What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Gelato -- name vs number

M

_mr.hendrix__

:tiphat: Anyone knows which gelato is which

Ive seen @sherbinski415 has the Mochi , Acaiberry , Gello and Bacio Gelato.

I've also seen people call them by numbers, Gelato33 , Gelato25 , Gelato41 , Gelato45, etc...

Can someone please help me figure out which is which, i'd like to know if the Mochi Gelato is the Gelato33 and so on..

:thank you:

lots of goof info here, but cant seem to find an answer to which gelato is which :
https://www.leafly.com/news/strains-products/leaflys-2018-strain-of-the-year

https://cannabisnow.com/sherbinski-sitdown-gelato/

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Mochi is #45.

**EDIT** I was wrong. Thanks for the #411. :joint:

1 is gello
25 is bonds
33 is bird
41 is bacio
45 is acia
47 is mochi

dank.Frank

Last edited:
M

_mr.hendrix__

thanks for the help guys. :thank you:

hey dank.frank . wasuuuuuuuuup f.a.m :biggrin:

on this post you can see sherbinski calls the Acai Berry Gelato , Gelato49...
https://www.instagram.com/p/BvYqs6rHvQ-/

and i trust dank frank so that leaves mochi with # 45

i'd still like to know the relationship between #33, #25 , #41 , and the names Gello, Bacio.

also, anyone knows any differences between the cuts? :biggrin:

Last edited:

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Cannavore is usually 100% correct and up to date on his gene pools. Generally much more so than I am these days. I only happen to know about the Mochi because I spent several hours researching it just yesterday when looking over different Karma Genetics testers he was offering...

If not for that happenstance, I'd have been clueless.

dank.Frank

Last edited:
M

_mr.hendrix__

im pretty sure acai is #49 and not #45 .. that info comes from sherbinskis IG.

gotta admit, this is more confusing than it should be :peacock:

M

_mr.hendrix__

just answered myself.. also it appears some of the prev info is incorrect.

heres the info on Gello Gelato.. straight from Sherbinskis IG.
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bxn9OgbHBUC/

Gello Gelato, aka #Gelato43, was selected mainly because of its unique terpene profile which leans more towards its OG heritage. The O in Gello is a nod to OG.

M

_mr.hendrix__

ive only had the Gelato 43 and it was awesome. purple super tasty, reminded me of the 90's FL hashplant.. almost like a sweet headband. chemy/sour backend with herbal essences shampoo upfront :biggrin:

:rtfo:

JetLife175

Veteran
420giveaway
thanks for the help guys. :thank you:

hey dank.frank . wasuuuuuuuuup f.a.m :biggrin:

on this post you can see sherbinski calls the Acai Berry Gelato , Gelato49...
https://www.instagram.com/p/BvYqs6rHvQ-/

and i trust dank frank so that leaves mochi with # 45

i'd still like to know the relationship between #33, #25 , #41 , and the names Gello, Bacio.

also, anyone knows any differences between the cuts? :biggrin:

So they all came from the same seed batch. If you look up Berner gelato pheno hunt something should come up. They documented all of it, did testing with steep hill and really tried to narrow down the winners. The only ones that had a name early was the bonds and bird. Every other one the Names came way later. Maybe up to two years or so. Just a way to rebrand them as if they were actually something different and not a pheno of the same cross.

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
Smoked a few phenos ive had very poorly grown and poorly stored mochi and not sure of the other i was fortunate to get from a few sheisty ganj dealers.. one these days ill grow a few cuts to have better judgement as my homegrown is the cleanest stuff in my state alone...

F

Frylock

Does anyone know if Dank Genetics is legitimate?

I have some of the Dankalato seeds which is supposed to be Gelato #33 x Sunset Sherbert but i bought them on a whim a while ago and have since wondered if they were shady.

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
Does anyone know if Dank Genetics is legitimate?

I have some of the Dankalato seeds which is supposed to be Gelato #33 x Sunset Sherbert but i bought them on a whim a while ago and have since wondered if they were shady.

Is the seed (S-1) or what most call "Feminised"?

F

Frylock

It is feminized but is not an S1.... they are not necessarily the same thing.

dank genetics is the bomb. they make some pretty good crosses. I think you will be happy. if im not mistaken, sunset sherbert is a parent of gelato. so you should get some pretty uniform and legit cookie plants outta those seeds. Im chopping down a pheno of icecream cake on the 21st and its a heavy gelato leaner from what I can observe, love me some gelato. seems to be by far, the most popular cookie camp out there right now.

F

Frylock

dank genetics is the bomb. they make some pretty good crosses. I think you will be happy. if im not mistaken, sunset sherbert is a parent of gelato. so you should get some pretty uniform and legit cookie plants outta those seeds. Im chopping down a pheno of icecream cake on the 21st and its a heavy gelato leaner from what I can observe, love me some gelato. seems to be by far, the most popular cookie camp out there right now.

I'll get around to them.... some time.
Thanks for the reply though. :)

I had an order of seeds not make it to me recently which kind of feels like a blessing in disguise, strangely enough.
It leaves a bad taste in my mouth and brought me back into reality.
I had gotten caught up in collecting the latest 'fancy' kind of seeds, it ended up feeling like i was chasing my tail, i'm going to start playing with some of my own crosses i have made over the years.... i think i have pretty much experienced a good cross section of the wide spectrum of flavors and effects, i'm more interested in revisiting my favorite genetics that i came across and made seeds of.
I don't care what other people have or what the latest and greatest 'hype' strains are, i know what i like and that's all that matters, and made crosses of the best i found for the rainy day that i knew would eventually come.

I'm more interested in collecting vegetable seeds now. :ying: