What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mystery Liquidizer Ingredients, Product Comparison

tonosity

Below, I’ve listed the most prominent distributors or manufacturers (often hard to tell which), that are selling “liquidizers” or concentrate “diluitants” that are very similar to each other, in how they are described, and how they recommend that they be used.

Please know that this is not about e-liquid or vape juice products that contain water-based compounds like VG, PG and/or PEGxxx. The products covered by this thread are cutting agents, thinners that are compatible with the oil-based concentrates/extracts.

My questions are--which are not published by these companies are:

What are the ingredients? (Not the company’s IP, regarding methods and recipes.)

Is this a product that is produced by a single manufacture (or a just a few) and co-packaged, and then rebranded and labeled for distributors or venders? These services are offered by a number of the companies listed.

In any case, so far, we have:

True Terpenes, Viscosity

FloraPlex, “Terpene Diluent”

Terpenes Foundry, “Terp Cut”

Connoisseur Concentrates (Mr. Extractor), Flavored cutting compounds, currently labeled "The Solution."

Holy Terp, “Flavorless”

Terpene Foundry, “Terp Cut” & “Terp Cut Pro”

The Terpene Store, “LIQUIFY PRO”

Mass Terpenes, “LIQUIFY”

And we have information on “HBNO alpha bisabolol” being a popular cutting compound among large vape cartridge companies. HBNO seems to be the company name? And they are mainly in the retail essential oil business. Unless, I’m looking at the wrong company info…

Any others? Or more ingredient information?

pharmco

IIRC, Floraplex has released their ingredients list, but I haven't had my coffee yet, so I am not going to go find it. Pretty sure it's on their website?

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
In Sweet Mary's Charms, I expressed concern that we were mixing and dabbing our own recipes of terpenes, in concentrations high enough to be of health concern, and listed what was known about the most common terpenes found in cannabis.

As noted, in concentration some of the terpenes are used to sanitize toilet bowls and strip paint, while in medicinal doses are theraputic.

Now we have yet another foreign substance offered for us to suck into our lungs as vapor, with even less data as to the long term effects, and ostensibly they aren't therapeutic.

I of course don't have those answers either, but intuitively I believe that after enough time to establish the extended effects of sub fatal chronic usage, we will have some damaged folks and lawsuits.

In 1994, the tobacco industry published a 599 constituent list of substances that can be found in pipe tobacco, which was subsequently sprinkled with holy water.

If you Google 599 list, you will see that it is rife with terpenes, and includes glycerol, and coconut oil, but not PG, PEG, MCT, squalane, et al. I would first check to see if it is on that list.

If the diluent/adulterant is not on that list, if/when there are lawsuits, there is less precedent, so they will ostensibly be less defensible.

Last edited:

Gry

In Sweet Mary's Charms, I expressed concern that we were mixing and dabbing our own recipes of terpenes, in concentrations high enough to be of concern, and listed what was known about the most common terpenes found in cannabis.

As noted, in concentration some of the terpenes are used to sanitize toilet bowls and strip paint.

Now we have yet another foreign substance offered for us to suck into our lungs as vapor, with even less data as to the long term effects.

I of course don't have those answers either, but intuitively I believe that after enough time to establish the extended effects of sub fatal chronic usage, we will have some damaged folks and lawsuits.

In 1994, the tobacco industry published a 599 constituent list of substances that can be found in pipe tobacco, which was subsequently sprinkled with holy water.

If you Google 599 list, you will see that it is rife with terpenes, and includes glycerol, but not PG, PEG, squalane, et al.

If the diluent/adulterant is not on that list, if/when there are lawsuits, there is less president, so they will be less defensible.
The list is something I have often chuckled over.
Never used a pen.
Find myself wondering if just
decarbing an extract would
not 'thin it down' enough to be
able use it in a stable temp
environment.
Asking Grey Wolf about it,
seems like the right thing
to do.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The list is something I have often chuckled over.
Never used a pen.
Find myself wondering if just
decarbing an extract would
not 'thin it down' enough to be
able use it in a stable temp
environment.
Asking Grey Wolf about it,
seems like the right thing
to do.

I'm not the vapor pen expert, because after some initial experimentation, I decided to go with an e-nail and use pure concentrate.

I've loaded winterized oil with a slight amount of residual ethanol into a cart and it fed fine, with a slight sweet flavor from the ethanol.

Decarboxylated oil should work if you add back some mono terpenes, to replace the ones lost to decarboxylation.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
To me, the only reason to use the carts is public use. No stink.
I guess another plus would be ease of use. No reloading after a few hits. But I don't like the idea of cutting my concentrate. Makes it less potent.

Pure concentrate is way to go. I use Yocan vape when I'm on the go.

Somebody needs to invent a way to put a day's worth of pure concentrate into cartridge. Somewhat like ballpoint pen ink cartridges. I think the problem would be the heat taking hits would destroy terpenes from future hits.

P

psilocybevybe

Tried a few different carts here in Australia,

King Pen blue dream and jack herer, tko,

really hard to source here,so is cali weed like biscotti ,gelato41 ,gsc etc

Was wondering what was in the carts to liquidize them, ie what the eff is shatter batter?

Am I gonna get popcorn lung or just add to the tar already deposited lol

Only use them when the green is out,

better than nothing but they concern me..

EsterEssence

Veteran
I prefer to vape a organic pure product, none of these products have been tested for being heated and inhaled for long periods of time. I use a nail and a Youcan Pen as well. Between the eagle 20, and avid sprayed cannibas concentrated into distilled juice and throw in whatever makes the viscosity correct, what are you putting into your body?

Drewsif

Getting high off weed. Nah you getting high off weed*

*: weed and other shit than weed.

I'll just smoke weed, thanks. 30 percent not strong enough? What the fuck..

Ringodoggie

Premium user
That's the second post that said they use a Yocan for rosin. What model are you guys using?

I recently bought a Boundless Terp Pen and even though I'm not big on coil based vapes, this one is pretty cool. And, at a price point that's hard to beat.

I have an older Yocan. Curious which one you guys are using.

Thanks

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
I use Yocan Magneto. Also have another one looks almost same but it has threads instead of magnets.
I think it's called Yocan plus.
What's your older model?

Ringodoggie

Premium user
I don't recall the model. It was a long time ago. I think it was called an evolve or something close. It might have even been for dry herb.

I checked out your Magneto at the Yocan site. Looks pretty nice but, wow, 85 bucks. This terp pen I use retails for $29 and streets for $22 on sale.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
Thanks guys.

I just bought one for $26.99.

Since they are $85 on the manufacturer's web site, are we to assume that these $2x units are fakes?

Bobby Boucher

My yocan xl hits a little too hard for my preference, but .. the fuckin thing produces 0 reclaim, which is pretty much a game changer for me.

I don't have to worry about keeping it upright, so long as I smoke what I put in it before I put it down. Every other pen I've owned would get ookie and leak reclaim, eventually causing the threads bind up. With the xl, I just change the tips out and I'm good to go.

Anyone else notice this?

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
I just looked it's called evolve plus.

I've been checking out the xl model that you have with the four coils instead of two. Awesome that you say it's almost too strong. I might go ahead and get one.

Never really had the leakage problem on my small yocans either.

Definitely had it with Ooze pens.

Ringo, if my yocan is counterfeit, then it's still excellent quality. I think I have had them over two years. I have had coils burn out, but usually they get encrusted residue way before that ever happens. I get the coils for $5 a piece or 5 for 20. I clean them up like normal resin. Put em in a jar with iso and salt.

The ceramic donut coils are awesome. They lay flat in the bottom so they get all of the oil. I have NEVER had a ceramic donut coil brake or quit working.

Bobby B, does the XL model have a ceramic donut version as well?

Latest posts

Latest posts