What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

hemp oil dosage for dog?

FoCo(No.Co)

Barned
Veteran
I agree with you on the physical effects of cannabis on dogs, I really do not believe it will kill them.

Do you think they enjoy the effects though and is it fair to dose animal that has no choice? I have seen a few dogs eat cannabis and get the shakes or start walking in a zig zag and they do not look like they are enjoying it. They have that look in their eyes like what have you done to me.

I definitely do not think dogs like being high, if your dog is shaking then you have given it to much. Earlier when I mentioned shaking I was giving an example of how to know when you are giving too high of a dose.

But a lower, comfortable dose should stimulate appetite, kill pain, encourage restful sleep, and potentially inhibit the growth of cancer cells(CBD has been proven to do this is a lab setting, but there is no proof oral doses do).

Mikron

How is a vet a good source for information about cannabis? Where would your vet have learned the first thing about it? Do you think they teach the chemistry of marijuana in veterinary school? I can tell you for a fact that they dont, because the shit they teach in vet school is all peer reviewed science and the federal ban on cannabis research prevents it from being studied.

Any negative information you have heard from your vet about cannabis is the product of assumption, not science.

Many doctors think that cannabis is a poisinous drug that causes physical addiction, but would you claim it was true if your doctor told you that was the case?

For a fact eh so you are aware of the info booklets they recieve on each drug they distribute... Ever heard of the section called counteractions with other drugs and this medication? Also does an autopsy lie? Luckily the owner was carded so hey didn't get charged with anything.

Quit while your ahead and keep the fact to the professionals.

I also would like to add that they have documents on how to deal with animals that have consumed drugs and which meathods are best to save them before its too late.

FoCo(No.Co)

Barned
Veteran
For a fact eh so you are aware of the info booklets they recieve on each drug they distribute... Ever heard of the section called counteractions with other drugs and this medication? Also does an autopsy lie? Luckily the owner was carded so hey didn't get charged with anything.

Quit while your ahead and keep the fact to the professionals.

So what chemical did the autopsy identify as the cause of death? THC?

Whats the LD-50 for THC in canines?

Mikron

They had a case in the same clinic where a rottweiler ate a pile of decomp leaf in compost and it died. Owner was charged

FoCo(No.Co)

Barned
Veteran
According to the Material Safety Data Sheet-

"TOXICITY
TETRAHYDROCANNABINOL:
TOXICITY DATA: 666 MG/KG ORAL-RAT LD50; 482 MG/KG ORAL-MOUSE LD50; 525 MG/KG
ORAL-DOG
LDLO; 29 MG/KG INTRAVENOUS-RAT LD50; 42 MG/KG INTRAVENOUS-MOUSE
LD50; 128 MG/KG INTRAVENOUS-MONKEY LDLO; 373 MG/KG INTRAPERITONEAL-RAT
LD50; 168 MG/KG INTRAPERITONEAL-MOUSE LD50; REPRODUCTIVE EFFECTS DATA
(RTECS); MUTAGENIC DATA (RTECS); TUMORIGENIC DATA (RTECS)."

Stop for a second and think about how much trim a dog would have to eat to die from it.

FoCo(No.Co)

Barned
Veteran
If 525 mg/kg is a lethal dose for a dog, a 40 kg dog would have to eat 21000 mg of THC.

If trim is 2% thc by weight and THC has an oral bio-availability of 20% (which I think are liberal figures, feel free to chime in if you know otherwise), our 40 kg dog would have to eat 5250 g or 5.25 kilos of trim.

FlowerFarmer

Veteran
Veterinary professionals?

Not where I am from. Most are idiots that just like to push antibiotics for any reason and crap dog food to line their own pockets.

Most of them don't know shit about canine nutrition and misdiagnose all the time. They've got big biz pet food companies shoving bullshit down their throats.

I'll always consult with other experienced pet owners on the internet before believing some of the horseshit that comes out of these "professionals" mouths. Not saying all are like this, but a good number of them are..despite many thinking they have good intentions themselves. They are many times improperly schooled.

Yea.. consult your vet, but then consult a couple more, and a couple more after that if you're wallet can handle it..and then maybe you can come to an honest conclusion if you're lucky... Most of them are either happily ignorant.. or crooks. Sad to say.

Feed your dog a raw diet (consisting of raw meaty bones and organ meat) to better its health and report back on how the hemp oil works. Hopefully he has some happy years ahead of him.

mojoman

been giving my dog a dose of oil about every 3 days or so..I just melt a drop on a small piece of cheese and fold the cheese over...its a doggy-treat-med...;))

scanner248

been giving my dog a dose of oil about every 3 days or so..I just melt a drop on a small piece of cheese and fold the cheese over...its a doggy-treat-med...;))

For how long? Meant for medicine/prevention or just so fido can share in the buzz? Is it the "phoenix tears" type? Oil is relatively new to me. Always just leaned towards bud.

chef

Gene Mangler
Veteran
All mammals have an endocannabinoid system, cb1, cb2 receptors.
All endocannabinoid systems respond in a positive way, to the introduction of cannabinoids from the Cannabis plant. The only other source on the planet, other than what our bodies make on their own.
You think that's for a reason? or just for the hell of it? lol

Took a small tumor off my dog's neck with topical applications of BHO a few years ago. No reoccurrence since.
Been working with whole plant extracts ever since & haven't looked back. Amazing stuff!
Me & my dog just started a 90-100 day treatment together, just 'cuz we're gettin old lol

I'd say a little wobbly is what to shoot for, for a dog with cancer.
Tolerance builds up fast too, I'd bump it too wobbly until you reach .3 to .5g of phoenix tears style oil per day. Thread here at IC in the hash forum on QWET or search it.

Good luck ;)

scanner248

All mammals have an endocannabinoid system, cb1, cb2 receptors.
All endocannabinoid systems respond in a positive way, to the introduction of cannabinoids from the Cannabis plant. The only other source on the planet, other than what our bodies make on their own.
You think that's for a reason? or just for the hell of it? lol

Took a small tumor off my dog's neck with topical applications of BHO a few years ago. No reoccurrence since.
Been working with whole plant extracts ever since & haven't looked back. Amazing stuff!
Me & my dog just started a 90-100 day treatment together, just 'cuz we're gettin old lol

I'd say a little wobbly is what to shoot for, for a dog with cancer.
Tolerance builds up fast too, I'd bump it too wobbly until you reach .3 to .5g of phoenix tears style oil per day. Thread here at IC in the hash forum on QWET or search it.

Good luck ;)

Great reply! Thank you! Title for the specific thread to search on?

lost in a sea

Lifer
Veteran
do not do that it wont help with bone cancer.. i'm sorry..

activation of the cannabinoid pathway isn't how it helps topically for skin cancer so assumptions about the endocannabinoid receptors helping with bone cancer are just unfounded making giving it to your dog pointless imo anyway..

i cant believe he has bone cancer so young,, very sad... you could try herbal things like turmeric(tumoric) or chinese mushrooms like reishi or shitake for example both known to help the body fight cancer.. try all them and feed your dog vegitables like broccoli(which is anti cancer) and antioxidant berries covered in a meaty gravy or something.. but like i said bone cancer is particularly difficult to treat without certain techniques that i dont know enough about to speak on..

buy this book, since you care enough to try and treat your pet, it will help you prolong the life of your dogs..

http://www.amazon.com/Dr-Kidds-Guid...qid=1358822893&sr=8-1&keywords=dr.kidd+herbal

Last edited:

scanner248

do not do that it wont help with bone cancer.. i'm sorry..

activation of the cannabinoid pathway isn't how it helps topically for skin cancer so assumptions about the endocannabinoid receptors helping with bone cancer are just unfounded making giving it to your dog pointless imo anyway..

Thank you. Please clarify. Is this specifically for topical treatment? I'm giving internally and wondered if topical would be of any added benefit. Do you have any opinion or knowledge regarding ingestion for internal treatment?

lost in a sea

Lifer
Veteran
no you cant apply it to the bone for it to help so you cant apply it topically.. plus the problem will be in the marrow.. you need anything that can be fed to your dog that encourages its immune system..

chef

Gene Mangler
Veteran
no you cant apply it to the bone for it to help so you cant apply it topically.. plus the problem will be in the marrow.. you need anything that can be fed to your dog that encourages its immune system..

No shit? a topical won't get to the marrow? lol
That's why you or your dog ingest it Einstein!

It's also one of very few compounds that can penetrate the blood/brain barrier, thus it's ability to treat brain cancers.
Reaching the Bone marrow? No problemo...

lost in a sea

Lifer
Veteran
yes that was what i was explaining, thanks for the sarcasm..

i think you will find it doesnt help with bone cancer significantly, and the body doesnt work like you seem to think, but believe what you want and maybe the placebo effect will help..

it isnt a cure all and i hate to think that people and animals will suffer in some short sighted belief.. there are lots of plants that fight cancer in ways that are understood, you dont have to ingest ganja oil as if its your only hope, by all means do but its only one of thousands of plants, and these are plants that have been selected to actually be "anti cancer" through various means..

chef

Gene Mangler
Veteran
Most ways are understood, it's severalfold with cannabis.

1. It works at a cellular level, turning off cancer cells ability to communicate & divide & flicks on their self-destruct switch. (Apoptosis)
2. It cuts off the blood supply to tumors, so they simply shrink & die.
3. It also kils wayward cancer cells & keeps them from spreading after surgery.
4. The list goes on...

There are other beneficial plants, but no other plant even comes close!
Have heard of the shrooms being used along with the oil. The jury is still out, but I would if it was me!
A healthy diet is essential for health & healing...period! ;)