What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The DEFINITIVE OG Kush History

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Also if anyone would like to contribute photos of Early OG cuttings that are verified if be grateful. All credit will be given. I've ro U see up a good amount so far and will be posting them soon but this place is a wealth of knowledge and would be great to get some more material.

If I ever get a cut,,, il edit my post and add pictures to my earlier post ,, I'm hunting for it since you just mentioned it,, i hate desiring clones I don't have,, huffffff

i guess raskels fire and old "verified" og cuts just became my new thing

I'm loving this jigga I've got,, i just need a real og in my life

Nice fukin thread guys!!!!!!!

Mohadib

Veteran
Also if anyone would like to contribute photos of Early OG cuttings that are verified if be grateful. All credit will be given. I've ro U see up a good amount so far and will be posting them soon but this place is a wealth of knowledge and would be great to get some more material.

In case you haven't come across it yet, check out JoshD's insta-page (@therealogkushstory). He's uploaded some scans of OG pictures that date back as far as 1996 - in fact it's pictures of the very first buds OG Kush ;)

Wendull C.

Veteran
I will get some bty veg and flower pics up asap. Maybe finished flowers without p load which is rare these days. The p load nugs don't even deserve the name OG.

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Please load the pictures up to icmag,, this thread seems way way hot

I've known Adam for years since I lived in Amsterdam,, just spoke to him on Facebook,,, i am so so shocked this is ligit,,, nice job

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I will get some bty veg and flower pics up asap. Maybe finished flowers without p load which is rare these days. The p load nugs don't even deserve the name OG.

I notice this is the second time bty has been mentioned so far. First was the op mentioned it in list of early renames. Curious if something has come to light since I quit paying attn? Cuz it's not one of the "earlier" renames...it was around....I dunno....09...10? KRD got the cut from....victorville? I can't remember...it was just called kush when he got it. She definitely on my list of all time og cuts...best yielder for smaller size grow areas...best yield of og cuts...not all cuts.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
@Cannavore - Diablo OG goes back to the old Devil's Harvest crew. I saw her in a room in Chicago and she looked to be more like what people call the Skywalker now. I'd not be surprised to find they are the same. She's a a more viney, more lanky OG that wants to put out colors in her leaves when fading or actually, even when stressed/over fed. She'll have magenta and redish yellow hues on the leaves.

I didn't consider her a "real" og as in an origin cut but is likely an early s1 or outcross that is very OG dominant.

@Subrob - Thanks for that extra tid-bit on BTY. I know it go included on the list because I mentioned in the prior thread. It was my understanding, granted being on the opposite coast, this comes with a grain of salt - but the BTY was like the F-cut in that it had been kept in a single garden for the better part of 10 years and as such didn't show the stress flux and reduced vigor/production, like some other cuts which had been in hundreds of different environments over the years.

I'm not sure on it's time frame in terms of being an origin cut, but I know it is one of the BEST PRESERVED cuts of OG that there is and it grows truer to the definitive archetype than other named cuts with a traceable history.

dank.Frank

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
picture.php

Y'all fucked around and got me thinking og again...had to hit bro up and get my baby back!

JetLife175

Veteran
420giveaway
I never knew about The Diablo and DHK connection. Hmmmm.

It originates from the RDC dispensary in the valley. Reseda to be exact. The owners cut of OG supposedly.

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Subrobs baby,, geez,,,, that's a title and a half ,,

any clone holding that title has to be something special,,,can't wait to see some pictures of all the best and oldest OGs in one thread,,, no matter what the problems and upsets along the way,, these clones are still ultimate in the weedgame!!!,,, an I love ultimate weedgame

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I just adopted her...lol...spicoli/smoketrees gave her to me in....shit..I don't know...long time ago...I've grown ...I don't remember how many cuts of og, not that's it's THAT many, I just have an old man's memory...and valley is the one I keep going back to. It's not sfv...just some rinky dink valley somewhere inland...

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Revitalized by Maui UVA/B? I know what exactly what "nkdog" is. FIRE. No doubt. Send the homie my love! :joint:

dank.Frank

Last edited: