What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hashplants

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
Bob on BSHW:

The BSHW side came from seeds I got a long time back from a Cali guy on the run.they came in a film canister marked "Trip" ,which was the nickname of the BSHW. seeds were old and only 8 girls made it out from over 400 seeds started.Very homogeneous plants,with differing strength of high.the best was the #3 plant/clone as it had the most/strongest sativa profile, that was the clone given to Chimera.

I grew out some BlueTrips the result was a blue dominant strain but I'm sure there are more Trip dominant possibilities in there.

Originally Posted by bobthegrower:

Trip

Trip = Nickname for Big Sur holy weed. One film Cannister of seeds from cali named as such. Only a few seeds sprouted. (old stock)

This is old skool.

WelderDan

Veteran
This is one of those plants I wish I had saved a cut of. I made the cross and it didn't occur to me to take a cut. After it cured, I was kicking myself. Seedsman Hash plant x C99. The Hash plant was advertised as Hash plant clone x NL#1. Seedsman no longer offers this strain.

This shit was fucking evil. It separated the lightweights from the crowd in 3 hits. One bong hit and your eyes automatically closed.

We burned a fatty in my best Bro's garage. I told this cat to hit it easy 'cause it grabbed you by the boo boo. He says "I smoke the best pot money can buy." My bro laughs and says "Don't say he didn't warn you." 5 hits later he's looking green. Mr "I smoke the best shit money can buy" accuses me of lacing the weed. My bro says no, it's just weed. Dude had to call his wife to pick him up.

I kick myself every time I look at this pic

RoyalFlush

DEA Agent
Hashplants in Veg along side my Alice In Wonderland seedlings (NL#5 x Hashplant).
picture.php

therevverend

Veteran
Don't know whether this is the right thread to post in but I have this Kushkak female from Afghan Selection. From seed and she is at 12 days of flower after 6 weeks of veg, just showing her first flowers. Going to take some cuts shortly.
Yes you have found the right thread it doesn't get more hashplant then that. Beautiful plant. Very interested in how this turns out for you. I discovered Afghan Selection's instagram a while back, great to see someone exploring the hash fields in the old country. Might have to give their stuff a try next year. I'm blown away by the work those farmers do, huge plants with giant purple flowers. Then you consider that they're full of seeds, it's damn impressive. As is always the case I'm sure most of the profit goes to the middleman instead of the farmer but that's how it is wherever you are in the ganja world, Humboldt or Afghanistan.

For me this year was frustrating, the weather was disastrously bad and my boytritis losses were high. Even so I did okay, I've got plenty of nice ganja and hashish and learned a lot. My two favorites were probably my late flowering 88g13hp and my Snow Queen. Both showed amazing mold resistance and wonderful effects. Here's the 88g13hp. You can see the boytritis, I was happy just to get what I got. I've been spending a lot of time cutting around the moldy bits.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Every now and then ganja surprises me, you get effects you weren't expecting. The 88g13hp did that for me, took a big bong hit and it gave me a thrilling effect. For the next 2 or 3 days I was in a good care free mood, felt excited about life again and looking forward to it. Hadn't had that effect in a while, it's wonderful when you find it.

The Snow Queen is a Bodhi strain, it seems like the Snow Lotus hybrids he has show solid mold resistance. I still lost quite a bit, I lost a lot of everything, but I lost much less from her. The smell is remarkable, very unique. Very herbal and spicy. Big strong plant, she's still alive and producing little popcorn nugs, amazing that she hasn't succumbed to the wet weather.

picture.php

picture.php

I love the long clustering colas. Once again I can find boytritis in the pictures, what a year.

therevverend

Veteran
With the newfound interest in cannabis and Old World landraces in the west there's quite a few people looking to make a buck offering seeds from hashishistan. All of a sudden they're not hard to find at all. Took advantage of the trend this winter, trying some stuff out that looks very interesting. I've got a couple of Sholgari going, it's a town some distance up river from Balkh, I'm assuming where the good stuff comes from. The plants are vigorous and strong, the biggest in the garden so far this spring. Similar to my 'pot of gold hashplant' strain I've grown the last few years. When I rub the stem I get a complex intense smell, hard to describe. Not skunky but more herbal and rank. Along with finer incense notes.

Next picture is a 'Zanjeer', comes from southern Afghanistan somewhere. High elevation, very dry. The smell is similar to a sharp wasabi mustard green.

The next is a Kandahar Black. Excited to see how they turn out, the biggest one has had a dark black spot in it's center, a certificate of authenticity I believe.

And last is a Kandahar Red. They don't have much vigor but make up for it by being extremely stocky and dense. Very short distance between nodes.

Attachments

• 20210515_173307 (2).jpg
    20210515_173307 (2).jpg
    142 KB · Views: 38
  • 20210515_173235.jpg
    20210515_173235.jpg
    171.8 KB · Views: 44
  • 20210515_173129.jpg
    20210515_173129.jpg
    168.7 KB · Views: 40
  • 20210509_180949.jpg
    20210509_180949.jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 39

p59teitel

Click image for larger version  Name:	054BDF76-4C91-4B87-9EBE-9B63F55CD437.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	92.2 KB ID:	17858895
Click image for larger version  Name:	4AE35CC4-C6E2-43F3-92E4-AF3581724D60.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	75.8 KB ID:	17858894

Funny you posted this, Rev - I was just reading the Indian Landrace Exchange Durand Line info this morning. Sounds like you’ve got some fun plants going. This year for me it’s ten Tirah Valley from TRSC as well as five Hawaiian Hashbud x Balkhi crosses I made last year. Pics are of buds from the crosses grown this winter on the windowsill - actually had two seeds pop while still on the mother plants last fall, so I said what the hell and grew them out. Cute little foot-tall plants that produced some nice resiny bud with a lime gassy flavor that has the medicinal qualities of the Balkhi but is upbeat enough to do chores with a smile. One had lots of long pistils and the other had little bitty ones, but they smell and smoke the same. Curious to see what they will do in a proper outdoor grow with room to put down roots.

Attachments

• 054BDF76-4C91-4B87-9EBE-9B63F55CD437.jpeg
    054BDF76-4C91-4B87-9EBE-9B63F55CD437.jpeg
    92.2 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:

Breadwizard

Glad to see activity in this thread again! Looks like a good lineup Rev, the Kandahar black especially! Here's my most hashplant-ish thing flowering, my favorite from an Afghani x Syrian F1 cross. She's just starting to frost up at 5ish weeks. I'll be hunting through the F2's during the winter cycle to look for good parents to continue the line, maybe make a few outcrosses if I like em. Grow on!

Attachments

• photo2045571.jpg
    photo2045571.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 34

therevverend

Veteran
This year for me it’s ten Tirah Valley from TRSC as well as five Hawaiian Hashbud x Balkhi crosses I made last year.

Let us know how those go, excited to hear how the Tirah Valley turn out. Your HH x Balkh looks surprisingly resinous for windowsill scragglers. I'll bet full season they'll be chunkers. Glad it's got the combination of medicinal and upbeat, it's what to look for in Afghan lines.

Here's my most hashplant-ish thing flowering, my favorite from an Afghani x Syrian F1 cross. She's just starting to frost up at 5ish weeks.

Formidable looking stuff, love the colors. I meant to start a few Syrians and Lolabs as a later run in mid to late April but I ended up with too many from my first two seed runs. Ran out of space in a hurry. Frustrating, I don't really want to wait until next year to try them but the clock's ticking.

Breadwizard

The Lolab will fit pretty much anywhere, and because they seem to be semi-autoflowering wouldn't mind being started off-season, not likely to outgrow spaces, being so dwarf.

Careful with them in soil though, you're pretty much inoculating the soil with the strain forever, I've been picking seedlings out of my garden all spring, and I can tell they're all Lolab plants, very easy to recognize the morphology, even at 2-3 nodes tall.

I mean, look at these things!
PXL_20210518_175806204.jpg
image widget

bleepboop

This Sholgara was not from Afghan selection but lucaswiseup - a photojournalist & writer of "Afghanistan: fortress of cannabis" who was gifted some seeded bud while in the area. This is the second female I had and most stable. Unfortunately the soil it was in had symphalans which stunted root development so ended up as a bud on a stick. No herms throughout though and it survived where some hybrids did not.

Attachments

• photo1991039.jpg
    photo1991039.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 40

p59teitel

image_2065839.jpg
TRSC Tirah Valley update - eight girls and two males. Late to jump into flower, although most of them preflowered late July. Had one that was indeterminate until I went up the ladder to tie the branches down against Hurricane Henri’s winds, and discovered balls ready to burst and chuck pollen at the very top of the plant. The baby is almost 9 feet and the others range from 10 feet to 14 feet, just ginormous hashplants. Have only topdressed them with worm castings several times and aged cow poop. Assuming I get them through to harvest I should get a lot of practice making hash this winter - because no way am I going to try to cure that much flower in Mason jars!

Click image for larger version  Name:	ECC8A385-15AD-47DA-8155-7994B86CFC35.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	150.9 KB ID:	17924447

Attachments

• ECC8A385-15AD-47DA-8155-7994B86CFC35.jpeg
    ECC8A385-15AD-47DA-8155-7994B86CFC35.jpeg
    150.9 KB · Views: 39

p59teitel

49655BC3-C21C-4DBA-8FC7-9641995250C6.jpeg
315D9F25-C94E-4751-9EA7-7EB73F7C9926.jpeg
And out of five plants, only got one Balkhi X Hawaiian Hashbud cross girl. She’s flowering much faster than the Tirah and I hope to have her finish by the end of Sept. Like the two windowsill plants from this winter, she too has the lime gassy thing going on. Has nice tight nodes and should produce some fat colas. Saved some pollen from the sole Hawaiian Hashbud plant that popped last year so will make some backcrosses to that, as well as with the males from this year. She’s the comparatively small plant in the foreground - still an 8 footer though!

p59teitel

Curious to see how your plants are doing, Rev - I recently ordered five Afghan strains from Baaba Qo Selections, including Sholgar (also Milk of Mazar, Rabat, Rustam Kush and Tasqueghan). Figured I’d better grab them now given the insane and horrible political and security situation over there now.

burningfire

Veteran
Nepal x PCK x OTH #3 F3. I've been working on this outdoors @ 45N for a little under a decade, this selection is a very balanced Nepal x PCK hybrid, there's not a lot of haze in this one. It should be done in about 2 more weeks

Click image for larger version  Name:	newside.jpg Views:	0 Size:	111.0 KB ID:	17947059

Click image for larger version  Name:	newsidezoom.jpg Views:	0 Size:	108.2 KB ID:	17947058

Click image for larger version  Name:	newside.jpg Views:	0 Size:	111.0 KB ID:	17947059

I'm having a hard time uploading decent quality pictures on the new icmag but I think I have it dialed in this year.