What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

800w Satori / Kalichakra scrog

TheFxckingHero

Hi, MoleMcHenry. I haven't looked at this forum in years and apparently never posted before haha (took a break from growing for 2 years or so, but started again this year... posting now and then on another forum...)

Anyways, nice plants, looks like you've got a nice setup going. I am doing some outdoor hempy buckets (using 100% perlite) and have a couple questions for you since I saw you've done some coco hempy buckets before. I saw you had some pretty decent sized plants in a 3 liter bottle and another in a plastic cup bogged in a 1 gal jug. You also had atleast one plant in a normal 2 liter bottle. I was wondering if you ever flowered this one? The reason I ask is because right now I'm trying out a bunch of 2 liter bottle small hempy buckets... I have 11 plants (from various bagseed) going right now and have 40 mandala safari mix on the way (supposed to be crosses of kalichakra and white satin), which I plan on vegging in 2 liter bottles for a while also.

I'm just wondering, about how tall have you had plants in the 2 liter bottle hemp buckets? If you flowered any in them, what kind of yield were you getting? Have you noticed any problems with plants getting rootbound? I'm just curious, because I may just end up doing a whole bunch of 2 liter bottle hempy buckets... they're easy and convenient to work with. I am thinking the plants getting rootbound isn't as much of a problem in a passive hydro setup like this compared to in soil, since you can regularly feed the plants, but not sure.... I might move some plants into bigger buckets, maybe even some 5 gal ones for a few monsters (these plants will be growing outside all summer haha), or maybe I'll try doubling 2 liters vertically for a little extra room... not sure. What do you think? Do you think running a bunch of 2 liter hempys would turn out well, or would I be better off doing less plants in larger buckets? guess I could also try bogging 2 liters in a rubbermaid type tub...

K

Kal-El

Hey Mole, Plants look fantastic.
I hear they are both great heat resistant strains.
I always wanted to try them, now I am going to have to get some.
Way to go.

divenosa

Mole, was loving the thread until...you still out there? How did everything turn out? I'm a CMH fan who would love to hear about it.

MoleMcHenry

I'm still here. I just got busy and had to re-prioritize.

As for the harvest, I came in at a pound dry, divided equally between Satori and Kalichakra. In terms of the quality of the smoke, both the Kalichakra and the Satori taste delicious and are potent as heck.