What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Other plants in cannabis grow rooms

Has anybody ever throw some other plants in their grow rooms with their cannabis?
I moved some of my outdoor succulents in to my grow rooms for the winter because they all got absolutely drenched with rain and then the freezing temps and snow hit. They looked a mess and now they're thriving!! I've actually managed to propagate some of them as well.
I was thinking of moving my giant strawberry planter in to the room too, (strawberries year round!?) because it's looking kinda sad and half dead with this snow.

Anybody else try this?

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
as long as the other plants are super clean i dont see why this could not work
thats great that your succulents are enjoying their new home; those are hearty plants and can survive in almost any conditions
the problem with bringing in other plants is that you are also inviting other pests and crowding your space
/if anything you want less plants in the area to compete for resources
depending on how serious you are about growing pot, i guess its nbd
/but really, i would set up another space to grow your other plants in
//this would also be appropriate when you shift the light cycle

Pop_rocks
Good points! They did get a bug spray before coming in because I have dealt with mites and thrips previously.
I'm not concerned right now with them taking up space because my cannabis is still in veg and my main room is 20'x26' but the light cycle I could see being a problem (however it hasnt shown to be yet) I dont know how succis will react to 24hrs in light (or strawberry plants if I decide to throw those in too)
It will only be temporary because once spring hits they will be back outside

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
I've grown plants alongside my cannabis over the years. I generally start from seed, due to the whole fungal/pest issues mentioned. I currently have various herbs in my veg cab, along with a nice pepper plant. The dwarf jalepeno plant just sprouted a few days ago. :)

It's the pests thing which prevents me from bringing plants in from outside. You can treat ornamentals with all kinds of nasty stuff and they'll be clean, it's just not my cup of tea. :) There are a lot of plants which require a lot less light than cannabis, which makes a lot of spaces in grow rooms to put plants.

I don't keep any in the flower room though. ;)

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I start in 3x3 pots, chiles, tomatoes in late Feb, early March to transplant outside.

I just love the idea of it. I have some extra space so why not?
Plus unfortunately my home garden and most of my yard and what were nice rhododendrons have been completely taken over by bindweed and I've heard the only way to get rid of that is round up (which I dont want to spray anywhere near my edible garden) or to burn every thing down!.. not an option

St. Phatty

I have 6 Cannabis plants & whole bunch of Lettuce.

Also 1 fig tree, a recent transplant, and 1 coffee tree. Under LED's.

The fig tree then one day had Ye Olde Spider Mite web.

The last time I bought a spray bottle for $1 at Home Depot, it crapped out.

So I bought the $1.49 spray bottle ... already had some Safer's concentrate.

Mixed it up, sprayed the fig tree yesterday or Friday.

Will keep getting it every 3 days.

Anyway, I like having other plants around.

But the absence of predators (lady-bugs) ... plant parasites can be fruitful & multiply in that situation.

Outdoors, I would never see a spider mite tent on the fig tree.

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
I grew bell peppers in my recirculating sea of green setup alongside my weed, everything in grodan rockwool 6 inch blocks. Plants close to it picked up bell pepper smell/hints of taste haha.

Indeterminate varieties of fruits/vegetables produce new fruit until killed by frost outside, I bet they would do well started and grown indoors for continuous harvest through the year.

1G12

Have started tomatoes from seed a few times...they're so tiny!
Then outside in the full sun bearing fruit they're so giant...
Always find that eventual transition amazing!

St. Phatty

Got plants in Veg.

Didn't want to post them in the Cannabis flower thread.

5 1/2 Blueberry Headband crosses.

Center middle is the 1/2 plant. It was a runt but I have found that some runts make great resin. So I didn't axe her and now she's looking better.

attachment.php

Soil is G&B Potting Soil with extra Bone Meal & Wood Ash.

Center Top, the cat I think chewed some of the leaves.

Attachments

• IMG_20190308_084527_030819c2.jpg
    IMG_20190308_084527_030819c2.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 36

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
I have a family of san Pedro cactus that live in my grow. Had a monster aloe in there too but she was taking too much floor space.

Latest posts

Latest posts