What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Gummy Trials: The Last Gummy Recipe

dopebeaard907

This recipe is the shit! thanks a lot! I mixed some full spectrum coconut oil and these gummies taste great with a hint of "green" taste but each one so far taste the same goodness. I used some Thai dom bud and honestly its like taking a quarter hit of acid which is straight legit. I made gummies once before and man were they terrible.

starke

Arthritis sucks, thank you so much. I finally had a chance to make these today and must say they are the shiznit for sure.

First time I extracted into coconut oil. I've always used butter. I used the liquid food grade oil and did it in the crockpot with water like I do butter. I used four ounces of sativa dom popcorn and larf to two cups coconut oil. Was not prepared for having to put it in the freezer instead of the fridge to separate but once I figured that out it was smooth sailing. Rinsed the final product four times so there is little taste or smell.

Used the Jolly Rancher Apple jello (only had the small boxes so I measured out 170 grams) and plain pure apple juice for the juice.

One time/cleanup saving thing I did was to mix all the other liquid ingredients in one bowl before adding to the proofed mixture when it was time.

Another tip for those like me who might get carried away with the cornstarch at the end. There is a simple Tim Allen solution: The blowgun on your air compressor will clean that shit up quick, fast and in a hurry. :biggrin:

Don't stick to anything or one another. Perfect. Thanks again kind sir.

Peace,
starke

picture.php

picture.php

dopebeaard907

Arthritis sucks, thank you so much. I finally had a chance to make these today and must say they are the shiznit for sure.

First time I extracted into coconut oil. I've always used butter. I used the liquid food grade oil and did it in the crockpot with water like I do butter. I used four ounces of sativa dom popcorn and larf to two cups coconut oil. Was not prepared for having to put it in the freezer instead of the fridge to separate but once I figured that out it was smooth sailing. Rinsed the final product four times so there is little taste or smell.

Used the Jolly Rancher Apple jello (only had the small boxes so I measured out 170 grams) and plain pure apple juice for the juice.

One time/cleanup saving thing I did was to mix all the liquid ingredients in one bowl before adding to the proofed mixture when it was time.

Another tip for those like me who might get carried away with the cornstarch at the end. There is a simple Tim Allen solution: The blowgun on your air compressor will clean that shit up quick, fast and in a hurry. :biggrin:

Peace,
starke

View Image

View Image
Those look dank starke! What do you mean you rinsed the final product? My had some flavor but not a whole lot.

starke

Just that I rinsed the coconut oil mixture by boiling in water, chill to separation, pour out the nasty water and repeat until the water is clear.

dopebeaard907

Just that I rinsed the coconut oil mixture by boiling in water, chill to separation, pour out the nasty water and repeat until the water is clear.
that makes perfect sense thanks for tip. I made a new batch by tweakin this one just replaced a few with some organic ingredients, like sugar dissolved in warm water instead of corn syrup, they turned out very good. how do you store them? like fridge or room temp?

starke

Right now they are in a gallon ziplock at room temp in the kitchen cabinet. Mine won't be around long enough to have to worry about long term storage.

dopebeaard907

Right now they are in a gallon ziplock at room temp in the kitchen cabinet. Mine won't be around long enough to have to worry about long term storage.
Nice that's what im going to do too cause ive been storing them in the fridge and they taste way better when ive had them on me at room temp.

genetic freaked

Veteran
This recipe makes 380 gummy bears??? Am i reading that correct?

If so I'm going to have to cut down the recipe as i only have like 4 molds (200 bears)..

How many gummy bears is everyone taking???
I have some coconut oil that i haven't tried yet but I think I put like 4oz of seeded outdoor in a cup and a half of coconut oil.. Ended up with a little over a cup of coconut oil

dopebeaard907

If so I'm going to have to cut down the recipe as i only have like 4 molds (200 bears)..

I have some coconut oil that i haven't tried yet but I think I put like 4oz of seeded outdoor in a cup and a half of coconut oil.. Ended up with a little over a cup of coconut oil
depends on how strong you think that seeded bud was and you can also pour the remaining bit into some parchment paper folded like a tray. right now Im taking about 10-15 and feeling like I took a quarter of a tab of acid (I used my thai dom about 4 oz of popcorn and trim) I feel nice and focused. they taste good though its hard not to just keep eating them. I only used a half cup of oil with this batch.

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
This recipe is the shit! thanks a lot! I mixed some full spectrum coconut oil and these gummies taste great with a hint of "green" taste but each one so far taste the same goodness. I used some Thai dom bud and honestly its like taking a quarter hit of acid which is straight legit. I made gummies once before and man were they terrible.

Glad to hear they did ya well :tiphat: this recipe is hands down my favorite edible recipe so far.

One time/cleanup saving thing I did was to mix all the liquid ingredients in one bowl before adding to the proofed mixture when it was time.

Peace,
starke

View Image

View Image
awesome idea with the air blower! It can be easy to go overboard on the cornstarch no doubt. Never thought about clarifying the coconut oil like butter to get the taste on point. So far I've only used hash rosin so no real green issues. I doubled the strength last run an they still were tasty but definitely had a stronger taste where It needed to be dialed back a tad in potency.

Gummies look like they came out killer, nice job.

pour the molds then get a pyrex dish maybe 8x8 an pour the rest in there an just cut outto desired size or use an ice cube tray laying around to fill the rest possibly.

BillyWonka

Why only one box of the flavored gelatin. I like the Jolly Rancher flavors. 3.5 boxes in the mix, .5 box for dusting mixed with Fruit Fresh and little citric acid for tartness. I only use 3 tbsp unflavored gelatin and 2 tbsp corn syrup.

I use the refrigerator not the freezer. Freezer does not help the drying process. The fridge does help remove moisture. Once set, pop out of mold, place on wire cooling rack, back into fridge for an hour. Remove, dust in tupperware with dusting mixture mentioned above. Back on the rack into the fridge for another hour. Dust final time and package.

Strong Jolly Rancher Flavor from dusting to center. I'll work on some photos.

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
Why only one box of the flavored gelatin. I like the Jolly Rancher flavors. 3.5 boxes in the mix, .5 box for dusting mixed with Fruit Fresh and little citric acid for tartness. I only use 3 tbsp unflavored gelatin and 2 tbsp corn syrup.

I use the refrigerator not the freezer. Freezer does not help the drying process. The fridge does help remove moisture. Once set, pop out of mold, place on wire cooling rack, back into fridge for an hour. Remove, dust in tupperware with dusting mixture mentioned above. Back on the rack into the fridge for another hour. Dust final time and package.

Strong Jolly Rancher Flavor from dusting to center. I'll work on some photos.
Good luck with your recipe

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
Great job man! How many gummies does your recipe make and how much thc per? Im trying to make gummies with 10-15mg per, got some 50/50 cannabisoil/coconutoil n wanna see how much i gotta cut it...

Im'One

Infused coconut oil is good but if I clarify it would be better. My bears set up nicely but they taste a little like weed.

Im'One

My gummies are terrible. I made a few important mistakes that didn't seem all that relevant. I used coconut oil but just squeezed tithrough a mesh coffee filter. I should have either used everclear to make oil or a tinctures or clarified the coconut oil by boiling it and pulling off water or something. My gummies smell and taste like weed. Second they didn't dry. I skipped the step of standing them on end. I used a smaller amount of weed to prevent getting an overwhelming buzz from one gummies and mine barely give you a buzz at all. I'm not sure if leaving the oil in the instapot too long was an issue. Sweetsue advice to leave the oil over night was confusing since my pot help the oil on warm for five hours before I turned it off.
I wish I had followed my first inclination to use the everclear tinctures or evaporated iso oil.
One batch very clearly has oil residue all over it. I needed a second person to help stir while I pulled off the mix with the turkey baster.
I used orange jello and could have added more flavoring. Putting citric acid on them helps but the ones I covered in corn starch after citric acid dried out better.
I like the recipe but I should have had more weed, more mold and another helper. I wasn't clear about how you use the coconut oil. More direction there would have helped.
Having said all this I have to say the recipe was more detail than any other recipes found.

Latest posts

Latest posts