What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Rosin vs Qwiso

tiffa

Which is the more powerful hit do you reckon peeps?

Also, which one is bigger ball ache to make overall?

Cheers

mexweed

Veteran
depends, you can make pure thc crystals with the correct equipment and technique with rosin, but real presses are pricey, you can end up with a nicely refined shatter with qwiso for cheaper but requires some lab equipment

obviously rosin doesn't require purging, a smaller DIY rosin set up is probably the least hassle once it's up and running

One thing to consider is that ISO likes to grab terps and not let go.

Your rosin has the chance of having a more "full spectrum" of the initial Terpenes, which certainly modulate the experience when smoked

EsterEssence

Veteran
Qwiso is a solvent based product, Rosin is heat pressed, no solvent. I would much rather vape rosin...

Ringodoggie

Premium user
Another vote for rosin. Fuck that solvent. Can you say 'footprint'. I have a DabPress rosin press that takes minutes to heat up and presses a few days worth of rosin in seconds.

I use ethanol and iso for cleaning.

JRace

I make both (QWET and Rosin)

I prefer to make Rosin its far quicker for small amounts (< 5g), but QWET makes more yield (>14g) with less work - just takes days to reclaim the ethanol.

For smoking I find the Rosin hits the head hard and fast, and then dissipates quick.
The QWET is much more of a body stone and lingers longer.

My wife who has a severe Neuropathic disorder (CRPS) says the QWET is hands down the best for pain relief and sleep.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
I make both (QWET and Rosin)

I prefer to make Rosin its far quicker for small amounts (< 5g), but QWET makes more yield (>14g) with less work - just takes days to reclaim the ethanol.

For smoking I find the Rosin hits the head hard and fast, and then dissipates quick.
The QWET is much more of a body stone and lingers longer.

My wife who has a severe Neuropathic disorder (CRPS) says the QWET is hands down the best for pain relief and sleep.
Awesome, and thanks! I too have neuropathic pain. :D

EsterEssence

Veteran
I have severe neuropathy as well, I make oil with ethanol, as cold as I can soak it in my freezer. After I evaporate the alcohol I mix 2.5 gm oil into 13gm of MCT oil into a eye dropper bottle and use half a dropper full to help with sleep. The only problem I have had with it is super dry mouth if I wake up.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
I have severe neuropathy as well, I make oil with ethanol, as cold as I can soak it in my freezer. After I evaporate the alcohol I mix 2.5 gm oil into 13gm of MCT oil into a eye dropper bottle and use half a dropper full to help with sleep. The only problem I have had with it is super dry mouth if I wake up.
Toast some brown or white rice flour until it's a dark brown. Use it as an excipient powder and chop your oil into it. Make capsules and it should cut down on dry mouth, plus eliminate all flavor. :)

EsterEssence

Veteran
Toast some brown or white rice flour until it's a dark brown. Use it as an excipient powder and chop your oil into it. Make capsules and it should cut down on dry mouth, plus eliminate all flavor. :)

Thanks for the idea, I was using the dropper to do a sublingual, but I will try the flour and cap method maybe it will help, my foot burned all night, not much sleep. The pharma they give me worked at first but now not so much, and I’m not going to do any strong opiate...

indagroove

Veteran
I'd stay away from QWISO completely. I made a good amount of QWISO in the past, and had weird hangovers from it. If you wanna use that technique, use ethanol.

gr866

Veteran
I'd stay away from QWISO completely. I made a good amount of QWISO in the past, and had weird hangovers from it. If you wanna use that technique, use ethanol.

I too use the frozen method to make FECO using Everclear or other 190 proof alcohol.
I use an oil extractor that recaptures about 75% of the alcohol, and after decarb in oven and cooking off the small amount of alcohol gives me what I think is a very good product.
I have decarbed in the oven but have also decarbed after extraction on the stove top using an oil bath, I think I get a cleaner product decarbing after extraction.
I use both decarbed Rosin and FECO to make gummy's and hard candies. Both contain 45 to 50 mg of either oil per candy. I do three in the morning and 3 at night as a wellness dose. Since I made the Life Saver Wild Cherry hard candies I don't think I will be making many gummies or FECO anymore.
Did the full protocol for a prostrate issue a couple of years ago, approx. 1.75 grams per day average, started at .5 grams but was soon doing 2.25 grams per day. This protocol lasted 82 days. My numbers dropped considerably.
My friend had bladder cancer, did Chemo/Rad, they said he was cancer free, it came back in less than 6 months. He did another round of Chemo/Rad, they said he was cancer free. It came back with a vengeance about 8 months later. He said screw this, so he did the full CannaBudwick protocol, and has been cancer free for over 8 years now. He does 200 mg of FECO wellness dose daily. He gets his FECO from a dude in Oregon who has it tested, 72% THC, and very low (0.2%) alcohol residue. Now that ol boy in Oregon has all kinds of fancy equipment.

With this said, it is hard to get enough FECO/Rosin in candies and expect them hold together and not taste like your taking pure FECO/Rosin. If I have to do another protocol I will use FECO in 00 veg caps to take my meds. Other than that the candies work great for wellness dose's.

indagroove

Veteran

I too use the frozen method to make FECO using Everclear or other 190 proof alcohol.
I use an oil extractor that recaptures about 75% of the alcohol, and after decarb in oven and cooking off the small amount of alcohol gives me what I think is a very good product.
I have decarbed in the oven but have also decarbed after extraction on the stove top using an oil bath, I think I get a cleaner product decarbing after extraction.
I use both decarbed Rosin and FECO to make gummy's and hard candies. Both contain 45 to 50 mg of either oil per candy. I do three in the morning and 3 at night as a wellness dose. Since I made the Life Saver Wild Cherry hard candies I don't think I will be making many gummies or FECO anymore.
Did the full protocol for a prostrate issue a couple of years ago, approx. 1.75 grams per day average, started at .5 grams but was soon doing 2.25 grams per day. This protocol lasted 82 days. My numbers dropped considerably.
My friend had bladder cancer, did Chemo/Rad, they said he was cancer free, it came back in less than 6 months. He did another round of Chemo/Rad, they said he was cancer free. It came back with a vengeance about 8 months later. He said screw this, so he did the full CannaBudwick protocol, and has been cancer free for over 8 years now. He does 200 mg of FECO wellness dose daily. He gets his FECO from a dude in Oregon who has it tested, 72% THC, and very low (0.2%) alcohol residue. Now that ol boy in Oregon has all kinds of fancy equipment.

With this said, it is hard to get enough FECO/Rosin in candies and expect them hold together and not taste like your taking pure FECO/Rosin. If I have to do another protocol I will use FECO in 00 veg caps to take my meds. Other than that the candies work great for wellness dose's.

That's awesome! I have some family members who I have made oil for, but unfortunately they weren't willing to make the full dosage regimen commitment.