What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

800w Satori / Kalichakra scrog

TheFxckingHero

Hi, MoleMcHenry. I haven't looked at this forum in years and apparently never posted before haha (took a break from growing for 2 years or so, but started again this year... posting now and then on another forum...)

Anyways, nice plants, looks like you've got a nice setup going. I am doing some outdoor hempy buckets (using 100% perlite) and have a couple questions for you since I saw you've done some coco hempy buckets before. I saw you had some pretty decent sized plants in a 3 liter bottle and another in a plastic cup bogged in a 1 gal jug. You also had atleast one plant in a normal 2 liter bottle. I was wondering if you ever flowered this one? The reason I ask is because right now I'm trying out a bunch of 2 liter bottle small hempy buckets... I have 11 plants (from various bagseed) going right now and have 40 mandala safari mix on the way (supposed to be crosses of kalichakra and white satin), which I plan on vegging in 2 liter bottles for a while also.

I'm just wondering, about how tall have you had plants in the 2 liter bottle hemp buckets? If you flowered any in them, what kind of yield were you getting? Have you noticed any problems with plants getting rootbound? I'm just curious, because I may just end up doing a whole bunch of 2 liter bottle hempy buckets... they're easy and convenient to work with. I am thinking the plants getting rootbound isn't as much of a problem in a passive hydro setup like this compared to in soil, since you can regularly feed the plants, but not sure.... I might move some plants into bigger buckets, maybe even some 5 gal ones for a few monsters (these plants will be growing outside all summer haha), or maybe I'll try doubling 2 liters vertically for a little extra room... not sure. What do you think? Do you think running a bunch of 2 liter hempys would turn out well, or would I be better off doing less plants in larger buckets? guess I could also try bogging 2 liters in a rubbermaid type tub...

K

Kal-El

Hey Mole, Plants look fantastic.
I hear they are both great heat resistant strains.
I always wanted to try them, now I am going to have to get some.
Way to go.

divenosa

Mole, was loving the thread until...you still out there? How did everything turn out? I'm a CMH fan who would love to hear about it.

MoleMcHenry

I'm still here. I just got busy and had to re-prioritize.

As for the harvest, I came in at a pound dry, divided equally between Satori and Kalichakra. In terms of the quality of the smoke, both the Kalichakra and the Satori taste delicious and are potent as heck.

Latest posts

Latest posts