What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Gry could use your thoughts, prayers, meditations, or what ever you have to offer

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
....Someone had paid his very notable utility bill in full, and while he used some of the last of his money he had to make a payment, he is now paid ahead by that amount, with incoming resources of variable and (to some degree) unknown types and values. All of it, no doubt, positive.....

Hats off to the Secret Santa!:tiphat:

Vash

Ol' Skool
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Damn, don't know the brother but I'm sending GOOD karma GRY's way hoping things turn around. Consume as much plant matter as possible, and get that body as alkaline as possible. Dis-ease feeds off acidity. With that being said, whatever I can do to help out, let me know, moose. Gonna send you a PM.

kaochiu

Veteran
Sorry to hear about Gry's troubles, glad to hear about people's response to Gry. As i don't pray, at least not naturally, he'll have to do with good old vibes from a fellow toker accross the ocean.
Gry is a good guy and his posts reflects that beyond what he says on them, so tell him he deserves support, but he must get well soon as only acceptable response. Also you Moose, thanks for bringing this to attention, your behavior honors you and honors the forum and its members. And everyone else, too, good to see good people in positive action.

baduy

I have read a few posts and interacted very little with Gry but enough to see that he is one of the nicest human beings on this forum. Love and well wishes from over the Atlantic Gry

M

moose eater

By noon yesterday, Gry was back to sounding very tired and (mildly) confused. The energy from the morning's surprises yesterday also burned some 'fuel' I think. But I think the positive excitement, despite confusion accompanying it, was a good thing overall. For sure.

This morning he was making himself some tea, and was sounding tired again, and taxed to try and communicate too much.

I didn't inquire about the technicalities of running money through an account with his name on it, but he gave a nod to Amazon Gift cards, which can be gotten to him via a number of options.

(**Edit: He still needs to set up an Amazon acct., and that'll take a moment or 2 of clarity, and some focus).

Yesterday morning, he told me he'd gone to the store (? or someone else did?) nearby, and gotten some sort of soup that was alleged to have veggies and other items in it, suitable for a vegan diet. initially there was very little visible substance in it, other than a thinner broth, but I'm guessing all the goodies on the label were either pureed, or were cooked down to the point of being incorporated into the liquid. He said that the end result was to feel a fair bit of energy back in his system. (*Added; It had taken 2 rounds to get the can of soup down, but he did so).

One of the more serious issues when chronically nauseated/nauseous, AND battling with disabling other health issues, is trying to keep a person's strength up. though the soup's appearance was initially disappointing to him, it apparently provided the boost he needed.

The 2 boxes I sent arrived yesterday, and I told him to keep an eye open for the other gifts and resources others have sent, as he said the postal service typically delivers directly to the house.

I asked him yesterday if he was up to coming on-line to ICM and reading the thread here, to see all the folks wishing him well, and he wasn't ready to do that yet. but I assume he will in the near future. He's both humbled and thankful.

Today's my 30th wedding anniversary, and I've got a ton of stuff to get done here before this evening's events, though I'll be checking PMs and such, and may call Gry back later in the day.

Thanks for everyone's good will toward Gry's circumstances, and care shown for Gry. I view this showing of love as his Karma coming back for him when he needs it.

buzzmobile

Veteran
Happy Anniversary, moose eater. My wife and I have 8 years on you two lovebirds. I appreciate the updates you are providing.

X

xavier7995

Thats real nice of you moose eater. Good luck to you gry, i only have positive thoughts to send but hope things swing back up.

M

moose eater

Thank you folks.

Please keep in mind that there are generous folks within this thread, and outside of it, who are quietly giving a number of types of aid to/for Gry, and who respect Gry for the person he has been, or for the respect they see others holding toward him.

I told someone the other day, and I had to pull back some tears, because this strikes home in numerous ways, not only who Gry is, but his status in the world, his physical community, but his role as a catalyst or vortex socially here at ICM.

Look at the names of folks in this thread who express sincere appreciation for Gry. His politics are no secret, and there are folks from all sides of what ever aisles, or many points on the socio-political continuum, who have been touched by his genuine respect for nearly everyone he replies to or addresses, even when he disagrees (in which cases, I can't recall him ever getting as wrapped around the axle in his replies as some of us have).

This diverse array of folks apparently feels a need to express their appreciation for him. People who are sometimes telling each other to fuck off and die, have this person in common as a meaningful part in their discourse and social life.

Truly, such persons are rare these days. When have we seen Gry mock someone, or be terse and rude in his confrontation, even when he was annoyed. I'm not saying it hasn't happened, and he's certainly confided some tensions about life and politics, but I've never seen him be anything but caring or balanced in his efforts. And he takes note of others struggles and makes an effort to lessen others pain, even when he doesn't hardly know them.

If Gry were a disease, I'd take a vial of him, and put it into the D.C. water system, among others, and, fingers crossed, it would spread like a plague.

Thanks for everything everyone is doing to help out. From prayers, to packages, to....

M

Mr D

Thank you folks.

Please keep in mind that there are generous folks within this thread, and outside of it, who are quietly giving a number of types of aid to/for Gry, and who respect Gry for the person he has been, or for the respect they see others holding toward him.

I told someone the other day, and I had to pull back some tears, because this strikes home in numerous ways, not only who Gry is, but his status in the world, his physical community, but his role as a catalyst or vortex socially here at ICM.

Look at the names of folks in this thread who express sincere appreciation for Gry. His politics are no secret, and there are folks from all sides of what ever aisles, or many points on the socio-political continuum, who have been touched by his genuine respect for nearly everyone he replies to or addresses, even when he disagrees (in which cases, I can't recall him ever getting as wrapped around the axle in his replies as some of us have).

This diverse array of folks apparently feels a need to express their appreciation for him. People who are sometimes telling each other to fuck off and die, have this person in common as a meaningful part in their discourse and social life.

Truly, such persons are rare these days. When have we seen Gry mock someone, or be terse and rude in his confrontation, even when he was annoyed. I'm not saying it hasn't happened, and he's certainly confided some tensions about life and politics, but I've never seen him be anything but caring or balanced in his efforts. And he takes note of others struggles and makes an effort to lessen others pain, even when he doesn't hardly know them.

If Gry were a disease, I'd take a vial of him, and put it into the D.C. water system, among others, and, fingers crossed, it would spread like a plague.

Thanks for everything everyone is doing to help out. From prayers, to packages, to....

Thanks for all you are doing and have done. Happy Anniversary!!!

I think I speak for those of us who have had some political differences of opinion with Gry when I say his humanity and kindness knows no bounds. I sure hope he can rejoin us at some point.

Lost in a SOG

GrassSnakeGenetics
Can someone buy the guy some:

fungi perfecti cordyceps capsules.. having consulted with gry i think they would be ideal for his illness and bring some relief and strength. I would if i could but im slipping on looking after myself right now.

Gry youve always been a priceless friend of mine on IC, and in life really since IC extends well into my life, and always helped me feel supported in my views and have the confidence to express them, Im just so sorry im 3500 miles away bud, annoying i learned the skills i learned but without seeing a person face to face i can hardly use them. Love ya and best healing vibes :ying:

M

moose eater

Thanks, Lost.

Last evening I'd copied the referenced capsule I.D. from your post, but failed to search for them. This A.M. I PM'ed with another forum member who's going to contact you about the caps. I'm not at all familiar with them.

I tried to phone Gry 2x's this morning, about an hour between each call. He just returned the call a moment ago. Said that he'd ordered some Thai basil soup last night, with some veggies in it, and had managed to keep it down. He thinks he's now taking in ~1/2-gallon of H2O in 24 hours, which is an improvement over earlier reports..

Last evening I checked in with him via phone.

He'd gotten a second package, but hadn't opened it at that time, and was still fairly weak. He said he'd had a rough day. Same-same this A.M.

He's currently trying to stay in bed, and to eat more. Keeping down the soup with solids in it yesterday evening was good.

Another member has ordered some potable water to be delivered to him, though I believe that's about a week out now until delivery. Water intake has been a serious issue for Gry, and he said it was near 100 f. yesterday, though only about 85 f today.

He aborted a clinic appointment today, as he lacked energy, and is consciously trying to conserve.

The immediate future is still an unknown. I'm hoping he's able to regain some energy, mobility, and get the sleep and nourishment/hydration he needs.

SolarLogos

God doesn't care if you believe or not. "Ask and it shall be given." Period.
Not "Ask and it shall be given if you're a believer." lol

Absolutely I'll pray for Gry to get better. I'll even send my personal guardian angel with explicit instruction to "Give the brother what he needs. Don't be cheap and be quick about it."
Couldn't have said it better my friend. Whether it be ritual, prayer, or just good thoughts, may all of our love and healing energies find you, and in good spirit Gry. You will get better soon, keep your faith my friend.
Peace, God bless

Badfishy1

Thanks, Lost.

Last evening I'd copied the referenced capsule I.D. from your post, but failed to search for them. This A.M. I PM'ed with another forum member who's going to contact you about the caps. I'm not at all familiar with them.

I tried to phone Gry 2x's this morning, about an hour between each call. He just returned the call a moment ago. Said that he'd ordered some Thai basil soup last night, with some veggies in it, and had managed to keep it down. He thinks he's now taking in ~1/2-gallon of H2O in 24 hours, which is an improvement over earlier reports..

Last evening I checked in with him via phone.

He'd gotten a second package, but hadn't opened it at that time, and was still fairly weak. He said he'd had a rough day. Same-same this A.M.

He's currently trying to stay in bed, and to eat more. Keeping down the soup with solids in it yesterday evening was good.

Another member has ordered some potable water to be delivered to him, though I believe that's about a week out now until delivery. Water intake has been a serious issue for Gry, and he said it was near 100 f. yesterday, though only about 85 f today.

He aborted a clinic appointment today, as he lacked energy, and is consciously trying to conserve.

The immediate future is still an unknown. I'm hoping he's able to regain some energy, mobility, and get the sleep and nourishment/hydration he needs.

Awesome to hear the man was able to get his Thai! I know the last few times we spoke he brought up how much he loves his lemon basil soup!

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
From what I know, Gry doesn't like doctors/Western Medicine, but I really think he needs to go....pronto! Once stabilized, I can see using fungi for energy support.

M

moose eater

Yes, AB, he's been screwed over by misdiagnoses/procedures in the past, and his (deceased) wife was a health care pro, who also saw significant potential in the modern health care field for incompetence & greed to take a toll on those served. That's my understanding.

I'm more than a bit worried for Gry, and have been..

Hydration and energy, by way of food and water intake, is key right now. Without proper hydration, already injured organs can't function properly, and things will deteriorate, probably quickly. Nausea interferes with that, as does mobility.

Self-determination is a moral human right, in my book, but I wish, very seriously, that someone were there to coax Gry into seeking a source of medical care for an assessment, and maybe an IV for purpose of hydration, at a minimum..

The clinic visit he skipped earlier was not what some might assume; it pertained to the lesser intoxicating Rx pain relief.

From a far distance, at this point, with the only information I have being Gry's reports, and his speech sometimes being a challenge for my compromised hearing, his intermittent confusion & ease with which he's overwhelmed, coupled with physical weakness, all add up to signs of deterioration..

I seldom pray, but I've prayed several times for Gry in the past couple days.

Death is a normal function of life, and I don't know that Gry is there yet. I hope not. But suffering for long periods, that's not necessary, imo.

Badfishy1

Yes, AB, he's been screwed over by misdiagnoses/procedures in the past, and his (deceased) wife was a health care pro, who also saw significant potential in the modern health care field for incompetence & greed to take a toll on those served. That's my understanding.

I'm more than a bit worried for Gry, and have been..

Hydration and energy, by way of food and water intake, is key right now. Without proper hydration, already injured organs can't function properly, and things will deteriorate, probably quickly. Nausea interferes with that, as does mobility.

Self-determination is a moral human right, in my book, but I wish, very seriously, that someone were there to coax Gry into seeking a source of medical care for an assessment, and maybe an IV for purpose of hydration, at a minimum..

The clinic visit he skipped earlier was not what some might assume; it pertained to the lesser intoxicating Rx pain relief.

From a far distance, at this point, with the only information I have being Gry's reports, and his speech sometimes being a challenge for my compromised hearing, his intermittent confusion & ease with which he's overwhelmed, coupled with physical weakness, all add up to signs of deterioration..

I seldom pray, but I've prayed several times for Gry in the past couple days.

Death is a normal function of life, and I don't know that Gry is there yet. I hope not. But suffering for long periods, that's not necessary, imo.

Yeah the issue with his wife has really changed his view on modern medicine. One issue is his lack of trust for prescription. Unfortunately, I think his financial situation is also a ‘concern’ of his with regards to going to the doctor. I wish I was local and able to go and take him to seek help.

M

moose eater

I phoned Gry a little bit ago, intending to urge him to seek a clinic, knowing he wants to stay with his cats. His room mate is reportedly out of town for an extended gig, and Gry doesn't know for sure when he'll be back

We spoke about some specifics in his life, now and past, and he got angry; not at me, but at the focus of the discussion. I noted to him that he was more clear and energized when he's angry. I think he chuckled. I KNOW I did. ;^>)

He thinks he'll have more energy in the next day or 2, and I asked if that's his brain or body telling him that. He wants to believe he'll be getting stronger soon. He -is- able to get more water down now, and some food, too.

Not 'outing' anyone's gifts, as that's for the senders, but I will say that Gry had not yet collected his mail from the door, or opened it when I'd phoned. I knew he was expecting some envelopes and packages from members here. He collected his mail while I was on the phone.

There are generous members here. He opened 3 envelopes while I was waiting; they came from three very different points on the map, all of them were very generous. Gry was very thankful.

He's opening the 2 boxes that he hadn't opened yet. He'll call back when he gets through them.

I'm excited for him, and like the 2 aging sisters in 'Steel Magnolias,' I think we may need to hire someone to mildly piss him off now and again, in benign ways, of course; it seems to energize him a fair bit. ;^>)

He'll send me his room-mate's cell number very soon so I can speak with him about when he might be home, so maybe he can watch Gry's cats long enough for Gry to get into a clinic or hospital for a thorough assessment.

Green Squall

Moose, anyway you could convince Gry to temporarily stray from his vegan diet? I'm thinking some beef broth with vegetables could do a lot in the way of energy and sustenance.