What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Vibe in Hawaii

ijim

Upcountry BI. Cool weather perfect sativa climate. Take you pick. 60 year old lava flow bare and open, Rain forest, fern forest. Plenty of cover for large plants. Or ranch and ag land. Lots of shacks, ohana's and water cisterns. Easy to camo a greenhouse. Grow indoors with the sun and fresh air. Check out Craigslist list then use Google maps to check out the terrain and neighbors.

41hope

Out door growers for the most part are getting killed in Cali. I have close friends who have been moving 100's of pounds of outdoor cali for 35 plus years 2 years ago they retired can't move shit unless they have indoor contacts. Most outdoor cali guys sell their product on east coast, that will last until indoor gets there. Clearly a trend here!
These gardens over time will get larger & larger "another trend" but the smaller gardens will produce better quality because of TLC. Then the larger gardens will get smart and hire PHd's for consultation like every other farmer in the world. The PHD will show him/her how to get quality & quantity. Botany is not a popular degree as a result the Botany programs are getting wacked across the country. Students have no where to go? NO PH'd in USA causing PH'd in Europe to come over. These strip mall MJ colleges are fine for learning how to grow on small scale its crazy to think your gonna be successful in this business long term with out an understanding of chemistry, biology, & physics basically all the shit I avoided when I got my BS 20 years ago. Shit with a undergrad in Botany you can do most of the pest shit, testing, formulation etc..
I saw the same thing in the farming community where I grew up. My friends parents who were farmers put their kids thru college some of them majored in Botany Ag etc... came home took their parents million dollar businesses turned them in multimillion dollar operations.
Hawaii cannot stop progress or commerce money talks. This hatred for mainlanders is real its actually hate crimes it just a matter of time before media gets a good story out of it.
When MJ legalizes sounds like their will be lots of beat downs going on in Hi great opportunity to partner up with attorney put lot of islanders in prison and hope for a BJ Penn and take his family fortune. In stead of chasing accident victims we chase beat downs.

41hope

Midnight please tell me how you can tell I'm gonna take a beat down? How will anyone know what the hell I'm doing. A big part of business is relationships, islanders hate the people with the money you honestly think islanders have a better chance of developing mj relationships with the Hotel corp executives, military,etc.. fuck NO this business is about trust, islanders are clearly demonstrating they cannot be trusted as a result they will be out of the business. If you look at all the money being thrown around in cali you can be sure that its coming to Hi. Tourist wanna smoke the best on their vacation not the dog shit that the islanders give em.

JOJO420

Veteran
Ok, honestly, I don't know where you are going with all this. Hawaii is a magical , wonderful, spiritual place. The Islanders have held it down for centuries. It seems you wanna blast into town and change things. I don't think it will work out for you very well. I'm not saying that Hawaii is not into the change you preach, I just feel like it might take a minute of time, and alot of hard work. There is a vibe known as "Island Style" .. That's how Hawaii works. The Hawaiians have a plan and they are actively enforcing it. If you fit with the plan, well then ALOHA!!!. If you don't, it can be downright scary. This is Hawaii. It is not Amerika.

JoJo it sounds like were getting outdoor and indoor confused.
please expand, and tell me how? ok?

when was the last time you bit into a ripe peach?
yesterday :) Grown in the backyard. All organic, not even sprayed once this season. What are you getting at??

What happened to all the agriculture in Hi?
WHAT??? wtf? This shows your complete and utter inexperience at groking or researching Hawaiian Ag. Go to google, search it, then you will not make such an assinine statement. It does not matter how long you went to school, or how long you grew for x, y , or z.. You have not grown in Hawaii. it seems you don't wanna follow our advice, those of us that live here or have lived here. Seems you know it all. Im done wasting my time, trying to help a brother out. You go to Hawaii, and have your own experience. When you get beat down, I don't even wanna hear about it.. GL :)

Midnight

Veteran
Midnight please tell me how you can tell I'm gonna take a beat down? How will anyone know what the hell I'm doing. ..

Because you've never been there, have NO CLUE what's going on (as evidence I present your last two posts) and you think that just because you have some botany degree that you are going to show the locals what it's all about. In fact, I'm starting to think this whole thread is a troll thread, I mean you really can't be as arrogant as you come across in your posts. You've been told by several of us what the "real" deal is, you just go right ahead and change the way those stupid locals do things. I am done with this thread.

Midnight

Veteran
WHAT??? wtf? This shows your complete and utter inexperience at groking or researching Hawaiian Ag. Go to google, search it, then you will not make such an assinine statement. It does not matter how long you went to school, or how long you grew for x, y , or z.. You have not grown in Hawaii. it seems you don't wanna follow our advice, those of us that live here or have lived here. Seems you know it all. Im done wasting my time, trying to help a brother out. You go to Hawaii, and have your own experience. When you get beat down, I don't even wanna hear about it.. GL :)

Lmao...I posted almost the same thing! :thank you: :tiphat: :laughing:

41hope

I never lived where I live now. Its far more dangerous here than there. Nobody knows me here, I try to be a ghost, my customers have no clue, all they care about is the cheap price & quality.
Also I didn't mean to give you the impression that farming is easy, I know first hand its not. What I'm saying is that this business is changing quickly, and I don't believe a majority of the growers including my self are gonna make it. In my mind the only chance I have is to go back to school get a PHD that with my business background and decade of growing experience should put me on = footing as big business. I think my plan has lots of substance behind it please tear it apart it only helps. "Iron sharpens Iron" To me this is a very healthy discussion. So far the only resistance is the locals but like I said from the beginning my plan was to deal with non hawaiins. So it's not clear to me how anyone will know what I'm doing?
Where I live now Police don't care if you have a license, not only will they kick your door down but they will shoot you on the spot and get away with it. Gang bangers come to the nice side of town all the time to rob us. Had 2 guys a while back busting thru my front door with giant rocks (home invasion nothing to do with growing) they couldn't get in until the door starting falling apart, as one peeped his head thru the giant hole in the door he saw me standing there waiting with my sword, I should have cut his hand off but I wanted them both to enter my house, pussy and his buddy ran off like cowards. Round here what growers do is shoot em drag em in break down grow then report intrusion day or so later. The trouble you get into for that is nothing compared to them finding your grow.
So I still don't understand how locals are worse than my current situation. When cops break down your door here its a win if you don't get killed. The only positive is that if you kill thieves here and have an air tight story your golden more times than not.

G

Guest 150314

I don't have experience with all the islands, but I am a young white guy from BC who lived near Kihei, Maui for a couple months and I found the locals to be friendly. I am pretty quiet and layed back and I made many friends there in a few months. If you come with respect you will most likely get respect.

The vibe I got is that, if you are an egomaniac,step on toes, or like to get drunk and act a fool you could easily end up badly beaten or missing.

One of the best memories of my life so far was smoking a fatty of maui outdoor (with a now deceased friend) during sunrise at the top of Haleakala, basically a religious experience.

B

bongbong

I never lived where I live now. Its far more dangerous here than there. Nobody knows me here, I try to be a ghost, my customers have no clue, all they care about is the cheap price & quality.
Also I didn't mean to give you the impression that farming is easy, I know first hand its not. What I'm saying is that this business is changing quickly, and I don't believe a majority of the growers including my self are gonna make it. In my mind the only chance I have is to go back to school get a PHD that with my business background and decade of growing experience should put me on = footing as big business. I think my plan has lots of substance behind it please tear it apart it only helps. "Iron sharpens Iron" To me this is a very healthy discussion. So far the only resistance is the locals but like I said from the beginning my plan was to deal with non hawaiins. So it's not clear to me how anyone will know what I'm doing?
Where I live now Police don't care if you have a license, not only will they kick your door down but they will shoot you on the spot and get away with it. Gang bangers come to the nice side of town all the time to rob us. Had 2 guys a while back busting thru my front door with giant rocks (home invasion nothing to do with growing) they couldn't get in until the door starting falling apart, as one peeped his head thru the giant hole in the door he saw me standing there waiting with my sword, I should have cut his hand off but I wanted them both to enter my house, pussy and his buddy ran off like cowards. Round here what growers do is shoot em drag em in break down grow then report intrusion day or so later. The trouble you get into for that is nothing compared to them finding your grow.
So I still don't understand how locals are worse than my current situation. When cops break down your door here its a win if you don't get killed. The only positive is that if you kill thieves here and have an air tight story your golden more times than not.

Now that's some funny shit.

R

rick shaw

He should partner with yumyumsyrup, who I understand is "looking to move to a medical state"

41hope

Its such bull shit here residents have no defense. Cops don't give a fuck shoot everyone white, black, rich, poor. At 1st I thought it was the cops so I laid on the ground waiting for them. I had 2 sliding doors leaning up against the front door, on the burglars final blow that knocked a whole in the door it also blew the 2 sliding doors that almost fell on me but I rolled out of the way, I looked up and saw a red shirt and a little arm reaching for the door nob so I grab my sword, after not being able to open the door he looked in and saw me and ran off with his buddy.
I told all my neighbors and some told me the same guys rob them when they weren't home, I was the 1st. I'm such a sick fuck that I slept in the backyard one night waiting for them, then slept on the roof deciding to hook up brackets on the roof with rope so I can swing down like Tarzan and hit em. I don't sleep on the roof anymore but as a result I can escape from fires, invaders etc.. from any upstairs room.

vta

Veteran
You have a sword????

Well, why didn't you say that in your first post?

You should be fine!

Hell ya! It scared the gang bangers!

753_knife-kid-gtfo.gif

B

bongbong

When you say your sword you're really talking about your penis right?

fedor420

if ur from california than hawaii is kinda eh... i was born here but prefer where i was raised in california much more.

prices are worst than when i was 13 years old smoking in cali haha.

oldhaole

Veteran
If your from Hawaii...CA weed is rubbish.

If you live on Oahu....chances are your smoking import Cali weed....AND paying Hawaii prices for the priveledge.

Remember...flights leave daily. Nobody has a gun to your head, you can go back any time you want.