What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Unclefishstick's Tartar Sauce Research Kitchen Redux

U

useless.gardens

Damn that's a dinosaur of a furnace you have there unc. Looks like it has hardly had any use though.
i swore i saw flex dryer tube on that too. ah. not for furnace use. but i looked again and it looks legit.

typical grower.

old furnace.
highest tech pimp daddy lamps.

old cabinets.
6 high end gorilla tents.

bathroom dated.
tub full of transplants of the NEWEST best shit out there.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
it's not like i can have a furnace guy come and work in there...plus i never bother to turn it on...sweaters are free once you buy them and it just doesn't get that cold here

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:watchplant: can't wait until there's actually buds forming,so far it seems like the plants are growing quickly under the leds but the proof is in the pudding,and there ain't no pudding yet!

but i would expect the plants to crown soon and start kicking into gear...

day 1
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
picture.php
[/FONT]

day 10
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
picture.php
[/FONT]

they sure are filling in nicely...

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
They are looking awesome, super healthy, if you listen really closely you can probably hear them growing! Keep up the good work, man, soon enough they will be flowering full force!

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
this is where i started but i got banished to the tokers den because my threads generally devolve into a bunch of nonsense

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
At least we have fun. Talking just about weed is great, don't get me wrong, but just shooting the shit with cool people at the same time is even better far as I'm concerned. It really goes to show how well rounded we are, not just one trick ponies over here!

:watchplant: can't wait until there's actually buds forming,so far it seems like the plants are growing quickly under the leds put the proof is in the pudding,and there ain't no pudding yet!

but i would expect the plants to crown soon and start kicking into gear...

they sure are filling in nicely...

Sorry for the ignorance, but if I'm reading correctly you're on day 10 of flowering presently but haven't started to see pistils or the beginning of flower formation yet?

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
A couple of mine are 14-21 days to show. Mostly the sativa leaners, which are all the rage, of course.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sorry for the ignorance, but if I'm reading correctly you're on day 10 of flowering presently but haven't started to see pistils or the beginning of flower formation yet?

day 14 tomorrow,yesterday when i was watering i noted most everything aside from the 12 weekers had crowned...so that would have been day 12 yesterday,pretty much what i would expect from these varieties based on past experience.

the biggest difference i'm noting under the leds is the plants didn't stretch as much...

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
I wonder if it will also effect the overall flowering times, having not wasted the time/ energy stretching...

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
just have to wait and see i guess...there's really no hurrying these things along...

almost not a fair test as this space is functioning better than my main room which needs a serious update and almost complete re-do on the ventilation and a bunch of other stuff that's hard to deal with when running perpetual...

day 14 tomorrow,yesterday when i was watering i noted most everything aside from the 12 weekers had crowned...so that would have been day 12 yesterday,pretty much what i would expect from these varieties based on past experience.

the biggest difference i'm noting under the leds is the plants didn't stretch as much...

Stretch can be influenced by a number of factors including spectrum and light intensity. Those lights have a pretty decent spread of PPFD and pretty high PAR numbers. When plants get a lot of light, it can cause them to not stretch as much. White LEDs are phosphor coated blues, which still have a high blue output. The higher the percentage of blue you have, typically the shorter the plants will be overall.

There is a side-by-side going on right now with our 84X models vs the HLG Trinity (new unreleased light) in the side-by-sides area of this forum. In that test the HLG plants are shorter with less root development after 2 weeks compared to the plants under our fixtures. In that test the leaves are also substantially smaller on the HLG test group. If you haven't seen it yet I invite you to check it out :tiphat:

U

useless.gardens

Stretch can be influenced by a number of factors including spectrum and light intensity. Those lights have a pretty decent spread of PPFD and pretty high PAR numbers. When plants get a lot of light, it can cause them to not stretch as much. White LEDs are phosphor coated blues, which still have a high blue output. The higher the percentage of blue you have, typically the shorter the plants will be overall.

There is a side-by-side going on right now with our 84X models vs the HLG Trinity (new unreleased light) in the side-by-sides area of this forum. In that test the HLG plants are shorter with less root development after 2 weeks compared to the plants under our fixtures. In that test the leaves are also substantially smaller on the HLG test group. If you haven't seen it yet I invite you to check it out :tiphat:

id like to check it out. how did you grab the unreleased light?

what are the price comparisons between the models you mention?

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran

thank you for your continued input however since i'm not in the market for more lamps for the foreseeable future and don't have the time or inclination to run a side by side i would appreciate toning down the hard sell:)

mr.brunch

Veteran
420giveaway
Little late to the show, but I’ll grab a seat right here...
lovely work, looking forward to the buds :tiphat: