Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Chimera Genetics / Breeders Retail > Sweet Skunk and her X's

Thread Title Search
Sweet Skunk and her X's Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-04-2017, 04:15 PM #191
Selfscience7

Selfscience7 will become famous soon enough
The more I keep digging into Chimera genetics, the more u realize that his work is on a superior level. Fucking with Chimera you know you ain't going to waste your time with junk material. Like I've mentioned before, I've tried 3 strains and they just outstanding! The kind of medicated effect these girls give you are special in their own way and the duration is 3 hours plus!! Yo Chimera I'm glad you're in the game pushing out these quality exclusive genetics to the people! Salute!!
Selfscience7 is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-04-2017, 10:19 PM #192
Jahaze

Jahaze is just really niceJahaze is just really niceJahaze is just really niceJahaze is just really niceJahaze is just really niceJahaze is just really niceJahaze is just really niceJahaze is just really niceJahaze is just really niceJahaze is just really niceJahaze is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkhorn123 View Post
Jahaze I love the way your working these SSx's. About how tall are they when you flower them and where are you topping them?
I usually try and pinch them anywhere from the 5th-7th node. Also really depends on the varietal as some stretched more than others. The bubba and medina both stretched only maybe 2x.... Bubba slightly more. The SS s1 and other more equatorial crosses must be trained unless you have room because they stretch. Once I'm happy with the training usually put them in about 18 inches tall. I'll post some pics of the current girls.
Jahaze is offline Quote

Old 06-05-2017, 01:50 AM #193
Jahaze

Jahaze is just really niceJahaze is just really niceJahaze is just really niceJahaze is just really niceJahaze is just really niceJahaze is just really niceJahaze is just really niceJahaze is just really niceJahaze is just really niceJahaze is just really niceJahaze is just really nice
Post Sweet skunk s1

Of the two sweet skunk gals this is the one I decided to keep and run again. Both where almost similar in taste with this one having a brighter lemon peel flavor that appealed to me more. Both had the incense aroma when burned. Excellent smoking ganja which I don't mind lighting in the house because the smell is enticing. The effect is powerful but manageable high...no real body effect is noticeable. Has a spicy lemon twist very reminiscent of haze which I love. I enjoy the dry pull on this almost as much as smoking it. Very tasty for sure...this one will hang around for a while. The pics should show a plant with multiple spears that produce copious buds along the length of the branch. I trained her for about 7 or so spears which I hope will flil out in my tight flower room...so far she isn't disappointing. Not the easiest plant to clone however.

Jahaze is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-05-2017, 02:33 AM #194
Jahaze

Sweet & SourD

SdxSs third run of this particular plant. Heavy on the sour citrus smell with a touch of fuel and long lemony finish on the exhale. One of the easiest SS crosses with almost no intervention on my part: plant, water and she pretty much does everything else. The high comes on super quick and rockets you into the stratosphere...

Jahaze is offline Quote

7 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-05-2017, 05:55 PM #195
Jahaze

Haze x SS week 9

this is another SI from seed on week 9. I have struggled to keep her happy as she continues to drop leaves and always seems like she is on the verge of consuming herself. Close inspection of the flower however shows a continuously bulking up of the bud and resin production is really impressive. This plant does not lean towards the SS side and has the same chunky bud structure as a hazexJack I grew out in the past. She had a eucalyptus smell initially but that has somewhat faded or morphed really with the lemony funk of the SS. It doesn't smell like a straight up SS however...she has a very sweet smell with a definite lemon spice aroma. sorry for the terrible pics. I'll post pics again at harvest time and try and get a closeup of the flowers.

Jahaze is offline Quote

Old 06-05-2017, 06:05 PM #196
Jahaze

Medina x SS (XL)

This is the XL with the funky meristem from late last year that I let grow natural. She is about 20 inches right now and want to see how tall she gets in flower. Last run she only stretched about 2x but she had also been topped several times. I have noticed that the SS plays nice with broader leafed mates. She imparts a nice hazy quality to the smoke and the limonene twist brightens the smoke and lightens the effect. The bubba, master, medina, and schnazz Ive tried have all been really good. I suspect the Island Purps mated to the SS will produce some really good results as well.

Jahaze is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-05-2017, 07:14 PM #197
pangolin

pangolin has a spectacular aura aboutpangolin has a spectacular aura aboutpangolin has a spectacular aura aboutpangolin has a spectacular aura aboutpangolin has a spectacular aura about
Some real beauties there.

Really beefy the SI flowers, should yield nicely?

I love the look to the broadleaf SS X's, your medina and window's Island Purps really catch my eye.

Cheers for cataloging these varieties, comprehensive resource here!
pangolin is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-19-2017, 05:12 PM #198
Jahaze

Simply Irresistible Week 11

This one is near the end and will probably get the ax sometime in the next week. She really consumed most of her larger fan leaves and I had to supplement these last two weeks. Not sure where I went wrong as all the containers have the same medium and measured compost mixture. She still continued to grow and pack on bud weight however so really perplexing. The rooms have been hotter than normal and the medium has dried out several times during the grow so maybe that contributed to her present state. Aside from her ugly looks, her buds are moist, supple and very resinous. The smell has turned into a bright lemon spicy type of smell. Trichomes are mostly opaque with some amber and even fewer clear heads.

Jahaze is offline Quote

Old 06-19-2017, 05:16 PM #199
Jahaze

Hightest x SS

this is the HT from the last run...my attempts at a reveg worked out nicely. I've just started to smoke the harvested plant and oh boy does it punch! Tasty lemon diesel with a nice piney OG flavor. The effect comes on super fast and lasts a while. Ill post a bud pic soon with a bit more detail on my impressions.

Jahaze is offline Quote

Old 06-20-2017, 02:06 PM #200
canna.ballistic

canna.ballistic has a spectacular aura aboutcanna.ballistic has a spectacular aura aboutcanna.ballistic has a spectacular aura aboutcanna.ballistic has a spectacular aura aboutcanna.ballistic has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jahaze View Post
This one is near the end and will probably get the ax sometime in the next week. She really consumed most of her larger fan leaves and I had to supplement these last two weeks. Not sure where I went wrong as all the containers have the same medium and measured compost mixture. She still continued to grow and pack on bud weight however so really perplexing. The rooms have been hotter than normal and the medium has dried out several times during the grow so maybe that contributed to her present state. Aside from her ugly looks, her buds are moist, supple and very resinous. The smell has turned into a bright lemon spicy type of smell. Trichomes are mostly opaque with some amber and even fewer clear heads.
Jahaze ... interesting about your SI consuming her leaves about half way through flowering. I found the same issue with the SI I grew, and had to increase the feeding over the last few weeks of flowering ... by the end she had lost probably 60% of her fan leaves, and looked very naked !!

She had the same feeding regime and conditions as the other plants up to that point (including a couple of 8' Highland Mex x Blueberry plants) ... the fan leaves on all of the other plants looked fine until the last couple of weeks of flowering (when they started their usual yellowing off), so it appears the SI may be a very heavy feeder during the first half of the flowering period when the stretch phase is underway.

Like yours, she still ended up with nice plumpish resinous buds ... she's had a month of curing now, and smells of sweet cough drops.

Something to watch out for ... I found she dried very quickly (presumably due to the natural uptake and dropping of the fan leaves) and was in the jars at under 70%RH in 4 days ... about twice as fast as everything else under the same drying conditions.
canna.ballistic is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.