curtis is a splendid one to beholdDouglas.Curtis is a splendid one to beholdDouglas.Curtis is a splendid one to beholdDouglas.Curtis is a splendid one to beholdDouglas.Curtis is a splendid one to beholdDouglas.Curtis is a splendid one to beholdDouglas.Curtis is a splendid one to beholdDouglas.Curtis is a splendid one to beholdDouglas.Curtis is a splendid one to beholdDouglas.Curtis is a splendid one to beholdDouglas.Curtis is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperortaima View Post
Imo organic cannabis tastes better and has a better high/stone when it switched to tlo in was astounded by the harvested flowers it was better than anything in had ever tried before
If you don't mind my asking...

Since you brought up your experience, let's get a finer definition. How many non-prohibition sources did you sample? How many places have you lived and sourced cannabis? How many decades have you sourced cannabis? How many growers have you known, where you were fully aware of how the cannabis was grown?

Everything is relative, just attempting to put your opinion in perspective.
Douglas.Curtis is offline Quote

Old 06-14-2017, 11:10 AM #125
hard rain

hard rain is just really nicehard rain is just really nicehard rain is just really nicehard rain is just really nicehard rain is just really nicehard rain is just really nicehard rain is just really nicehard rain is just really nicehard rain is just really nicehard rain is just really nicehard rain is just really nice
I choose to grow organic as it is dirt cheap, easy to grow once you get the hang of it, and I do think the buds taste better. I have grown both ways, the last 10 years or so organic.

I care a lot about the environment. Organics is so much better. You don't have to worry about nutrient runoff, the growing media, bottles or packets of fertilizer.

I have nothing against hydroponics apart from it's waste and damage to the environment. I worked for many years in a commercial hydroponic business. Most of us consume hydroponic veges without realising. I don't think it's unhealthy, just that organic is better for us, better for the planet.

On the subject of cost, I've spent about $100 on fertilizer in 10 years and still have most of it left. I recycle potting mixes. I make a lot of my own fertilizer, worm farm products, human urine, bokashi bin, friends chicken poo e.t.c. Not to mention organic teas which are also super cheap. There's a lot you can do for little.

Last edited by hard rain; 06-14-2017 at 11:48 AM..
hard rain is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-14-2017, 09:26 PM #126
Easy7

Easy7 is a glorious beacon of lightEasy7 is a glorious beacon of lightEasy7 is a glorious beacon of lightEasy7 is a glorious beacon of lightEasy7 is a glorious beacon of lightEasy7 is a glorious beacon of lightEasy7 is a glorious beacon of lightEasy7 is a glorious beacon of lightEasy7 is a glorious beacon of lightEasy7 is a glorious beacon of lightEasy7 is a glorious beacon of light
Starting to wonder if a chem hydro run would make some sense 1 out of 3 grows a year. PBP and other bottled nutrients are crazy expensive. Just can't make it worth it to run hydro with all the natural and close to natural nutrients in a bottle.

The only think I would want to add would be humic acid for the ph swing. But as mentioned earlier general hydroponic dry chems are dirt cheap. Never did a strait chem grow in my life. So sorta curious.

Seems all the lessons over the years have been largely PBP or bulk organics. Some people swear by floranova. Haven't tried all the styles as of yet.

Old 06-14-2017, 10:25 PM #127
Jhhnn

Jhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy7 View Post
Starting to wonder if a chem hydro run would make some sense 1 out of 3 grows a year. PBP and other bottled nutrients are crazy expensive. Just can't make it worth it to run hydro with all the natural and close to natural nutrients in a bottle.

The only think I would want to add would be humic acid for the ph swing. But as mentioned earlier general hydroponic dry chems are dirt cheap. Never did a strait chem grow in my life. So sorta curious.

Seems all the lessons over the years have been largely PBP or bulk organics. Some people swear by floranova. Haven't tried all the styles as of yet.
Really good indoor soilless mixes haven't been cheap for me at all. I joke that the recipe I have makes the most expensive potting mix in the world. If I were much more knowledgeable about the subject I could probably do it cheaper. What I'm sure of is that it's dynamite with blumats.

Outdoor soils are a different realm entirely. Paying for analysis of the native soil gives a grower a baseline & a clue as to any deficiencies that may exist.
Jhhnn is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-18-2017, 04:57 AM #128
OGFUNTIME

OGFUNTIME is on a distinguished road
I am passionate about organic farming because of the economic and environmental benefits. My mom got into organics before I came about, so I first thought organic was the only option. However, I didn't realize until a couple years into gardening that using products labeled "organic" wasn't always natural. I then started learning about the soil food web and Korean Natural Farming. Now I am about three years into my quest and I am still learning from nature everyday.
OGFUNTIME is offline Quote

Old 06-18-2017, 05:27 AM #129
Bud Green Sr.
I dig dirt

Bud Green Sr. is a survivorBud Green Sr. is a survivorBud Green Sr. is a survivorBud Green Sr. is a survivorBud Green Sr. is a survivorBud Green Sr. is a survivorBud Green Sr. is a survivorBud Green Sr. is a survivorBud Green Sr. is a survivorBud Green Sr. is a survivorBud Green Sr. is a survivor
If you live in the country and grow outdoors, there's no reason not to grow organically...

Isn't Mother Nature grand !
Bud Green Sr. is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-19-2017, 10:25 PM #130
Nico Farmer

Nico Farmer is a glorious beacon of lightNico Farmer is a glorious beacon of lightNico Farmer is a glorious beacon of lightNico Farmer is a glorious beacon of lightNico Farmer is a glorious beacon of lightNico Farmer is a glorious beacon of lightNico Farmer is a glorious beacon of lightNico Farmer is a glorious beacon of lightNico Farmer is a glorious beacon of lightNico Farmer is a glorious beacon of lightNico Farmer is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud Green Sr. View Post
If you live in the country and grow outdoors, there's no reason not to grow organically...
For sure
Nico Farmer is offline Quote