What's new

lightproofing a window & door

R

Rab.C

Alright icmag i am going to turn a small bedroom into a growroom
thing is i need help with light proofing the door. and i want too bring
air into the room via the window but i need it all light proof any advise welcome thanks Rab.C

troutman

Seed Whore
One time, I used dark blue curtains and on the back of them I taped on some aluminum foil to stop
all light leaks. So from the outside it looked like blue curtains and all normal. It worked like a charm.

yts farmer

Veteran
What size window you got?

I seen someone hang wooden blinds, not metal as there too noisy, then put some screws through the bottom into window cull to stop any movement. Then used tongue and groove wooden flooring to seal the room off from sunlight and then use mastic to make airtight.

You can then cut the whole size you require for your ducting to bring in fresh air, just make sure your ducting run has a couple 90 degree bends so not to let any light down your ducting.

Peace.

R

Rab.C

Thank's troutman & yts farmer. i will use the wooden blind for sure but was thinking
put blind a bit more into window were it hangs.then behind it use celotex insulation
so i dont get water droplets on the window. Cheers Rab.

yts farmer

Veteran
Thank's troutman & yts farmer. i will use the wooden blind for sure but was thinking
put blind a bit more into window were it hangs.then behind it use celotex insulation
so i dont get water droplets on the window. Cheers Rab.

You got it mate, hang the blind where you would traditionally hang it, the cellotex board is a great idea also.

Only suggested wooden flooring as dependent what your current situation growise is, bringing wooden flooring into say a flat or apartment raises less eyebrows than insulation board would, horse for courses and all that. Would love to see what you decide to go with though, good luck:tiphat:

Peace.

R

Rab.C

You got it mate, hang the blind where you would traditionally hang it, the cellotex board is a great idea also.

Only suggested wooden flooring as dependent what your current situation growise is, bringing wooden flooring into say a flat or apartment raises less eyebrows than insulation board would, horse for courses and all that. Would love to see what you decide to go with though, good luck:tiphat:

Peace.

aye m8 thats i better idea:bow:i forgot about neighbours seeing
me take in celotex...so flooring it is Thanks Yts Farmer:tiphat: