What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

San Diego's Finest Cuts

Dragor

:chin: ... :smoker: ... :joint:...

Dear ICMag community,
Subrob and I decided to start a San Diego cuts only thread where caregivers and patient-growers alike who have grown, are currently growing, and looking to grow any San Diego-specific clones (i.e. acquired from actual cultivators or cloners in the SD area) can come together and share knowledge, advice, and photography :) ... happy viewing/posting to all...

:lurk:
San Diego Madness Cut - APE
SVC_APESDMadness.jpg
IMG_2604.jpg

San Diego Poway '91 (aka P91) - APE
SVC_APESDP91.jpg
IMG_2561.jpg

Last edited:

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
that was quick! lol!-very important to point out:
1-APE does not claim these clones are his- just that SD patients can get them from him. he is very upfront about whos selections they are. when he knows.

2-nobodys saying san diego rules or anything of the sort-lets just have a san diego growers thread-everyone welcome to enjoy!

will throw up some pics soon- just trying to head off any hatin.....sub

G

I'm interested in seeing this one subrob. Never heard of those strains...Any background on em Dragor??? Yea, I hope there is no hating, because this could be a good thread. Had a few friends that grew in SD back in the late 80's...SD has some potent downlow strains for sure...Good shit Dragor

TriGG

molly

Nice choices. I'm interested in this Madness cut and to see what all the hype is about. Keep it going!

J

JeffSpicoli

Heres a outdoor P91 bush i had a few years back :wave:
'poway class of '91'

and heres a pic i had of a dry nug

Last edited:

Dragor

Sub: Haha toljah I would start it soon! :D Thanks for setting those APE-related ground rules (APE = single best cloning master I've met, and that's all - no breeding or cultivating I don't believe)
Pirate: Was hoping to get a lil ICM'er support in this department hah
TriGG: Madness is a very dank special cut of the "Salmon Creek Big Bud" that's become common/popular up in NorCal in the past 5-10 years (and this SCBB actually originated like 2 decades ago in Oregon based on Subrob's account and a cpl others on here). P91 is a NL5 plant (I've heard two stories behind it: a NL5 IBL, as well as a strong cut from NL5xSk1 mama someone had back in '91 in Poway, San Diego, so I don't know how we'll ever find out).
molly: stay tuned for the show glad to have you onboard :)

edit: Muchas gracias JSpicoli for the flower PIX (btw those nugs and the wide dark leaves on that P91 tell me she's allll Northern Lights baby!!) Nice start let's keep it rollin'...

Last edited:

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
this is not "my strain" (madness)it was grown by a san diego grower for 25 years(story i got) he retired couple years ago, asked a mutual friend if he knew someone who would care about her and that is how i came to get it. with her quality, unique taste and yield, she is an incredible strain. me and my bro decided not to hoarde her, and that is how APE came to have it-she must spread!!!!!if you have access, dont hesitate-you wont regret it....sub

p.s. dragor- i will go find the smoke report and bump it.....sub

p.p.s.- as far as Salmon Creek Big Bud-still figuring out if this is same strain-currently trying to get this cut to a couple folks up north who are still running scbb. we will see......

Last edited:

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
see if i can find some of the GDP cut i hooked APE up with:

heres some GRAPE APE from the APE cut:EDIT: SINCE HAS BEEN DETERMINED MOST LIKELY MENDO PURPS: END EDIT

BULLRIDER-another san diego cut(i believe)-got it from APE:

Last edited:

Dragor

:jawdrop: woah this is one elegant gallery you have established here sub, thanks!
..." and God said let there be Light"... lol ... thank YOU and bro for not hoarding, ego can get in the way of compassion for sure, honesty will live on, egotism will wither away... I am also going to plan to get some cuts to my cannabis caregiver friends in Cen and Nor Cal in the coming months...
Okay so Sub can you help me with this ? please... I am planning to change style from SOG garden to topped/trained "spider" style garden. I see you did a single cola stretch structure the first time around with Madness and then you topped her on your more recent run? How long did you veg her after topping to get those fat colas? Does she stretch a lot in early flower? I am planning to top her and let her get some nice branching for 3 weeks until end of the month, is enough time you think for a currently 7in baby? thanks brotha
p.s. dam dat grape ape looks incredibly edible! :biglaugh:
p.p.s. love that golden bud tray! :biglaugh:

Last edited:
G

THIS IS SOME INTERESTING SHIT!

-It's rad to learn about LOCAL HOMETOWN strains!

...Ima grab a p91 clone off my buddy and post pix soon...sooooon

tdmaker2

Hey...

Hey...

Nice thread, I've got a couple of APE's picks of some awesome OG kush and his special Purple Queen project (grape ape x serious seed's chronic). I'll post after I get permission from the growers.

Dragor

tdmaker2 said:
Nice thread, I've got a couple of APE's picks of some awesome OG kush and his special Purple Queen project (grape ape x serious seed's chronic). I'll post after I get permission from the growers.
Purple Queen sounds like it would be on par with this magnificent GRAPE APE that our friend SubRob has so nicely placed on this page... BIGUPS SUB that is some excellent growing, did the GA organically right? I need to get a hold of APE and get a cut of that for this next cycle... MUUUUST! Please give us a quick smoke synopsis if you can bro gracias muchisimo

Latest posts

Latest posts