What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cannabis Olive Oil Question

Green Squall

I'm making a small batch of infused olive oil that calls for 7 grams herb and 1 cup olive oil in a crockpot. I was wondering if I could add CBD isolate to make a 1:1 oil and if so, how much?

LostTribe

Premium user
I am not sure search for cbd butter. Butter only holds so much of each compound.

With THC I used to do 1 lb butter with 1 oz nugs. Double boil, strain, mold. Finished.

Green Squall

With rough math, I figured that the bud has roughly 20% thc, so that would give you 200mg of thc per gram.

So 7 grams flower = 1.4 grams thc. + 1.4 grams isolate would be 1:1.

This is obviously very approximate, but it came out decent for a small batch.

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
I was thinking about need to heat the green, on order to turn thc-a to thc-aaaaay.

Few things we cook reach 100c. To do so, all the water must first of left. Bread and 88c are often spoke of together. Just waiting for the temp to reach that, and it's done.

Another member posted this chart of temps, which suggest to me that never really getting past 90c might not fully exploit the greens strength.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=104&pictureid=409939

Then again, baking the green to dust isn't really an option. If you could tripple the strength of just 25% of the green, it would be 50% stronger overall.

What sort of time are you double boiling for?