What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Need a grow manager for a 30 light perpetual spot, NorCal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Lazyman is a funny guy. I think his name speaks volumes

Definitely not running a tight ship. 7k on nutes haha.. Wanna buy some nutes off me bro? ;)

You dont know shit about me, so save your breath for cooling your soup. How many ops do you run? How many decades have you been a large scale commercial grower?

Tell me, how many dollars does it cost to run 8 crops at a time in nutes, flood and drain, 1440 plants running every day of every year. Total of 1900 gallons of reservoirs changed weekly. So, calculate for 75000 gallons per year of nutrient solutions.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
That is pretty good for 75k gallons of nutes. My cost comes in just under that for the same amount. But my grow is smaller and I use less. But per gallon cost is close to the same.

MJINC

Excellent post GB, I totally agree

If we Europeans had the laws, space and cheap property that are available across the pond we would be doing much better things than them with it.

Lol that is some statement. The Dutch have been growing for decades and yet their genetics, growing styles and product are inferior to the vast majority of North American growers

Oliver Pantsoff

Veteran
Stop hating

Stop hating

I think we would bro. Look at the breeding potential you have in the USA and all you can come up with is bagseed hermie crosses with no originality

Europe will lead the way in future. Spain is taking steps in that direction and I hope the UK follows soon[/QUOTE

:laughing::laughing:

Bro you're a hater seriously. Get off California's wrinkle bag. Only a hater would make these comments. This is a good thread. Stick to the topic.

OP

zoo

Europe laid the blueprint and set the standard for breeding and growing

But laws in America allowed you to advance way ahead of us which is natural. Amsterdam is no longer the mecca of marijuana. It is sad really

That being said when it comes to breeding North America have not come very far at all. No innovation just crossing all your different kush clones together and making stupid names for them. Look your best strains are hermies that have been found by accident.. says it all really. They are good strains but I'd expect much better work to be done

Also any serious commercial grower will not be using bottled nutrients but buying your own salts and mixing yourself for a fraction of the cost. Peace

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
laws in America allowed you to advance way ahead of us which is natural.
here in America cannabis is schedule 1 controlled substance, very illegal. The strains which you consider "our best" were no doubt bred by renegades as far as our government is concerned, that's why so many of them are found by accident as you put it.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
Also any serious commercial grower will not be using bottled nutrients but buying your own salts and mixing yourself for a fraction of the cost. Peace

I use dried salts and his cost per gallon is just slightly over mine. Did you even price out his cost per gallon?

I get my salts from the lowest cost seller.

Please tell me what your unit cost is. Do you even know what that means? If you are as informed as you say you will know exactly what your cost is. If not you are blowing smoke.

So please define your cost so we can compare.

Europe laid the blueprint and set the standard for breeding and growing

But laws in America allowed you to advance way ahead of us which is natural. Amsterdam is no longer the mecca of marijuana. It is sad really

That being said when it comes to breeding North America have not come very far at all. No innovation just crossing all your different kush clones together and making stupid names for them. Look your best strains are hermies that have been found by accident.. says it all really. They are good strains but I'd expect much better work to be done

Put your money where your mouth is.
And also find some real weed, obviously your European bros aren't cutting it if you haven't seen non hermie good weed

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
The salts thing is hilarious, I know lots of growers, including guys with multiple warehouses and hundreds of lights. Not one of them mixes their own nutes, everyone uses 20L to 255L (55G) bottled nutes. I'm 2 miles away from Hydrofarm, and hydro stores are a dime a dozen. I get my shit at 10% over cost

VenturaHwy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've made my own nutes since 84 from salts. A bag of MKP Mono Potassium Phosphate goes for about 82 bucks for a 50 lb bag. 70.00 if you buy a pallet of 40 bags.

And the KNO3 is only 42 bucks for 50 lbs. Calcium Nitrate solutions grade only 20 bucks for 50 lbs.

Not sure what the liquid nutes cost for the same amount of fertilizer. One and a half cups of bloom makes 50 gallons of nutrient solution, about 1.5 to 1.6 ec. A little less for the grow.

Anyway the cost of ferts may not be that important to you. Back in the day they used to charge 3 or 4 times the amount for ferts for hydros over soil ferts. I didn't like that. Good luck with the grow.

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
I did, but he was lazy and I eventually let him go. Ended up automating a great deal of the maintenance work, and I run that from my phone. I have a couple helpers do the chop and reboot, and check on things once a day.

Some how doubt that leagues of tobacco lacing weed smokers can even compete with the hard core consumption of American weedheadz. If we were a bunch of garage-basement-closet growers we still crush the EU. Factor in our sun soil......Hawaii alone is untouchable hell West Virginia Maine Montana? USA ftw!
Now staying on topic, I'm looking for something like this to keep me busy. Is the o.p. providing ppe: tyvek suits ,glove ,gogggles diagnostics?

I did, but he was lazy and I eventually let him go. Ended up automating a great deal of the maintenance work, and I run that from my phone. I have a couple helpers do the chop and reboot, and check on things once a day.

damn go figure another lazy fuck causing the loss of a good job to automation haha. I lost my house and everything i owned in the fires that ripped through Yuba County and was hoping that you might have still had an opening I posted some pictures of what use to be the house in a different thread. Got so hot it even cracked and ruined the foundation so there was literally nothing recoverable. If you happen to get any spots i would to put my skills to work. i am also beginning to study to get my bachelors degree for horticulture :tiphat::biggrin:

Wendull C.

Veteran
75 a year is 5 crops a year on an eight lighter at 2 a light at the bottomed out prices. Build your own capital, run your own buissiness.

WishDoctor

cali where primo indoor nugs sells for 400/lb all day night and with poisons added too...have fun with that crap. no regulations for pesticides disgusting no stringent testing. all just for your greed at the peoples expense...yay!!!
gross nasty wrong typical

Wendull C.

Veteran
400 a lb wouldnt even pay my light bill on a 1 kw veg to flower cycle. Try 2800 on some botique shit. 2000 to 2200 on cookies and pie.

Now my beloved og i have held so long,1350. Still a far cry from 400.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts