What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Dr Jay2001 has passed on to a better place

A

arvid b

I remember Dr Jay best-and most lovingly-for his adventures in wine and gourmet food! To me, he seemed Childlike where food was involved, constantly exploring and sharing his experiences.
I started drinking wine after Jay shared his own love and knowledge of it with a real and irrepressible passion. I will continue to use his recipes and drink his good advice.

His passing is a great shame for so many hearts.

"Oh, the tree of life is growing
Where the spirit never dies
And the bright light of salvation shines
In dark and empty skies"
Bob Dylan

Thanks Jay!

ORYGUN Grower

Respect Due

Respect Due

Dr Jay was an inspiration to many of us here.

Respect to the man who continues to promote cannabis even after death.

R.espect
I.nnner
P.eace

Ory

G

Dr.J was a great man that helped allot of people. I am thankful of the knowledge I learned in reading his many threads. May his soul rest peacefully. Finally, no more pain!!

G

respect to ICMAG - Dr. Jay would have appreciated this

respect to ICMAG - Dr. Jay would have appreciated this

There has been a great amount of repect and well wishes going out to Dr. Jay and I know he is shining upon all of us.

As a leader in the community and a hell of a nice guy, Dr. Jay will be missed around here.

Thanks to ICMAG there is now a namesake for the med forum :abduct:

I had a chance to visit with the good doc a few months ago and had a nice time sharing some of the meds he had been gifted from the many OG/CW/ICMAG folks he has become friends with in the past few years. At the time he was in a cervical brace - but we had no idea how ill he was. Last week when we spoke ont the phone it was clear he was not doing well, but the point got across to him that there was massive karma and positive energy being sent to him from around the globe.

Dr. Jay had a dream. He wanted to open a greenhouse breeding facility to preserve the classic sativas that have gone the way of the dodo in recent years. The plan was solid, and hopefully the family and friends will continue his quest.

It should be the goal of every Dr. Jay fan to carry on his dream of sativa's flourishing all over the world.

In memory of Dr. Jay I will start some old school Sativa's as soon as possible!

-joe

tragic1

I agree with you 100% Joe dirt. I have something planned for the future to honor Dr.jay. I think he would want us all to continue with his work.

quadracer

Dr. Jay was a good man. I have greatly appreciated his presence both here and at OG. He will be deeply missed.

mrwags

********* Female Seeds
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I never had the pleasure of conversing with the good Doctor but going by the respect given here by some of the members I do know,the community has had a great loss, there is no replacing wisdom. God Speed Doctor Jay. I bet he has a hell of a garden going by the time we get up there.

Mr.Wags

onus

Dr. Jay gave me the courage to feel that I had a right to soothe my pain my way, and the information to do it well. I can't imagine how much comfort he brought to so many. He will be missed.

As is customary in my culture, Dr. Jay will always be "of blessed memory."

belfast

James O'Brien interviews Dr Jay Cavanaugh Requires RealPlayer

James O'Brien interviews Dr Jay Cavanaugh Requires RealPlayer

http://www.abc.net.au/nsw/stories/s861194.htm
California's Cannabis Experience

Presenter: James O'Brien

Thursday, 22 May 2003
Dr Jay Cavanaugh

James O'Brien interviews Dr Jay Cavanaugh
( Audio in RealMedia format ) | Requires RealPlayer
Http://www.abc.net.au/nsw/stories/m608796.ram

The NSW Parliament looks set to approve the personal use of cannabis for medicinal use.

Under the plan, marijuana would be distributed by the soon to be formed "Office of Medical Cannabis".

While the trial looks set to be approved by state parliament…there’s been a mixed reaction from federal politicians. Some say there could be merit in using cannabis to treat people suffering from terminal illnesses, while others, including the former GP and now federal Education Minister Dr Brendan Nelson, indicate they won’t support the cannabis trial.

There’s a similar debate underway in the US. Seven years ago the Californian govt legalised cannabis use to treat people with chronic pain, but federal authorities there take a different approach and many people have been imprisoned for distributing the drug.

In this interview, James O'Brien speaks with Dr Jay Cavanaugh who knows first-hand the effect of taking cannabis to treat pain. He has used cannabis for pain relief for several years and is the head of the American Alliance for Medical Cannabis.

Clearly an advocate of the drug, Dr Cavanaugh explains the historical background to the California laws and reflects on their impact seven years after they were first introduced.

Last edited: