What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Colorado MMJ License ?'s

O

Organic-Dank

what does it take to open up a club? I have all the needs and knowledge to take care of it i just need to know how does one get the license to take care of its sick people... and around how muchh $$$??? I'll provide with cheap great organic cannabis if i can :)

BudGood

"Be shapeless, formless, like water..."
Veteran
Wow, I've not been near a computer for a while. This thread has taken off in my absence! Maybe we can start a Colorado group, have meetings, etc? I personally would love to network with other Colorado patients. Anyone else interested?

M

milehighmedical

I'd be down to network with some CO patients, I'm in northern colorado myself.

BudGood

Veteran
Southern CO here. Just think of all the possibilities.... It could be awesome.

M

milehighmedical

Oh yeah... there's a lot of lost ass patients out there. I have the luxury of having quite a few friends with cards but not everyone does.

feltonmuggs

Central Denver here - Count me in!

My application has been in for 3 weeks now, been using my paperwork to visit 2 clubs, not impressed with the ones so far. But I do give credit to the folks at The Healing Center in Westminster. Their grower won 2008 Harvest Cup for Grape Ape, and gave good advice on the Sweet Skunk clones I picked up. See Jesse and Deborah.

I've been here just over a year from east coast, Denver has a great growing meds scene. Living downtown I've managed to meet several people involved in the movement. http://marijuanaradio.com is broadcast out of the Santa Fe arts district, behind the Smoke Glass Arts studio. I've met the Chairman of the Colorado US Marijuana Party, and some folks that work in the local dispensaries.

BudGood

Veteran
Sweet! I have a few friends with cards, and I encourage everyone who I think would qualify to apply for it! I have a very cool doctor, whose exact words were "If someone says it offers them relief, who am I to tell them no?". Very cool. :D

I'm sure once we get the ball rolling, we could have quite a large group of patients, sharing knowledge and .... other things. :friends:

Remember, talking about swapping clones is against the TOU, don't do it here guys. Don't want any of us to get in trouble. :angrymod: :asskick: :spank: :ban: :yoinks:

Last edited:

Trend

Most of these replies are funny. You guys are ragin too fast it's an early and still descrete scene... Oh and for the record of the post sayin no good genetics in Co. thats funny too,most of the goods aren't in any of the current dispos as of now but they are here just hard to find. The Ak around the state is from 91' and better then most elites..of coarse there are also a ton of people makin money sellin bullshit and just usin the name for fakes. That grape ape that was mentioned is probably some of the weakest around here def not elite status. I know of chem d 91' pre 98 bubba,swerves and s1 bubbas,Sour d, sfv and bpz ogkush,headband is here so is ukcheese. Many many more just mostly underground unfortunately for the time being.

M

milehighmedical

Well yeah, there's plenty of good shit underground here. I got my hands on some UK cheese myself, some amazing DJ shorts blueberry, Banana Kush has been going around like crazy... one way or another I could find close to whatever my heart desired as far as genetics go. But that's irrelevant when you need a dozen clones of a certain strain ready to go. Friends are happy to hook up a free cutting so you can grow out your own mom, which is badass. But not necessarily what everyone needs.

As a paying (heavily paying) med patient I'd like to be able to go into a professional dispensary that can handle demand and say I want 12 strawberry AK-47 clones ready at the first of every month, for example. $25-$50+ for a rooted clone? I better get some fucking service.

Bottom line is you can get better service from the black market than the legal dispensary scene. If I hit up homeboy, he'll have whatever I want ready on the first of the month. It'll be 40-50 a piece, but everything will be perfect, because he's a fucking professional.

You'd think that being a med patient would demand a higher level of respect and service than some shady black market connection. I know what's possible, and what's not possible. And what I want is possible. But the truth is, most people in the med scene right now prefer to get fat off $60 eighths. We're in god damn colorado, I can get bomb chronic from a 14 year old punk for cheaper. *sigh*...

feltonmuggs

Sweet, I think that's the kind of friends people like myself are trying to make out here.

I've met some cool peeps since I moved out here barely a year ago, but just not people with the right connections, like milehigh speaks about. You're so right about the kids! When I first got here Boulder was the spot for me.

pikes peak 69

Only way to be rejected is if you falsefied your application.
People think that the state needs to approve your condition. WRONG1!! The state only checks that the Dr that signed the app is licensed to practice in this state. The state is no more a Dr then you and I, they can't decide if YOU can benefit or not. Only you and your DR can do that.
It's taking about 30 days to receive cards at this time, hopefully you burned a copy of the app., as your legal once Dr signs.

HTH
pp69

Just sent my stuff to the state. Anyone know the chances of being rejected.

M

milehighmedical

32 have been rejected since the program started after over 5000 patients. Like pikes peak said, once your doctor signs, you're already legal (as long as you have a copy of the app and a receipt from sending it in via registered mail).

Nothing to worry about... oh, and the waiting time is actually at 8 weeks now. So don't hold your breath, just move on and one day it will show up.

skifooot

Wow, I've not been near a computer for a while. This thread has taken off in my absence! Maybe we can start a Colorado group, have meetings, etc? I personally would love to network with other Colorado patients. Anyone else interested?

That would be awesome!!:yeahthats:yeahthats

JWH-018

I agree the dispensaries are mostly selling very mediocre product. But I don't agree it's such a young scene as look how much LA changed in just 2 years or so. Truth is a fair number of these places were opened knowing who was going to be supplying the bulk of the weed. Patient #'s mean they go through it slower and the result is blah. Since many enthusiasts can't get cards it kept the underground market healthy as opposed to it being gutted when everyone started shopping retail in California. Some of the more popular patient meet ups are very good places to get word of mouth recommendations for 1-2 strain HQ services.

Oh and I would say you really shouldn't sign over your caregiver to these clubs! They are just doing it to keep you coming back and lock out individual caregivers. I'd get a suggestion for a good independant and sign up with them as you should be able to get an ounce+ for free every month out of the deal, much better than $25 a visit even if its only a $200 oz. You can still go to a shop for other strains.

P

Paco

I agree the dispensaries are mostly selling very mediocre product. But I don't agree it's such a young scene as look how much LA changed in just 2 years or so. Truth is a fair number of these places were opened knowing who was going to be supplying the bulk of the weed. Patient #'s mean they go through it slower and the result is blah. Since many enthusiasts can't get cards it kept the underground market healthy as opposed to it being gutted when everyone started shopping retail in California. Some of the more popular patient meet ups are very good places to get word of mouth recommendations for 1-2 strain HQ services.

Oh and I would say you really shouldn't sign over your caregiver to these clubs! They are just doing it to keep you coming back and lock out individual caregivers. I'd get a suggestion for a good independant and sign up with them as you should be able to get an ounce+ for free every month out of the deal, much better than $25 a visit even if its only a $200 oz. You can still go to a shop for other strains.

More good info JWH...
Although I have spoken to some of the owners of a couple clubs, if you can bring them some HQ seeds, I have found, they are more than glad to give you some heavily discounted product. It is almost up to some of the more active patients to give these guys a jump start on getting better genes.
On the other hand some of these guys are growing in warehouses w/ large numbers of plants. as with any operation like that quality suffers. But i have been offered several times to be a contract grower, (unfortunately I have had to decline b/c of my legal status). So if you are able to move about and grow your own well, go into a dispensary let them know that you know your shit and maybe they will give you the same offer. Maybe we can have better grown herb around the area.