in:
Forums > IC Magazine > Website Support > Weed growin vs Political moanin

Thread Title Search
Weed growin vs Political moanin Thread Tools
Old 07-24-2020, 01:50 PM #1
Snook

Snook has disabled reputation
Weed growin vs Political moanin

Brother I'm here to learn and discuss cannabis.

Yes, I have political positions but I dont come here for that but it does draw me in when I see it but if I didnt see it I wouldn't look for it.

OTOH I'd think that much of the BS is 'stoked' by ICMAG shillls whos job it is to keep post count$ up.

How about a toggle that directs me/us to only weed threads and another pointing to political threads. By direction of a moderator.

I know this will go no wheere but I'll go on record for wanting it to happen. Thanks.

Last edited by Snook; 07-24-2020 at 01:51 PM.. Reason: 1 xtra word tken out.
Snook is offline Quote

11 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-24-2020, 02:56 PM #2
Ringodoggie

Ringodoggie is a survivorRingodoggie is a survivorRingodoggie is a survivorRingodoggie is a survivorRingodoggie is a survivorRingodoggie is a survivorRingodoggie is a survivorRingodoggie is a survivorRingodoggie is a survivorRingodoggie is a survivorRingodoggie is a survivor
I have to agree that the hate and anger have gone out of control in the non-pot threads around here. Gypsy will say it's nice that people can express their opinions in a free and open forum but it's not a discussion and they are not opinions. It's hate, anger and pure ugliness. It's what the world is today. All hate, brought on by the media. Look at the thread about masks. Nothing but hate for the opposing opinions from both sides.

I have killed dozens of people. Maybe hundreds. Men, women, children. I shot a guy in the chest 3 times once, because he kicked a stray dog. In a bar in Bangkok I shot a guy right in the face simply because he dared me to. I spent 18 months in a camp as a guest of charlie where I was beaten and tortured every single fucking day.

NEVER through ALL of that did I feel the hate and anger that I see in a simple internet forum discussing the in and outs of wearing a mask to prevent the spread of disease.

You humans are unfuckingbelievable. When will you learn that if you don't love your fellow man, it just ain't gonna work. I killed for money, not out of hate. You people are all worse that I ever was in my worst day.

/rant

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-24-2020, 03:05 PM #3
TakenByTheSky

TakenByTheSky has much to be proud ofTakenByTheSky has much to be proud ofTakenByTheSky has much to be proud ofTakenByTheSky has much to be proud ofTakenByTheSky has much to be proud ofTakenByTheSky has much to be proud ofTakenByTheSky has much to be proud ofTakenByTheSky has much to be proud ofTakenByTheSky has much to be proud ofTakenByTheSky has much to be proud ofTakenByTheSky has much to be proud of
The sheer volume of political BS is basically why I don't spend much time on here. The best way to make an enemy of a friend is to bring up politics or religion.

Ive been an off and on member here since 2007, I feel the community here was much closer during those years that politics was a banned subject.
TakenByTheSky is offline Quote

9 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-24-2020, 03:24 PM #4
superx

superx is a survivorsuperx is a survivorsuperx is a survivorsuperx is a survivorsuperx is a survivorsuperx is a survivorsuperx is a survivorsuperx is a survivorsuperx is a survivorsuperx is a survivorsuperx is a survivor
All the trump threads are making me violently ill, I can't seem to help myself from clicking on them.
I usually come away feeling quite disoriented....

Maybe I should seek help...
superx is online now Quote

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-24-2020, 03:53 PM #5
flylowgethigh
grassyhopper

flylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivor
I catch myself typing a reply on a thread, and scroll up to check if it was in the speakers forum. If so, I delete and sneak out before anyone notices me there. Look at the "new posts" tab, and most are in the speaker's corner.

This wuflu thing has been so effective because it plays on people's fear of the unknown. The media, in their desperate gambit to get rid of Trump, has played it to the max. People still believe the media for some reason, so they are falling for it.

I now ONLY watch news to see the local weather lies. I see the divisiveness in people at one of the little local beer bars. They will all be crowded into a corner of the bar, so it is easier to talk. Bartender (owner) is sitting there in the inside of the corner, all huddled up like so many lobsters in a cave. They all lit into me about how real this wuflu is, how the .guv is fixing to shut down little bars like that again. I argue that they are all close together and could all be catching right there. No good, so I leave and go to the other little beer bar in the area. More a Trump place. No fear of masks, no BS.

The country is divided on such a BS thing as masks. That fookin foochie is behind this.

The dam in china is a much bigger deal IMO. 2020 is a year they will probably remove from their calendar.

https://youtu.be/NUmIO_MG5IU?t=87
flylowgethigh is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-24-2020, 04:12 PM #6
insomniac_AU

insomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud of
I haven't been around for a while and it doesn't look like things have improved. I steer well clear of those types of threads because to me they're pointless. Nothing ever gets resolved, no one's opinions ever change. The sad part is it's likely good people with a lot to offer have either been banned because they got swept up in one of these threads or have left the forum because of them. Aren't there enough people to argue with on Twitter about this sort of stuff? Do we really need to argue in here as well with our brothers and sisters?

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-24-2020, 04:13 PM #7
Zeez
------------------------------>

Zeez is a survivorZeez is a survivorZeez is a survivorZeez is a survivorZeez is a survivorZeez is a survivorZeez is a survivorZeez is a survivorZeez is a survivorZeez is a survivorZeez is a survivor
The only ones upset about political threads are likely trump supporters.

Wah wah wah. Don't talk about what a train wreck our bad actor is......

Complaining about a political thread and you create one. Other pot forums have whole sections devoted to politics.
Talking openly and freely brought about legalization. More politics.
Zeez is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-24-2020, 04:27 PM #8
Gypsy Nirvana
Free'd P.O.W.

Gypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivor
- simple - just don't click on a thread - if the title has anything to do with what might be stressing you out - others want to talk about whatever - and if its not your 'cup-of-tea' - then find a thread that is - and if you can't find any thread at all that appeals to you - then maybe ICMAG is not for you -

- We have many types of forum here - where you can discuss anything from Golf to pets to advanced lighting for growing - and many other forums - all are voluntary to read or participate in -

- Getting all bent out of shape over what other people want to discuss - seems odd -

8 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-24-2020, 04:49 PM #9
imiubu

imiubu has much to be proud ofimiubu has much to be proud ofimiubu has much to be proud ofimiubu has much to be proud ofimiubu has much to be proud ofimiubu has much to be proud ofimiubu has much to be proud ofimiubu has much to be proud ofimiubu has much to be proud ofimiubu has much to be proud ofimiubu has much to be proud of
I have been reading here at ICM for over a decade now. During those years I read about strains, growing styles, visited the infirmary (more often than I'd like to admit) and looked at many stunning photos of cannabis and much more. Never had I ventured into the Speakers Corner. Dec. '19 I finally made an account with the UN I have used for over 10 yrs. i m(am) i u(you) b u. This is my mantra, my approach to life... live and let live. I try to adhere to this but I am also human and find myself recently very agitated towards my fellow humans. This was revealed to me after I began reading in the SC. I believe in discussing the tough subjects and we are certainly in a time of really disparaging issues. There however is no real discussion/ debate occurring sadly. Grown folks calling each other names and making threats towards those who disagree, is not going to solve any of our current issues. This behavior only further feeds division.
I have come to the conclusion that in this time, when we are all locked in, frustrated, angry, confused etc, etc... there is a need to release these same emotions. So, I do get that it is therapeutic for some folks to just vent. Would those same folks act like this in regular/ normal life situations? IDK but I'd like to think not. I'd like to think this time of uncertainly has brought out the worst, and not the best in some folks.
Knowing this and understanding a small bit about human behavior and knowing we all are able to choose... I can then make a conscious choice to not go to the Speakers Corner. IF I do decide to venture in... I best wear my hip waders and put on a thick skin too. Each one of us can choose to enter where we know there is negativity abounding.

Where will these folks vent, find comfort in those who think the same etc??? At least at the other end of a keyboard/ computer screen, we are safe. What happens if some of these folks don't have the SC and take their anger out on their IRL Family and friends?
I say, let them have at it and let the chips fall where they may.

If members do not like what goes on in there... stay away.
We can only control ourselves, not others. Tend to our own gardens and stop eyeing the weeds in the neighbors field.

jm02.
imiubu is online now Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-24-2020, 05:00 PM #10
flylowgethigh
grassyhopper

flylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivor
Thanks for explaining your "handle". I see it now.

<Tend to our own gardens and stop eyeing the weeds in the neighbors field.>

LOL, I just bush hogged yesteray in 95 heat, about 4 ac of weeds in the field adjacent to me. It is too low to plant, so he doesn't, and it gets full of weeds and now trees. Farmer who rents the land won't mow it, so I do. Looks good now. I should buy that 20 ac.

If not for all the bugs, it would make a good guerella grow spot I think. Surrounded by corn 10' tall right now. Problem is, they cut down the corn before the plants would be ready.

https://youtu.be/NUmIO_MG5IU?t=87

Last edited by flylowgethigh; 07-24-2020 at 05:01 PM.. Reason: Get outside and forget about all the crap the news media is stirring up.
flylowgethigh is offline Quote