Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > IC Magazine > USA Cannabis Scene: State By State > Illinois > Illinois becomes the 11th state to legalize marijuana

Thread Title Search
Illinois becomes the 11th state to legalize marijuana Thread Tools
Old 06-25-2019, 08:43 PM #1
aridbud
automeister

aridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivor
Illinois becomes the 11th state to legalize marijuana

ABC News MEGHAN KENEALLY,ABC News 2 hours 17 minutes ago

Illinois becomes the 11th state to legalize marijuana originally appeared on abcnews.go.com

Illinois has become the latest state to legalize marijuana.

The state's new Democratic governor signed a bill Tuesday legalizing the use of the drug.

Gov. JB Pritzker campaigned on the issue and the Illinois General Assembly passed a law legalizing and regulating production on May 31.

"As the first state in the nation to fully legalize adult-use cannabis through the legislative process, Illinois exemplifies the best of democracy: a bipartisan and deep commitment to better the lives of all of our people," Pritzker said in a statement after he signed the bill.

"Legalizing adult-use cannabis brings an important and overdue change to our state, and it’s the right thing to do. This legislation will clear the cannabis-related records of nonviolent offenders through an efficient combination of automatic expungement, gubernatorial pardon and individual court action," he said.

Illinois now joins 10 states and the District of Columbia in allowing the legal use of marijuana. Legalization will go into effect in Illinois on Jan. 1, 2020.

The National Conference of State Legislatures reports there are 13 other states where marijuana has been decriminalized. Small amounts intended for personal consumption can lead to a civil or local infraction in these states.

That was the tack used in New York, where the state legislature recently opted to decriminalize the drug and view possession of up to 2 ounces as a violation instead of a crime.

The legalization of marijuana in Illinois is seen by some as the latest in a string of progressive or left-leaning policies implemented by Pritzker.

BRAVO, Ilinois!!

Seeds have the power to preserve species, to enhance cultural as well as genetic diversity, to counter economic monopoly and to check the advance of conformity on all its many fronts.
Michael Pollan
"Never, ever be afraid to make some noise and get in good trouble, necessary trouble." ~John Lewis

afterthought autos
We are passionate auto breeders growing organically in the USA since 2008 and offer 34 autoflowering strains, 15 photoperiods, 10 CBD hemp hybrids in our decades of breeding expertise. afterthought autos - we are unique quality cannabis autoflower breeders for medical conditions and recreational stimulus. Auto breeding 14.5 years, and running strong! We're on SEEDBAY again...trio of goodies - autos, photoperiods and CBD hemp strains!

https://www.icmag.com/ic/forumdisplay.php?f=65770
aridbud is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-25-2019, 09:04 PM #2
starke

starke has a reputation beyond reputestarke has a reputation beyond reputestarke has a reputation beyond reputestarke has a reputation beyond reputestarke has a reputation beyond reputestarke has a reputation beyond reputestarke has a reputation beyond reputestarke has a reputation beyond reputestarke has a reputation beyond reputestarke has a reputation beyond reputestarke has a reputation beyond repute
Any step in any state towards legalization is to be applauded. Unfortunately, Illinois is broke as fuck. Sure hope the politicians don't try to balance the budget on the backs of marijuana users.
“We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.” ~Robert Wilensky

"Spread the knowledge, be humble if you don't know, be helpful if you do, if you are wrong, admit it quickly and emphatically, and overgrow the world." (SuperWeed 2017)

"Always keep in mind that when the hearse pulls up to pick you up, there is no trunk or luggage rack on that bitch." (Author unknown)

ACTIVE

Outdoor Hydro Herbs and Leafy Greens (Current Grow Begins on Page 5)

Completed
starke is offline Quote

Old 06-25-2019, 09:56 PM #3
F2F

F2F is just really niceF2F is just really niceF2F is just really niceF2F is just really niceF2F is just really niceF2F is just really niceF2F is just really niceF2F is just really niceF2F is just really niceF2F is just really niceF2F is just really nice
I'm conflicted on how positive the trend across the US really is.

No home grow without a medical card. I'm so tired of this money grab mentality. It's safe enough to legalize for recreation, but we still demand you pay us for the right to consume it?

Even worse all the while claiming preferential "opportunity" in the business for minorities as past restitution (I'm not a minority btw). Somehow I don't see the average minority previously affected by reefer madness opening a dispensary or cultivation facility. Maybe I'm naive.

Cheers
F2F
F2F is online now Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-25-2019, 10:06 PM #4
dddaver

dddaver is a survivordddaver is a survivordddaver is a survivordddaver is a survivordddaver is a survivordddaver is a survivordddaver is a survivordddaver is a survivordddaver is a survivordddaver is a survivordddaver is a survivor
I think Vermont is the only state that has "legalized" that allows home growing. I'm not at all sure this current "no grow" trend is a good thing at all.

DAV -

I can't decide which I like better: either, arguing on the internet is like winning in the Special Olympics, you might win but you're still retarded; or never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience; or you can't fix stupid, so why argue with it? They all are funny, and all are true too.

"Well, da Nile ain't just some big river in Egypt neither."

"No reason to get excited," the thief, he kindly spoke,
"There are many here among us who feel that life is but a joke.
But you and I, we've been through that, and this is not our fate,
So let us not talk falsely now, the hour is getting late.
-
Bob Dylan: All Along the Watchtower

Rights aren’t rights if someone can take them away.
-George Carlin

"The fool thinks himself to be wise, but the wise Man knows himself to be a fool
"
-William Shakespeare

Long signatures suck.
-dddaver

dddaver is offline Quote

Old 06-26-2019, 01:33 AM #5
F2F

F2F is just really niceF2F is just really niceF2F is just really niceF2F is just really niceF2F is just really niceF2F is just really niceF2F is just really niceF2F is just really niceF2F is just really niceF2F is just really niceF2F is just really nice
Data from a pretty non-official site said the following states allow home grow for non-medical use.

Alaska
California
Colorado
District of Colombia
Maine
Massachusetts
Michigan
Nevada
Oregon
Vermont
F2F is online now Quote

6 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-26-2019, 01:43 AM #6
I'mback
Comfortably numb!

I'mback is a survivorI'mback is a survivorI'mback is a survivorI'mback is a survivorI'mback is a survivorI'mback is a survivorI'mback is a survivorI'mback is a survivorI'mback is a survivorI'mback is a survivorI'mback is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by F2F View Post
I'm conflicted on how positive the trend across the US really is.

No home grow without a medical card. I'm so tired of this money grab mentality. It's safe enough to legalize for recreation, but we still demand you pay us for the right to consume it?

Even worse all the while claiming preferential "opportunity" in the business for minorities as past restitution (I'm not a minority btw). Somehow I don't see the average minority previously affected by reefer madness opening a dispensary or cultivation facility. Maybe I'm naive.

Cheers
F2F
Before long they will tax your toilet paper (after each) instance and, further more... they will expect you to collect your "duty", weight it and, produce the required "tax" on said bodily function! Ya wanna wear tin hats?

That being said... STFU and do your thing

I don't want you to trust me. I want you to doubt me.
I want you to question me. I want you to look at the facts! ~ Snowden

“The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience,

but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.”

"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding.
The highest form of knowledge is Empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world" ~ Bill Bullard

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest
the crotch of the person who screws up your day and,
may their arms be too short to scratch...

I'mback is offline Quote

Old 06-26-2019, 01:46 AM #7
I'mback
Comfortably numb!

I'mback is a survivorI'mback is a survivorI'mback is a survivorI'mback is a survivorI'mback is a survivorI'mback is a survivorI'mback is a survivorI'mback is a survivorI'mback is a survivorI'mback is a survivorI'mback is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by aridbud View Post
ABC News MEGHAN KENEALLY,ABC News 2 hours 17 minutes ago

Illinois becomes the 11th state to legalize marijuana originally appeared on abcnews.go.com

Illinois has become the latest state to legalize marijuana.

The state's new Democratic governor signed a bill Tuesday legalizing the use of the drug.

Gov. JB Pritzker campaigned on the issue and the Illinois General Assembly passed a law legalizing and regulating production on May 31.

"As the first state in the nation to fully legalize adult-use cannabis through the legislative process, Illinois exemplifies the best of democracy: a bipartisan and deep commitment to better the lives of all of our people," Pritzker said in a statement after he signed the bill.

"Legalizing adult-use cannabis brings an important and overdue change to our state, and it’s the right thing to do. This legislation will clear the cannabis-related records of nonviolent offenders through an efficient combination of automatic expungement, gubernatorial pardon and individual court action," he said.

Illinois now joins 10 states and the District of Columbia in allowing the legal use of marijuana. Legalization will go into effect in Illinois on Jan. 1, 2020.

The National Conference of State Legislatures reports there are 13 other states where marijuana has been decriminalized. Small amounts intended for personal consumption can lead to a civil or local infraction in these states.

That was the tack used in New York, where the state legislature recently opted to decriminalize the drug and view possession of up to 2 ounces as a violation instead of a crime.

The legalization of marijuana in Illinois is seen by some as the latest in a string of progressive or left-leaning policies implemented by Pritzker.

BRAVO, Ilinois!!
Bold text requires clarification! Before I say Bravo

I don't want you to trust me. I want you to doubt me.
I want you to question me. I want you to look at the facts! ~ Snowden

“The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience,

but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.”

"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding.
The highest form of knowledge is Empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world" ~ Bill Bullard

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest
the crotch of the person who screws up your day and,
may their arms be too short to scratch...

I'mback is offline Quote

Old 06-26-2019, 01:57 AM #8
usda101

usda101 is a glorious beacon of lightusda101 is a glorious beacon of lightusda101 is a glorious beacon of lightusda101 is a glorious beacon of lightusda101 is a glorious beacon of lightusda101 is a glorious beacon of lightusda101 is a glorious beacon of lightusda101 is a glorious beacon of lightusda101 is a glorious beacon of lightusda101 is a glorious beacon of lightusda101 is a glorious beacon of light
Fuckem all ! Money grabbing fuckers trying to dictate who grows . Just makes me want to grow more .
usda101 is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-26-2019, 02:11 AM #9
Bud Green
I dig dirt

Bud Green is a survivorBud Green is a survivorBud Green is a survivorBud Green is a survivorBud Green is a survivorBud Green is a survivorBud Green is a survivorBud Green is a survivorBud Green is a survivorBud Green is a survivorBud Green is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by usda101 View Post
Fuckem all ! Money grabbing fuckers trying to dictate who grows . Just makes me want to grow more .

Hear, Hear!!!

Isn't Mother Nature grand !
Bud Green is online now Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-26-2019, 02:14 AM #10
aridbud
automeister

aridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivor
Better than a stick in the eye with scissors or a thorn branch. People will continue to grow underground, Switcher. $$$ has to be made and will let out-of-staters and those unable to grow to buy.

Seeds have the power to preserve species, to enhance cultural as well as genetic diversity, to counter economic monopoly and to check the advance of conformity on all its many fronts.
Michael Pollan
"Never, ever be afraid to make some noise and get in good trouble, necessary trouble." ~John Lewis

afterthought autos
We are passionate auto breeders growing organically in the USA since 2008 and offer 34 autoflowering strains, 15 photoperiods, 10 CBD hemp hybrids in our decades of breeding expertise. afterthought autos - we are unique quality cannabis autoflower breeders for medical conditions and recreational stimulus. Auto breeding 14.5 years, and running strong! We're on SEEDBAY again...trio of goodies - autos, photoperiods and CBD hemp strains!

https://www.icmag.com/ic/forumdisplay.php?f=65770
aridbud is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.