What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bubblebag Questions

Ok so if I have this right, I've got my material already dried, cured, and frozen in freezer safe ziploc bags (the big 2 gallon ones from amazon, so convenient lol). Now I want to get;

- Set of bubblebags
- Mini washing machine
- 1-gallon pressure sprayer to wash the hash down the bags with ice water (a new one used strictly for hash making)
- Container to put bags over
- Lots of ice on hand

And that's it? Put ice, water, material into washing machine. Empty into bags over container. Wash through filters with pressure sprayer filled with ice cold water. Scoop hash out. Few points of confusion though.

- What do I do with spent hash water? Any use?
- How many times can I run the same material?
- How do I dry the hash without a freeze drier?
- Does it matter what company bags? Any experience from you guys? I'm looking into 20 gallon bags, as I'll work with perhaps 1-4 lbs of trim at a time.

Thanks for any help.

MedGrowerTom

Organic Dank Land
Veteran
- What do I do with spent hash water? Any use?
I water the outside plants with it...
- How many times can I run the same material?
I used to do 2 rounds...
- How do I dry the hash without a freeze drier?
My preferred way, grab the wet ball of hash, put into freezer. after a lil bit when its froze, I put threw a cheese grater. Letting it all fall into a CLEAN/NEW pizza box, and I close the lid and let it slowly dry out for couple days, then I squish half for rosin, and keep rest for full melt bubble hash, but we used to just squish as much water out, and just leave it in the ball(did that for years, until learning about the cheese grater and pizza box.....way better
- Does it matter what company bags? Any experience from you guys? I'm looking into 20 gallon bags, as I'll work with perhaps 1-4 lbs of trim at a time.
Personally, I use bubblemans bags.

MedGrowerTom

Organic Dank Land
Veteran
also, I will add, we used to always rock the screw gun and paint stirrer,(heck used to give demos of this at the compassion clubs, even did a local magazine article and video on this years ago, but we got a mini washer a few years ago and its so much better, its way more easy on the product will be more pure imo, the other way its very easy to over do it if you don't know what you are doing.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
420giveaway
As for the waste water..... I have never tried this and it doesn't make sense that it would work but....

One guy in Alaska swears that he uses the waste water to make beer and the resulting beer makes people stoned as heck.

I do make my own beer and although I have not made water hash in a long time, this is next on my list for experiments.

MedGrowerTom

Organic Dank Land
Veteran
As for the waste water..... I have never tried this and it doesn't make sense that it would work but....

One guy in Alaska swears that he uses the waste water to make beer and the resulting beer makes people stoned as heck.

I do make my own beer and although I have not made water hash in a long time, this is next on my list for experiments.

a buddy of mine makes wine out of stems and stuff, I think he may of tried using water hash water before, dont remember the details though, I just give it to the outside plants

Ringodoggie

Premium user
420giveaway
I have not made bubble in a long time but my old setup was pretty cool. I used the 5 gallon RV washing machine that drained into the 3 bags mounted inside 3 separate drywall buckets with the bottoms cut out and stacked. The last bucket had a hole in the bottom side to prevent vacuum and to let the water out of the last bucket. The entire stack sat in a plastic storage bin with a submersible pump. When the water was done running through the bags and came out the bottom hole, the pump would come on and send the water from the plastic storage bin down the hall to the bathroom tub drain.

After 20 years of refining my water setup, I am moving and selling it all. LOL Oh well, at least I learned. I'll buy a new setup once I get settle in Cali and start growing again.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I push the hash through a strainer on to parchment to dry. The cooler and drier the atmosphere the better.

Don't buy discount bags. Any of the mid to high end bags are worth the coin.

I do as many runs as the material dictates and stop when yield is visibly 1/3 of the best pull.

20g bags are nice but depending how often ya get the 1-4lbs you might be better off with 5g.

Thanks for all the answers guys.

I push the hash through a strainer on to parchment to dry. The cooler and drier the atmosphere the better.

You do this directly after harvesting from the bags? Or do you freeze it for a bit first? And can you dry in a fridge, or will the extreme cold/dryness harm the hash's terpenes?

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I use a 25u screen over new hand towels as a wick. Once you've cleaned up your gear it is very dry. Quick sieve and into a tent with AC or the fridge with desiccant. The cooler it is (to a point) the better the colour.

The cooler the temperature the less terpene evaporation unless exposed to vacuum.

Last edited:

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
I've only done this a few times so I don't really have any helpful comments, I was just amazed he said 20 gallon bag. I had enough trouble filling a 5 gallon bag with cuttings, I cannot imagine a 20 gallon.

2Blunt2

I use a 25u screen over new hand towels as a wick. Once you've cleaned up your gear it is very dry. Quick sieve and into a tent with AC or the fridge with desiccant. The cooler it is (to a point) the better the colour.

The cooler the temperature the less terpene evaporation unless exposed to vacuum.

sure but you have to be under the 0 degrees ..
25 microns is essential for drying.

many deficits in your ideas.
ask again for help